Author Topic: Michigan members!  (Read 846 times)

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
Michigan members!
« on: August 11, 2009 - 03:00:48 PM »
I am trying to get my car fired up by Thrursday.. IF there is anyone willing and able to stop by and give me some pointers..
 I'd really appreciate it. :bigsmile: to say the least.

I have never taken a car down to nothing before and built it back up again.
If anyone has been there before, it would make me feel better knowing that someone was looking over my shoulder telling me - no, that does not go there, yes, that's right; That clip goes there, you forgot this....

For those that have done it before, its easy. For me, its a bit intimidating. (I am nervous, and the wofe is kinda freaked. )

I have just about all of the elements in place to get it started, minus the 2 correct throttle linkage brackets.
I need to bring the IP up from the basement and get it in the car, and drop the rest of the wire harnes in place. The engine bay and  forward light harness is in. I need to put a fe more connections to gether and I am good to go.
I was planning on rebuilding the HVAC tonight and getting it in the car for tomorrow, but I ran into a brick wall on that one.
I spent like 6 hours glassing all of the cracks back together. It was pretty screwed up.

I pick up my radiator tonight, so I will be ready to put coolant in the car, that is if I decide to bypass the HVAC....

PM me and I'll send you directions and an invite....and a few free beers to boot!

Best,

Dan
One E body saved, 7 years and counting.

wagesofsin

Re: Michigan members!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009 - 03:18:20 PM »
whoever shows up... pleeeeeease take pics!!  i wanna see him pee his pants.   i told dave about stopping by already dan.  i really wish i could be there to help.  i like beer.

Offline farmertan

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009 - 12:39:44 PM »
Hi dan I'm on the wrong side of the state or I would stop in. Also for startup dont use anti-freeze just go with water incase something is wrong and you have to drain the system then when its up and running drain it and put in 50/50. Good luck. :working:
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009 - 03:01:34 PM »
 :iagree:  But by all means.......PLEASE REMEMBER, about three years ago when I got my 440 in the 72 running I just added water. Drove it a few times and then parked it for the winter. Now it did sit in a heated garage, but when I backed it out the following spring the rad fluid looked like rootbeer. I hooked up a hose, put it in the rad, loosened the return hose at the botton and let her run and circulate for about 1/2 hour. It was a lot cleaner, but still a "heavy brew" brown. How many times I will need to do this who knows. But I did put 50/50 mix in after that.  DON'T FORGET.  :banghead:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline DMZ73

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009 - 06:16:21 PM »
Wow, I never woulda thought of that... I may do the 50/50, but not pure water, JIC I forget...
I have a brand new 3 core radiator, and I wouldn t want to ruin it if I forgot..

just put like 6 gallons in the tank. I figure if I go through the star sequence a few times, that should do it...

What about the remote start button ( Murrays  trigger switch.)  I set one lead to the starter the other to the neg terminal on the battery?

I would love to have a few members to stop by. There might be some COOL "test" vehicles there...

Dan

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009 - 06:20:22 PM »
remote start button connects between the starter pos cable and the little terminal. Where are you at, I might be able to help a little bit
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline DMZ73

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009 - 11:44:12 PM »
72cudaman,

I am in BLoomfield Twp, East side of Woodward, South side of Square Lk. Rd.
Love to have you over. I think I have seen you driving down Woodward before...
Free beer for wrenching! :thumbsup:

Best,
Dan Zimmermann

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009 - 09:50:29 AM »
Dan, I'm driving back in from Battle Creek late this afternoon, I will try to get there, but the Wife works until 8pm, it may be a later on,  :dunno: but man I want to see you when the 360 fires up,  :droolingbounce: I hope I can get there, make sure someone is taking pics,  :picture: and video, Oh Man you must be freaking-out  :woohoo: :scared:  :faint:
1973 Dodge Challenger, Warren Michigan.

Offline DMZ73

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009 - 11:37:05 AM »
make sure someone is taking pics,  :picture: and video, Oh Man you must be freaking-out  :woohoo: :scared:  :faint:
:roflsmiley: :bigsmile: :scared: :woohoo: :22yikes: :1zhelp: :faint: :faint:

yup.....I am a little freaked. All of my friends from work will be egging me on. I am pretty scared...
hope u can make it!
Dan

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009 - 04:06:23 PM »
 :cheers: From a fellow michiganer,i mean yooper!

GOOD LUCK.  :popcorn:  :popcorn:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline DMZ73

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009 - 08:49:28 PM »
Many thanks cudaman72! Thanks for coming and bringing "life" to the party!
To my other Michigan members- we shall meet another time!
for now, she's a runner. She's not streetworthy, but it works!!!!
 :faint: :cheers: :dogpile: :ylsuper:
See you at the cruise- :woohoo:

Dan

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009 - 11:24:14 AM »
That's one big step closer to the street! Hope your Challenger gets there soon, but until then, have fun wrenching!  :cheers:

Btw, what remains to be done with it before it's streetworthy?
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***