Author Topic: BRETT FAVRE  (Read 2567 times)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Re: BRETT FAVRE
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009 - 08:29:19 AM »
I really used to like the guy   :dunno:  but the last couple years he sure has lowered himself, both in character and performance. And like SC was saying yesterday, he did have a good first half (season) last year but like MEK said stunk up the last half. He also like many other times threw away the Jets playoff game last year. Yeah, he got out of training camp, I guess he's above that element of footbal and apparently a snob for not wanting to be around his new team members. But honestly, the reason he's back is because of Michael Vick. Vick was getting all the press and attention. And of course a desperate team owner and a desperate team coach willing to "baby" him and pay him $25M.

He also wants to "get back" at the Packers, that's BS, the Packer franchise and the fans there treated him like a god. He retired, shed his tears (acouple time since too) and went home. The Packers did what they had to do, prepared the best they could for the comming season with a new QB. Then the wonder boy wanted to return. How could (if for no other reason) a franchise like Green Bay afford his demand of money above the payroll of the rest of the team? Green Bay is not a high roller $$$$ area of the NFL family.

He lied, the Vikings lied, and that locker room will be in turmoil. It's sad. We know one day (if he ever does retire) he'll be in the hall of fame, but what if Green Bay tells him to go in as a Jet, or a Viking, or whatever team in the furure who is desperate. As far as this year and the final outcome? The Vikings made the playoffs last year, but do you really think a 40 year old dinged up QB can get them any further? Can he really stay heathy for 16 games? And if memory serves me right, his record in domes stunk, I may be wrong but he played better in open stadiums even when he was young and healthy.

All around, he is a lesser man of character and trust because of this, can his new team mates fully trust him................will they "really" protect him?
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009 - 08:52:10 AM »
Farve,Vick,Farve,Vick,Farve,Vick, I could go without hearing those two names the rest of my life  :puke:
Chris, Ohio

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009 - 01:07:31 PM »
I am so tired of this drama queen. Really, what did he do with the Jets last year??  A couple of good games, then pretty much stunk it up. I hope the h@ll he stinks it up again and is gone from the league for good.    :wave:

As a side note, he won't be on my Fantasy team.    :smilielol:

YEA, But will AP be on your FF Team ? Something to think about  :newbie:
1973 Dodge Challenger, Warren Michigan.

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009 - 06:29:13 PM »
 :naughty: Well he's starting for the vikes tonight against k.c,lets see how well he fairs wearing the purple people eater colors.  :cheers: have a few of these during the game tonight.  :woohoo:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009 - 06:54:58 PM »
:naughty: Well he's starting for the vikes tonight against k.c,lets see how well he fairs wearing the purple people eater colors.  :cheers: have a few of these during the game tonight.  :woohoo:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Seriously now, he has a partially torn rotator cuff. He threw 9 interceptions the last 5 games for the Jets to yank them out of playoff contention. What are you people expecting up there?   :dunno:  Old age is hell, and he will find that out.   :lol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009 - 07:56:06 PM »
I will watch him tonight, only because he is playing against my Chiefs
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

sleepychallenger

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009 - 08:35:30 PM »
GO CHIEFS!!!!!

sleepychallenger

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009 - 11:07:49 PM »
HOW DO WE DO THAT!!! 1 YARD LINE, 4 DOWNS, AND WE CANT FREAKIN MAKE IT IN? WHAT THE H E DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009 - 10:29:02 AM »
The Vikes sure got it together after the first half. I missed the first part with BF in so I don't know how he did. The rest of the game sure looked good though. Sorry KC guys!!!!!!!!!     :woo:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009 - 02:03:21 PM »
I think Brett Favre is a very gifted athlete and has done a great job in the past as a quarterback, but I believe the real reason he is back is because of the CASH FOR CLUNKERS program!!! :roflsmiley: :smilielol: :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009 - 04:16:51 PM »
It's hard to respect a full grown Man that breaks down and cries like a little baby on national TV over something like retiring from Football.  :-\
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

sleepychallenger

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009 - 09:03:57 AM »
It's hard to respect a full grown Man that breaks down and cries like a little baby on national TV over something like retiring from Football.  :-\
I dont know, i see full grown men cry when they retire from the military all the time. or when they move to another base. only difference is he happened to be on TV.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009 - 09:32:32 AM »
I dont know, i see full grown men cry when they retire from the military all the time. or when they move to another base. only difference is he happened to be on TV.

Were they also despondant over their lousy 12 million dollar contract??
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009 - 04:25:50 PM »
  :dunno:  Old age is hell, and he will find that out.   :lol:

A semi hijack here, sorry.

Mike if you weren't such a good friend I could take offense of such a generalized comment. On the other hand I guess ya don't think I've made it to that point.  :cheers:  :roflsmiley:

Back to topic, yeah I beleieve old man Brett went 1 for 4 for a total of 4 yards. That puts the Vikees in Super Bowl mode.  :roflsmiley:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009 - 09:57:03 PM »
I can totally see how it would be hard to let go of the game but he has pushed it to the point that its not hard at all to let go of him. Gunslingers are ok and provide a lot of excitement but in the end they always screw up. I liked the guy but never saw the big deal, one ring is not much to scream about in my opinion. I want to laugh when I hear people say stupid things like he is better than Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, Brady. All those guys have 3 or more rings, he is not fit to carry their jockstraps!
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*