Author Topic: Restoration of an origonal owner 73 Challenger Rallye  (Read 195396 times)

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
Re: Restoration of an origonal owner 73 Challenger Rallye
« Reply #540 on: July 23, 2013 - 01:40:01 PM »
 :2thumbs:
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #541 on: July 23, 2013 - 09:36:38 PM »
Good to hear you got some "me time"  :2thumbs: Working on going for a drive in the Challenger always lifts my spirits.  :burnout:
Give Owen a hug from all of us!  :angelwings:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #542 on: July 28, 2013 - 02:36:26 PM »
The seats are in.  I'm not sure how to take good interior pics but here's what I have.  The Legendary vinyl isn't nearly as shiny as the original vinyl.  It almost looks like a dark charcoal like the dash pad.  What is everyone using on their seats?

They interior guy must have done something extra to the foam.  Before, I sank right down into the seat.  It was very uncomfortable.  Now, the seats are much more firm and feel a lot nicer.

I need to find some new chromed plastic seat back buttons.  My DS one is in rough shape.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #543 on: July 28, 2013 - 06:47:33 PM »
Seats look great !
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #544 on: July 29, 2013 - 07:16:31 PM »
Looks great to me! The woodgrain looks great also! :clapping:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #545 on: July 29, 2013 - 08:33:17 PM »
The seats are in.  I'm not sure how to take good interior pics but here's what I have.  The Legendary vinyl isn't nearly as shiny as the original vinyl.  It almost looks like a dark charcoal like the dash pad.

Looks good Darren, pics will turn out better with natural light with no flash if you can get enough...
Yea I noticed the replacement seat covers are not quite as black & I purchased mine back in the mid '80s  :dunno:

Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #546 on: July 30, 2013 - 12:05:40 AM »
I pulled the DS door panel off today. I found both rectangular front track nuts sitting in the bottom of the door.  I reinstalled them with some thread locker...window problem fixed.

I'm just waiting on the longer e-brake intermediate cable and the car will be back on the road.

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #547 on: July 31, 2013 - 09:00:00 PM »
The intermediate cable arrived today.  I transfered the hardware over to it and it still was too short.  I replaced the curved bracket(that attaches to the threaded rod) with a smaller one that was in the kit.  Everything fit nice after that.  The bracket was curved way too much and was eating up some of the cable length.  Finally, that job is done.  It was a hastle.  So, I used Fine Lines front and rear cables...Inline Tubes intermediate cable and the factory S-hook. :banghead:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013 - 11:47:41 PM by burdar »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #548 on: July 31, 2013 - 11:39:22 PM »
I am glad you have made some progress with the car , the E brake fiasco is ridiculous , glad you solved it  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #549 on: July 31, 2013 - 11:46:56 PM »
The only thing left is to undercoat the wheel wells.

My body guy was trying to find a truck and trailer to get the car out to the Nats next weekend.  He's already taking two cars and doesn't have access to another enclosed trailer.  It would have been fun to finally have it there.  Hopefully next year.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #550 on: August 01, 2013 - 09:25:03 AM »
Are you looking for an enclosed trailer? If not, see about renting through Penske.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #551 on: August 01, 2013 - 09:53:00 AM »
I may be able to talk a buddy into towing the car to Ohio...I just don't have an enclosed trailer.  I always have to dodge flying rocks while driving out there.  I don't want the car on an open trailer.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #552 on: August 01, 2013 - 10:41:44 PM »
I just recently went through the issue of the wrong s-hook and eqluilizer cable... Inlinetube is selling both the wrong ones for 71 and later.

Intermediate (equalizer) parking brake cable measured at roughly 90".  Dorman # BC93412 is listed as 90 1/4".

The Raybestos # BC93412 cable for the car is listed as having 90 1/2" overall length.

So I go onto O'Reilly's website and find it. It's listed as C93412. The manager said they see it on the website yet they can't order it for me.   :banghead:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DOR2/C93412.oap?ck=Search_c93412_-1_2571&keyword=c93412

So what auto parts store can you get them from?
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #553 on: August 01, 2013 - 10:54:21 PM »
I'm going to send my intermediate cable to you. If you can use it...great. If not, give it to someone who can.  I'll get an accurate measurement now that the hardware is off of it. It was supposed to be 89" but I think it's 90".

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #554 on: August 01, 2013 - 11:03:56 PM »
I'm still getting a bad rattle from the front end when I go over bumps. I removed the bump stops and installed ones that are only about a half inch tall. Those are just temporary so I can see if it makes a difference. If that's the problem, I'll have to raise the front end a little.