Author Topic: What's your favorite Mopar magazine/publication?  (Read 1933 times)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
What's your favorite Mopar magazine/publication?
« on: August 19, 2009 - 06:30:21 PM »
Just thought maybe I'm missing something by missing one? What's your favourite Mopar related publication and why?
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline DAYTONA

Re: What's your favorite Mopar magazine/publication?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009 - 08:35:30 PM »
MCG...articles about rare finds

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009 - 08:42:52 PM »
MCG - "What's New"
       - "Classifieds"
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline sprecks

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009 - 08:47:40 PM »
I like MCG because of the multiple feature cars and unique cars they always seem to find. I also like the enviro-masochism article every month as well.
you can call me Jay
I've seen sicker dogs get well.

1971 Challenger Vert - 472 Hemi EFI
1969 Road Runner 440/Auto
2017 Ram Laramie 1500 - Hemi

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009 - 09:17:47 PM »
mgd  :cheers:

sorry, mcg it is!

:canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009 - 10:03:21 PM »
 :iagree: MCG is my favorite too
Dennis,Ohio

Offline EDGEFIND

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009 - 10:28:02 PM »
Over the years, I've been up for pretty much anything that gives me a free T-Shirt for buying a subscription so I'm easy and I've tried Mopar Collector's Guide, Mopar Muscle and Mopar Enthusiast. I like bits and pieces of them all but also get annoyed with each as well.

With MCG - I enjoy the oddball car or rare find stories along with some of the unique mopar related things they find like the Rupp Go-Joes they covered a couple months back. They also cover all Mopars from thoughout the ages. However, I absolutely  HATE political commentary when I just want to read about my hobbies whether it's cars or action figures. I'm usually depressed after I read how the government wants to take away all of my rights, my car is going to get stolen and that if I decide to deviate from the factory specs on my car or that I don't do what the editor likes then it's crap.

With Mopar Muscle - It's laid back and they cover everything from readers' everyday cars to high end show cars. I dig the young guns section and enjoy the overall positive attitudes toward the hobby. The tech stuff isn't too far over my head as a novice and I can actually follow along with the work. The advertisements can be a bit overbearing and I feel that there is a lack of coverage of anything that is pre mid-60's. Of course, it is called Muscle and is fitting to that era.

With Mopar Enthusiast - I enjoy the newer coverage of what's currently going on in the hobby. It feels like a more youthful magazine for a newer generation of hobbyists without getting too in depth about any technical details. However, I have to wait twice as long and get half as many for the same price as the others and whatever mailing service they use obviously feeds every issue to a pit bull at some point before it reaches my mailbox as each issue I have received has been torn, shredded and soaked in some type of liquid.

I've also picked up a handful of Mopar Actions from time to time but have to admit that technically speaking, a lot of it is a little over my head and isn't nearly as entertaining as the others.

That's my two cents on the subject matter. In no way are my opinions meant to be insulting toward anyone or their thoughts on the matter. It's simply how I view the above mentioned mags that I've checked out. :bigsmile:
-Jay, J.J., James, Jimmy Joe...I answer to all of them.

Offline e-tek

• My website: http://edanneberg.googlepages.com/home
    • E-Tek Resto's
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009 - 10:51:16 PM »
MoparAction. I subbed to MCG for 2 years, but it was SO repetitive....plus there's little or no tech, which MA is full of - Rich Erhenberg is da' (tech) man!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009 - 02:22:17 AM »
Ehrenberg is good for the Tech but I HAte MA they start an article at the front then ahve to dig through the mag to find the rest & then dig back through the mag to find where you left off , way too annoying

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009 - 05:40:54 AM »
never found any of the mopar mags in a store overhere...  :walkaway:   subscibe and ship feels pretty much like getting robbed   :22yikes:
*** Bart ***

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009 - 12:34:25 PM »
never found any of the mopar mags in a store overhere...  :walkaway:   subscibe and ship feels pretty much like getting robbed   :22yikes:

Well, shoot, Bart, we can help with that.  Here I've been cutting out the good tech articles from Mopar Muscle and then throwing the rest of the mag away.  I could copy the articles, save the issues and send you six months of mags at a time.   :cheers:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline back n black

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009 - 01:20:48 PM »
MCG because they get great cars with good stories on their pages.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009 - 01:27:44 PM »
hey Greg,
that would be awesome  :cooldancing:    in the past we had one magstore here who carried hodrod magazine and a few more chevy-ish mags, but they went out of business a few years ago. I had to pay 12 euros for one issue of hodrod... ( that`s about 18 usd...  :eek4:  ) and since h.r. is full of "tuning tips for chebby smallblocks" every month, I quit getting them.  never found one mopar mag here. 
let me know when you have some for me  :woohoo:
thanks, Bart
*** Bart ***

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009 - 02:05:36 PM »
I suscribe to Mopar Muscle.  I typically like their feature cars and they seem to feature a range of restorations, hot rods, and drag cars. I get bored with the constant engine dyno series stuff, but it does seem to be popular right now. I also don't care for, but know that others may appreciate, that they feature a late model tech article every month as well. But I might let me subscription go.

Mopar Action is okay and I'll pick one up now and again, but overall really don't like their attitude in feature car articles nor the way the stories constantly jump around. They also seem to only have high end restoarations or drag cars as their features and the majority of those are 68-74 vehicels.

Never really looked at Mopar Enthusiast.

I do remember the good old days when in addition to MM and MA, there was also High Performance Mopar, which I really liked for their really broad range of tech, and Performance for the Chrsyler Enthusiast, and Chrysler Power. I think I've still got boxes of these stashed around the garage.

Honestly, while I really dig moparrs, most the mopar mags are kinda boring. I get all three of the big multi-make mags and when a bunch of them hit my mail box at once, I actually find myself reading the mopar mag last. I also find it kind of ironic that some of the less mainstream mopar stuff that is really interesting usually isn't found in the mopar mags either. Things like Bonneville cars, rods of various sorts, and other fun stuff will usually be seen in Hot Rod or Car Craft before any of the mopar mags.

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009 - 03:05:52 PM »
I read Mopar Muscle, mainly because the issues of Mopar Action didn't grab my attention. I haven't seen the other mags anywhere. I do read Muscle Car Review also, and they really do a good job of "spreading the love" to all the car companies. I'm a Mopar guy at heart, but my wife loves Mustangs and my friends like Chevys so I try to read some about those too so that I'm not in the dark.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project