Author Topic: What's your favorite Mopar magazine/publication?  (Read 1934 times)

Offline EDGEFIND

Re: What's your favorite Mopar magazine/publication?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009 - 03:27:57 PM »
I'm the same way. My heart belongs to Mopar but I enjoy all types of vehicles from the world of cars. Muscle Car Review has had some cool things in it. lately, I've been checking mags like Ol' Skool Rodz, Kar Kulture Deluxe and Garage for something different.
-Jay, J.J., James, Jimmy Joe...I answer to all of them.

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009 - 06:39:36 PM »
I dropped MCG a few years ago due to the political crap, the constant Genital Herpes (General Lee) obsession and the way those Billy Hills call everyone "the boy" and talk about what options a car was "born" with. Could do without GayLen's column, too.

I tried Mopar Muscle again last year, but if I see one more 440 build, I believe I will buy a MAC-10 and use it. Hey look...another big block A-body in Mopar Muscle...wow.  Look, another coat of paint drying.

I'm back to the teeth-clenching with MCG. They do still have cool cars and the most relevant ads.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009 - 07:09:09 PM by quapman »
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009 - 07:27:05 PM »

I do remember the good old days when in addition to MM and MA, there was also High Performance Mopar, which I really liked for their really broad range of tech, and Performance for the Chrsyler Enthusiast, and Chrysler Power. I think I've still got boxes of these stashed around the garage.

HPM was great, even if it was only seven issues a year.    I was a bit disappointed when their parent company was sold and they merged with Mopar Muscle.  At first, I wasn't too happy, since the quality and content of MM didn't measure up to HPM, but they've improved a lot over the years.  Like you, I have a couple of years of HPM in the garage.  I'm not sure why I'm keeping them - the tech and ads are all outdated.  Maybe I'll box them up and ship them off to Bart.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009 - 10:09:45 PM »
Current publication - MCG. It's what HMN would be like if Huey Long were the owner/publisher. A person on their political or religious soapbox gives me rls. But dangit, those ads, oddball Mopar articles, and "What's New" pull me in like the dog in the Beggin' Strips commercial.

No-longer in print - Hi-Performance Mopar, and for pure information Classic Chrysler Quarterly.

:2cents: :2cents:

Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009 - 08:12:27 AM »
I'm hanging on to my High Performance Mopar mags in case I aver get around to the FWD to V8 conversion I've been thinking about. They had a whole sereis of one that was done to a Conquest and it turned out pretty cool. They also had some cool tech that is still relevant, like putting Autometer controls into a stock instrument panel as well as some decent troubleshooting articles as well.

I've got all my mopar mags indexed by tech features in case I want to dig something back up. Only problem is my mags are in several boxes and they are all out of sequence, so while I may know what issue I'm after, finding it is another story.

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009 - 06:15:03 PM »
Current publication - MCG. It's what HMN would be like if Huey Long were the owner/publisher. A person on their political or religious soapbox gives me rls. But dangit, those ads, oddball Mopar articles, and "What's New" pull me in like the dog in the Beggin' Strips commercial.

:roflsmiley:  :smilielol:   :cheers:  :roflsmiley:

Mopar, mopar, mopar, mopar........I smell MOPAR!
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009 - 06:48:23 PM »
For a pure Mopar Mag, I guess MCG is the only one for me.  The writing is a little lame at times with phrases like "one of one" and "how cool is that" used way too often, along with too many references with Galen Govier.  But I enjoy the variety of articles, the up to date news relating to all things Mopar, the ads, and I do enjoy the enviro-masochism columns seeing how the mainstream news media seems pretty determined to not permit any dissenting views to be published on this subject.
And I like getting a cool new shirt every year! :cooldancing:
I got a subscription to MM last winter when someone shared a link to a place offering $8 subscriptions.  I probably hadn't subscribed to it in 7 or 8 years, and I must say I don't find it worth much more than the $8 I paid for a year, mostly articles about how to hop up your late model Charger or a feature on some highly modified car instead of a well done restoration.
MA has some good features, but it is hit or miss, I look for it at the newstand and buy a couple issues a year when I see something I am really interested in.
These days my favorite car magazines are Muscle Car Review, Hemmings Muscle Machines and Hemmings Classic Car.  Maybe it is just that I have read so many Mopar only magazines for the last 20 years that very little I see in Mopar only magazines is new to me, but these other magazines just seem to have so many more interesting articles every month.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009 - 06:50:54 PM by JH27N0B »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009 - 06:58:46 PM »
Not Mopar specific, but Hemming's Muscle News is the best thing going in my opinion. Nice stories, and you don't have cheap thin paper ads all over the place. I just tired of MCG being mostly ads.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline e-tek

• My website: http://edanneberg.googlepages.com/home
    • E-Tek Resto's
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009 - 12:27:32 AM »
These days my favorite car magazines are Muscle Car Review, Hemmings Muscle Machines and Hemmings Classic Car.

Totally agree - someone should send this thread to the magazines themselves!!!!

As for old copies sittin' around, maybe we can find if there's anyone who's really needy and we can all send a few of our stash to them!!! Charity starts at home - with MOPAR!

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009 - 08:40:25 AM »
I like the mag Mopar Milestones :bigshades:

Offline Fleet 500

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009 - 03:41:29 PM »
Does Muscle Car Review still exist? I thought it stopped publication some years ago?

Offline JimSC

• Like what you buy, Buy what you like.
    • Supercar Collectibles
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009 - 10:58:03 AM »
They did stop (MCR) a few years ago, but I think they do a few issues a year now. Not sure...
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
www.Supercar1.com

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009 - 01:17:39 PM »
I've had subscriptions to every Mopar mag since 1992.  My favorite is MCG.  The classifieds are unparalleled and I love the "Toys In The Attic" feature where they show you upcoming and vintage toys/memorabilia.  They also do a nice job of spreading the wealth amongst concours restos, drivers,  and restomods.  The other mags do a better job on tech articles for do-it-yourselfers, but other than that MCG kicks butt.

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009 - 06:43:23 PM »
I get mopar muscle,was getting hpm since 92 before they quit.
had every issue since then.stored at my old job place of business that went belly up and i didnt' get them out in time and they were thrown out.  :pullinghair:  :swear:  :swear:
have all the issue of mopar muscle though since they started.  :thumbsup:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD