Cuda-Challenger Fantasy Football

Author Topic: Cuda-Challenger Fantasy Football  (Read 19260 times)

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
Re: Cuda-Challenger Fantasy Football
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009 - 09:39:40 PM »
Guess who?   :wave:

I recognize a few people in our league, but not most. How do we contact each other for trades? Do we post our offers here and hope someone is interested?  Do we PM each other, but most team names aren't usernames, so that is my problem...I don't know who is in this league.

I have no problems posting here, but is that the way we want to do it?

What are your offers for my #1??     :popcorn:  I'll swap #1's with anyone, but what else?

Mike

I would not post your trades here, it could work against you

After the draft, there will be an option on your team roster page to make trade requests
1973 Dodge Challenger, Warren Michigan.

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009 - 09:43:59 PM »
Guess who?   :wave:

I recognize a few people in our league, but not most. How do we contact each other for trades? Do we post our offers here and hope someone is interested?  Do we PM each other, but most team names aren't usernames, so that is my problem...I don't know who is in this league.

I have no problems posting here, but is that the way we want to do it?

What are your offers for my #1??     :popcorn:  I'll swap #1's with anyone, but what else?

Mike

Also, in the league you have the option to email the league, or one team

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009 - 01:40:56 PM »
2009 C-C E-BODY

Cuda-Challenger Fantasy Football League
Commissioner – (AmazenToys)
Assistant Commissioner – (Joltin' Fish w/Teeth)

ENTRY FEE

The entry fee for each team will be Free, up to 12 Teams.  We will also be using the Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football Commissioner software to manage the league. The cost for this service for the entire season is Free, including Stattracker.

DRAFT

Autopick Draft – Head to Head
You will participate in Autopick Draft, with the ability to rank your players in advance if you wish to do so. The draft will consist of 16 rounds from which the Autodraft will make selections from a pool of NFL players, or your preselect ranked players, in order to field a starting lineup for each weekly head-to-head matchup. Draft order will be determined by rotoworld draft randomizer. The draft will follow a “snake” format (Teams 1-12 then Teams 12-1 and so on) until all 16 rounds have been completed. Draft date is set for within 72 hours after League is published; league to be published August 30th 2009.

ROSTER (STARTING LINEUP)

A team’s weekly starting lineup will consist of the following 8 player positions.

(1)  Quarterback [QB]
(2)  Running Back [RB]
(2)  Wide Receivers [WR]
(1)  Tight End [TE]
 (1)  Kicker [K]
(1)  Defense/Special Teams [DE]
==

In the event a Team Owner is unable to set his roster, the commissioner will make the changes to the Team Owners request (vme, or email). In the event a Team Owner leaves an illegal line-up, the commissioner will reset the team to the Yahoo default recommended settings for that week. This will assist other Teams if the owner is out of town, out ill, or if a team has given up due to their position in the standings, this will keep play fair & competitive.

ROSTER (BENCH)

Your bench will consist of 8 players of any position (QB, RB, WR, TE, K, or DE).  Make sure to have an adequate number of player positions to be able to field a valid starting lineup on a weekly basis.  Please review the NFL “Bye Week” schedule.

ROSTER (Injured Reserve – IR)

You may place up to (2) players on your roster that were acquired via the draft or free agency on injured reserve (IR) if they’re listed on the Yahoo! Sports website with a Red Cross symbol.  The Yahoo! Sports website will be the “official” site to determine player’s health status and no other form of communication will be valid in determining the health of a player. 
The inclusion of up to (2) players on your roster to the IR will allow a team to acquire up to (2) additional players via the Free Agency process to add depth to your roster while your players are injured.  A player may remain on the IR until the Red Cross symbol has been removed from the player’s status on the Yahoo! Sports website.  This is a manual process and the commissioner will do his best to monitor the IR status of players on each team.  Once healthy you must create a roster spot for each player on IR by dropping someone from your roster (starting lineup or bench).  The intention of this process is to protect your players that are injured but will play again during the season and not to stockpile additional players on your roster to “block” free agents from other teams in the league. A team with a Healthy Player on IR will be dropped automatically by the league commissioner with prior notification given to the team at fault.

PLAYERS (FREE AGENCY)

Those players not drafted in the 16-round entry draft become part of the C-C E-Body FFL Free Agent pool. 

The Free Agency Add/Drop process begins at 8:00PM EDT/EST the Tuesday immediately following the Monday Night Football (MNF) of a given week.  This is a manual process that must be initiated by the commissioner.  This process is “First Come First Serve” and each team is able to make UNLIMITED FREE selections.  The Yahoo Sports time stamp will be recognized, any player(s) Add/Drop before the time will be removed at the next Commissioner viewing. This may not necessary happen that same evening, but the next following day. Be sure to sync your time to Yahoo Sports. Add/Drops will end 5 minutes prior to games Thursday, or Sunday. When Thursday Games are played, add/drops will take place at 8:00PM EDT/EST the Friday immediately following the Thursday Night Football. If the add/drop option should not be turned off, and you add/drop after the 5 minute time slot, your roster will be updated accordingly by the commissioner, and you will not receive these add/drops.

PLAYERS (TRADES)

Teams may propose trades amongst one another for any number of players.

ALL TRADES must be approved by the commissioner, & assistant commissioner.

The trade deadline is the end of Week #14 of the NFL campaign.

PLAYOFFS

E-Body FFL playoffs coincide with Week’s #15&16 of the NFL campaign.

Top (4) teams make the playoffs.

Highest seed plays the lowest seed.  (1 vs. 4 & 2 vs. 3)

Play-off Team Winners move on to the Championship Game.

Defeated Play-off Teams will play to determine 3rd & 4th Place.

TIEBREAKERS

Game Tiebreakers:
1. Reserve Points
2. Touchdowns
3. Team with highest scoring record

Standings Will be Based on:
1. Winning Percentage

Standings Tiebreakers:
1. Total Points
2. Head to Head Record
3. Average Margin of Victory

Playoff Game Tiebreakers:
1. Touchdowns
2. Team With Highest Scoring Record
3. Reserve Points

PLAYOFF PURSE

Bragging Rights on Cuda-Challenger Forum
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009 - 01:47:35 PM by AmazenToys »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009 - 05:37:48 PM »
Me again..    :wave:

I have a question about the IR. It seems anyone on this list won't necessarily have been put on some kind of injured reserve list by their real teams. So, if I read this right, if I have a player ruled out this week, I can put him on the IR list, if I have a spot available there?

Clueless Clunkers

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline CrazyPete

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009 - 06:37:41 PM »
so the rules are pretty much the standard that they used since the late 90's COOL

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A      http://heartlandmopars.com
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe
1976 Dodge Dart Sport
"Is that an oil leak?  No it's just sweat from all that HORSEPOWER"

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009 - 07:26:37 PM »

I have a question about the IR. It seems anyone on this list won't necessarily have been put on some kind of injured reserve list by their real teams. So, if I read this right, if I have a player ruled out this week, I can put him on the IR list, if I have a spot available there?

Clueless Clunkers

Not quite, Mike.  Keep in mind that IR in the NFL doesn't work like the disabled list in baseball.  If a team puts a player on IR, that player is done for the season. So long as Yahoo has declared that player eligible to be placed on IR - via the Red Cross symbol - you can put him on the IR.    The reason Yahoo is using the Red Cross concept is to allow a fantasy owner to protect those players who have an injurt that will keep them out for a couple of weeks (listed as "Out" on the NFL weekly injury reports) - think sprained ankles.  What you can't do is just stash an otherwise healthy player there for the week in order to pick up an extra player off the free agent list.  If Yahoo doesn't have him marked as eligible for the IR, you can't put him there.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009 - 09:56:48 PM »

Clueless Clunkers

If a Player is hurt in week one, and ruled out to play in week 2 Yahoo will define this by a red symbol, thus your player can go on IR, in sense on your bench, and in return you can pick up a player to keep your Roster and Bench at 16, IR is 2 gimmie's if you need them. This helps you from having to drop a player who may come back later in the season, and help you into the playoffs. Here is a example that happened to me, Eli Manning was my QB, in his first game in the 3rd qtr, he was hurt, he was out for 5 weeks if I recall. I place Eli on IR, picked up a 3rd QB, played my 2nd choice until his be week, then my 3rd QB played the bye. Eli came back, I dropped my my 3rb QB. Now I did not have to pick up a QB, I could have picked a RB, but you need to play smart when it comes to bye weeks, these start in week 4. You must keep 8 active players on the field, and 8 on your bench, with a IR it is still 8 and 8, with 1 or 2 on IR. Hope this made sense?

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009 - 10:00:44 PM »
When the NFL places a player on IR, he is done for the season

When the Fantasy Football places a player on IR, it means he is questionable to play in that weeks game, but he will return in the up coming week(s)

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009 - 06:21:21 AM »
so the rules are pretty much the standard that they used since the late 90's COOL

YEP!

Offline mrcuda

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009 - 04:13:07 PM »
This was probably too hard for a rockhead like me anyhow :clueless:l

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009 - 10:39:55 PM »
I set the League for go for the Draft, so we should see some action in the next 72 hours, Yahoo did not give me a date or time, as soon as I see some action I will post.

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009 - 06:31:17 AM »
Well that was fast, looked this morning and the DRAFT IS DONE! Check out your TEAMS

Offline CrazyPete

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009 - 07:57:01 AM »
hmmmmm kinda interesting should be a fun season even tho i only got 1 pat. :pullinghair:

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A      http://heartlandmopars.com
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe
1976 Dodge Dart Sport
"Is that an oil leak?  No it's just sweat from all that HORSEPOWER"

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009 - 11:27:06 AM »
What I find interesting is I was able to draft 3 guys in my top 10 list. I'm either a good talent evaluator, or I'm headed for last place here.    :lol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009 - 11:33:35 AM »
What I find interesting is I was able to draft 3 guys in my top 10 list. I'm either a good talent evaluator, or I'm headed for last place here.    :lol:

Your a real Snake

What helped you was 1st round you had 1st pic, and 2nd and 3rd you had back to back pics, that is the snake LOL

You have a good Team, its how you play it, to get to first