Author Topic: Cuda-Challenger Fantasy Football  (Read 19292 times)

Offline CrazyPete

Re: Cuda-Challenger Fantasy Football
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009 - 01:29:41 PM »
it'll be fun i love this stuff and btw I WILL BE SMACK TALKING from week to week just a lil fyi  :droolingbounce:

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A      http://heartlandmopars.com
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe
1976 Dodge Dart Sport
"Is that an oil leak?  No it's just sweat from all that HORSEPOWER"

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009 - 02:40:55 PM »

One thing I'm hoping happens with this league is that everyone stays engaged through the entire season, even if your team doesn't do well.  In EVERY public league I've ever been a part of, there are players who draft in at the start of the season and then don't play their team - they don't adjust their rosters, they leave injured players on the starting roster and they don't respond to trade offers.  It's very annoying to have a league with 12 players and only have 8 or 9 actively engaged in managing their teams.

If this does happen, We will make the changes to their roster to keep fair play, using the Yahoo Defaults for that week, for that team, as stated in the Rules. For Trades, We have no control over that execpt to review the pending trade for approval.
1973 Dodge Challenger, Warren Michigan.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009 - 03:11:14 PM »
If this does happen, We will make the changes to their roster to keep fair play, using the Yahoo Defaults for that week, for that team, as stated in the Rules. For Trades, We have no control over that execpt to review the pending trade for approval.

Bob, that's cool that you can go in and change the roster.  What always gripes my @$$ is when a manager leaves players who are out for the season on the roster and makes no effort whatsoever to manage their team. 

For example, in my current baseball league, one guy currently has SIX players on his roster who are on the DL or not available (Ben Sheets, out for the year rehabbing from elbow surgery.)  He's in 11th place only because he has some very good players (Miguel Cabrera, Michael Young, Hank Blalock, Jacob Ellsbury, David Ortiz) and the 12th place player is apparently clueless about what s/he's doing.  In addition, the guy has Ryan Zimmerman, Matt Kemp and Roy Halladay sitting on the bench - ALL FREAKIN' SEASON!!! :swear:  Some months ago, I could see that he wasn't playing, so I tried to initiate a trade, quality players for quality players - no response, no roster movement.   :pullinghair:

Hopefully, that doesn't happen here.  I can understand if someone forgets the deadline one week or something, but I'm hopeful that because everyone in this league is also a member here, everyone keeps up with their team.  It should make the entire experience very competitive and also enjoyable.  Especially if Brees, LT and Gates allow me to beat up on MEK and the rest of ya'll.  (Please, no injuries; please, no injuries...  :angelwings:)
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009 - 05:40:38 PM »
I do like that Yahoo automatically sets the starting lineup, but Jeez... When you look at what team each guy is going up against in real life, it gets a bit harder trying to decide if you should pull someone off your bench or not.    :pullinghair:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline kmyles

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009 - 06:29:51 PM »
I dropped one and added one!  Let the good times roll!! (God please help me out on this one!!! :22yikes:)
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009 - 09:54:18 AM »
I see a few add/drops going on, guess we are getting ready.

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2009 - 12:38:04 PM »
I do like that Yahoo automatically sets the starting lineup, but Jeez... When you look at what team each guy is going up against in real life, it gets a bit harder trying to decide if you should pull someone off your bench or not.    :pullinghair:

MEK, I just realized I get to play the  :newbie: the first week, I'll need to take you down, no way can I be the first team to give you a "W"

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2009 - 12:47:46 PM »
I noticed some Teams have not set a Team Logo, if you go to the yahoo page, in the toolbar/ my team/ edit team settings/ you can choose a default helment logo, create a avatar, or a image. You dont need to do this, just a thought, maybe some of you did not know about this option.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2009 - 06:24:28 PM »
BIG question,

I just found out I have a player on my roster suspended 4 weeks for using a banned substance. Can I place him on IR and claim another??

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2009 - 06:28:19 PM »
MEK, I just realized I get to play the  :newbie: the first week, I'll need to take you down, no way can I be the first team to give you a "W"

...Oh, I need to be the first to take the almighty commish down.   :lol:

Hey, Chad Ocho-Stinko?? That was a ballsy move on your part.   :grinyes:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2009 - 06:49:33 PM »
BIG question,

I just found out I have a player on my roster suspended 4 weeks for using a banned substance. Can I place him on IR and claim another??

Mike

Mike, this would not be considered for IR, it is only for a player who is hurt, not someone who abuses the system. Best you can do is keep him on your bench until he returns, or drop him, and take a chance he will be available in 4 weeks. I would suggest you keep him on the bench.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2009 - 06:58:51 PM »
I just checked your roster and looked for news of a player being suspended and found nothing about any suspensions for this season.  Who is supposed to be suspended and where did you hear this? 

Should it happen that you got info across the Clueless Clunker high-speed sports wire that the rest of the Internet knows nothing about... :poopoke: If he has the red cross next to his name, you can place him on IR.  Otherwise, replace him with someone from your bench or drop him and pick up another player.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009 - 07:23:53 PM »
I just checked your roster and looked for news of a player being suspended and found nothing about any suspensions for this season.  Who is supposed to be suspended and where did you hear this? 

Should it happen that you got info across the Clueless Clunker high-speed sports wire that the rest of the Internet knows nothing about... :poopoke: If he has the red cross next to his name, you can place him on IR.  Otherwise, replace him with someone from your bench or drop him and pick up another player.

if a player is not injured, but is healthy, he cannot go on IR because he is using drugs and was suspended

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2009 - 07:26:25 PM »
OK, here's the deal...

That stupid arse kicker I have from the Saints was getting dropped like a sack of potatoes from other leagues as Yahoo informed me. I didn't see where his stats were that bad, but then I checked on a website for the Saints, and dated August 25th, this guy was supposed to be suspended for the first 4 games of this season.   :22yikes:

OK, so the Clueless Clunkers are already hitting the juice. Look out you guys!!    :stirpot:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009 - 07:38:03 PM »
I noticed some Teams have not set a Team Logo, if you go to the yahoo page, in the toolbar/ my team/ edit team settings/ you can choose a default helment logo, create a avatar, or a image. You dont need to do this, just a thought, maybe some of you did not know about this option.

Bob,

I have spent about an hour on this.   :banghead:   :banghead:   :banghead:

I have a helmet. Everytime I go to the site where you make it up, it is there. I saved it. I said it was for Fantasy Football. How the h@ll do I get it to represent my team??   :banghead: I see no import option or anything.   :banghead:

Can you guess why I'm the Clueless Clunkers??

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD