Author Topic: Cuda-Challenger Fantasy Football  (Read 19275 times)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Cuda-Challenger Fantasy Football
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2009 - 11:41:00 AM »
Don't get me started on kickers. The first one I got from Yahoo is suspended for using an illegal substance.   :P  So I dumped him and started his back-up. That guy missed his only field goal attempt, so I dumped him too. The guy I picked up last week missed both his field goals. Do you see a conspiracy against me??   :pullinghair:

I think it will get interesting when the NFL bye weeks start coming up. I just hope I'm playing Scott the week he has to start Brett Favre.   :stirpot:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2009 - 11:48:11 AM »
Favre will probably light you up, have the best game of his life.

I don't think that Manning won't play, I can't remember the last time he sat out .

I about dropped my defense yesterday, but just couldn't do it yet. The problem is that it has only been 2 games and I don't think you can base a decision based on the 2 teams you played so far.

I got a kicker I can trade you mike.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2009 - 05:19:23 PM »
To continue with the idea that we shouldn't base decisions on just 2 games... I wonder how Yahoo makes up their projected points. If they are based on the first two games this year, then the Yahoo predictions won't mean much until we play a few more games.    :dunno:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2009 - 06:43:23 PM »
I think the commish can answer that question.  I would think it would have to be basedon opponent

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2009 - 06:54:29 PM »
Yahoo Sports offers different options in their drop down menu, they give a 2009 season projection, that game weeks projections, next 4 weeks projection etc.........
1973 Dodge Challenger, Warren Michigan.

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2009 - 11:12:21 AM »
my team was terribel this weekend.  Peyton almost brought me back to make it close, but Tony G. and my Santonio Holmes 1.60 WTF!

Oh well congrats to Garrett007 for wining our match

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2009 - 12:00:08 PM »
Scott,

How's that Favre draft pick looking now?   :naughty:

My game won't be decided until after tonight. I don't know how you guys that belong to multiple leagues do it. I pretty much need to be taking sedatives while the games are on.   :hyper:

It also bugs me to see a guy on my bench outplay one of my starters.   :pullinghair:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2009 - 12:07:50 PM »
Peyton still outplayed Favre, shoot he had 30 points by himself.

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2009 - 12:46:41 PM »
tI'm in 4 leagues, and it is tuff. My 4th league is set up different, I had 150.5 points last week and still got beat by 167 points, this week i'm going down again, 0-3.

Peyton, man, I just made a trade last week in my work league, traded Chris Johnson straight up, I too waiting for tonights game, I have a #1/2 TE going against a #3 RB, I'm up 9 points right now.

Our league I won this week, up to 2-1

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2009 - 03:06:25 PM »
Scott,

How's that Favre draft pick looking now?   :naughty:

My game won't be decided until after tonight. I don't know how you guys that belong to multiple leagues do it. I pretty much need to be taking sedatives while the games are on.   :hyper:

It also bugs me to see a guy on my bench outplay one of my starters.   :pullinghair:

Mike - it's a game!!!   :bigsmile:  :poopoke:  :roflsmiley:  Go for a run or a drive or something.  :swaying:

I'm with you about the bench guys outplaying the starters.  Who woulda thought Jason Campbell LOSING to the LIONS   :faint: would have a better game than Drew Brees beating Buffalo.  And on top of that, Pierre Thomas was Probable for that game, so I sat him and the dude scores 24 points!!

Well, now we all have at least one loss.  Just like I thought, very competitive.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2009 - 07:10:31 PM »
I need advice about the IR guys.

I have Wes Welker out the last two weeks. Mike Bell was out this week and probably longer. Then Kevin Smith gets hurt yesterday. My guys are falling like flies. I don't want to dump them, but what kind of evidence or whatever do I need to have them moved to IR so I can pick up someone else?

Mike   :clueless:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2009 - 09:05:20 PM »
I need advice about the IR guys.

I have Wes Welker out the last two weeks. Mike Bell was out this week and probably longer. Then Kevin Smith gets hurt yesterday. My guys are falling like flies. I don't want to dump them, but what kind of evidence or whatever do I need to have them moved to IR so I can pick up someone else?

Mike   :clueless:

Mike, this is not an easy one

I discussed this early before the season started.

Yahoo Sports does not offer a IR position unless you have a keeper League. I know, this was misleading, and I had several discussions with Yahoo to no prevail.
Yahoo Sports follows the NFL IR Rules, when a player is on IR, he is out for the season.

So where does this lead you? well, keep them benched and hope your backups carry you, or, worse case drop them, pick up some one om free agency, you could also offer a player in trade, maybe a owner will take in consideration their value down the road when their 100%. I faced this in another League with A. Gonzalez of IND, he got hurt the first game, well I dropped him for another player, so far it is working out, but I'm keeping my on him too.

Mike, write me if you need to discuss further

Offline garrett007

« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2009 - 10:53:40 PM »
yahoo...Thanks for the win Panthers...Peyton almost won it for you.  I just glad Culter decided to start playing before the game was over.   :bigsmile:
'68 Charger
'70 Challenger RT/SE (non-running)
'70 Challenger Deputy (non-running)
'1979 Macho W150
'96 Avenger - Gone
'05 Town & Country
'06 Charger R/T

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2009 - 04:29:27 PM »
I'm willing to trade Byron Leftwich for a flat tire. I didn't know it was possible to have a negative score.   :22yikes:   :eek2:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2009 - 07:33:45 PM »
you and me  week 5 Mikey!

I think I might play Farve just so he can beat you since you kept mocking him.  watchout the gunslinger is coming to town
 :poopoke: :poopoke: :poopoke:

you should draft the chiefs kicker, Ryan Succup, he has had a lot of practice since that is the only score the chiefs can get.