Author Topic: Other Hobbies.........  (Read 2924 times)

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
Other Hobbies.........
« on: August 23, 2009 - 03:45:41 PM »
Just interested in what we all do other than our cars......I do a little woodwork, like these Cheerwine benches, collect CocaCola stuff or any other old stuff and just a jack of all trades and master on none..........And the hat is a gift ...............

Added a few more Coke pics.........I just had to find where I filed them.......
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009 - 10:34:06 PM by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER »
Dave or David

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
Re: Other Hobbies.........
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009 - 04:06:51 PM »
sketched some when younger
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009 - 04:22:14 PM »
I collect old wooden ships, practice flying my rc helicopter,  play guitar, collect old aluminum, assemble computers,and go to flea markets with my wife

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009 - 04:33:31 PM »
I like to do woodworking projects, I like to do home remodeling, and I have a few collectables such as Coke stuff and bald eagle plates and figurenes.............and I monthly collect a couple retirement checks and weekly a few empty brown bottles.   :cheers:  :roflsmiley:  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009 - 05:14:54 PM »
I have a few but, our main fun is collecting art glass.
 :canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline EDGEFIND

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009 - 06:07:59 PM »
I collect lots of stuff that I don't need. I grew up in a home where my parents collected all kinds of antique items, especially things from their childhood, so it carried on to me. I collect stuff like action figures, die cast cars and comic books. It's a fun hobby but can get expensive. If I had just saved the money and put it toward one of my cars I'd have something to drive today.

When I was younger, I'd buy up pottery pieces like Roseville, McCoy, Shawnee, etc. from flea markets and such and send it all to my grandparents in Hawaii and they'd sell it for a huge profit. It's how they made a living at the time and I got a piece of the profits so rummaging around looking for deals has always been my thing. I'd rather pay $1 for a beat up action figure and fix it up than $10 for a pristine one. I'm cheap that way. The hunt is 90% of the fun.
-Jay, J.J., James, Jimmy Joe...I answer to all of them.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009 - 06:45:29 PM »
Between Getting married and still looking for parts for my car have not been able to do much in such as a hobbie.  Not complaining for sure.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline priderocks

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009 - 06:52:05 PM »
I am a rock collector. I collect petrified wood, fossils, dino bones, rare rocks. Each summer I spend about 6-7 weeks in Montana (just outside the northeast entrance of Yellowstone) in a little place called Cooke City where I sell off my excess stuff to tourists entering/leaving the park to help pay for my extended vacation.

My moniker, pride-rocks (same name I have on ebay)  is from my kids favorite movie when growing up, The Lion King. Pride Rock was where they hung out (the lions, not my kids). Pride-rocks was a feeble attempt to come up with a name for our rock business, which we never used, but it stuck anyway.

Mike

Offline sprecks

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009 - 07:09:07 PM »
I like to do custom painting with my air brush.  I've been painting helmets, motorcycles and mail boxes for some of my friends.  Me and the wife like to hit antique stores and flea markets when we're on the road.  I collect antique toy cars and trucks and she collects occupied Japan stuff. 
you can call me Jay
I've seen sicker dogs get well.

1971 Challenger Vert - 472 Hemi EFI
1969 Road Runner 440/Auto
2017 Ram Laramie 1500 - Hemi

wagesofsin

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009 - 07:40:21 PM »
i too collect all sorts of stuff.

action figures, models, die cast cars, car parts, antiques, old tin signs, stoplights, you name it, if its cool or eclectic, i got it.

im the guy who goes to the supermarket and sees the sandwich shaped box, and buys it, i even have a twinkie carrier!!
i guess im one of those dopes that revels in the old days, when we didnt have rap, folks wore their pants waist level or higher, and you could make out lyrics in songs, movies had actual plots, and maybe even a usefull message embedded, and you knew the good guy would eventually win.

and david, those benches are awesome!!!!!!!!!

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009 - 07:48:50 PM »
I play guitar /guitar synth and do some sampling with two bands, one full time two/four times a month>
www.thefilthymicks.com

And my old band when they need me and I'm available. Just did two dates with them in July.
www.LTSrocks.com
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009 - 09:01:12 PM »
I'm just an avid bowhunter, dabble in leatherwork, fiddle around with winemaking ( one of those benches would be cool to go with my wine) and a big spendthrift with my cuda.  By the way Dave, is that you on the right or left? :smokin:
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009 - 07:13:04 AM »
I guess I must be on the right.......Still breathing............and If I had his money then I would have a new Challenger too........and a few other things that the wife would want....... :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Dave or David

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009 - 11:14:05 AM »
Wow some cool stuff.  I'm kinda boring I guess . . . I play guitar and I'm self taught, I love water sports but getting to old for that . . . winter time I play pool and bowl.  Pretty good at both.   :bigsmile:

Here's me on a skinny stick going about 40MPH a few years back.

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009 - 08:34:33 PM »
I think I have more hobbies than I have time...I'm pretty much a posterchild for A.D.D....

Here's the stuff in the creative side:
I love to cook- It's my other creative outlet.
I used to love to paint, I love to draw, I love photography, and I dig ceramics.
My gears are always turning...

The stuff I like to collect:
I collect all sorts of streamlined 20th century items - Old Vacuums, Staplers, old tools, old cameras...
I just wish I had more time and money to collect from the industrial age.
I also collect Art, Die cast cars, Automobilia, Some action figures, Old school BMX & Freestlyle Bikes.

Whenever I see something that I really desire, it takes a lot of willpower for me to resist. Sounds familiar? :bigsmile:

I do collect diamonds for the wife, who is really great about putting up with my crazy ideas & habits..

Dan
One E body saved, 7 years and counting.