Author Topic: anyone speak french  (Read 629 times)

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

anyone speak french
« on: August 23, 2009 - 05:39:15 PM »
I met a 15 year old kid from france on my facebook account and the dodge challenger is his dream car. He speaks very little english and i can barely understand him but i was telling him about this site and he seemed very interested in it, and i was wondering if he joined if there was anyone here that would be interested in helping with translating so we could understand him and he could understand us. Like i said he does speak a little english but it isnt very good. I know we have a decent amount of members on here from europe and im sure someone here knows french. If anyone is interested just let me know.
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
Re: anyone speak french
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009 - 11:37:46 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't speak french, but maybe google translate can be helpful to begin with?  http://translate.google.com/#

It has been helpful for me when communicating with an italian.
Worth a shot?
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009 - 11:43:00 PM »
My office professional programs translates hundres of different languages for me. Ask him if the computer he uses has that. He should be able to type in french and it shows up english

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009 - 12:22:37 AM »
Ive been using freetranslation.com to translate things he sends to me but its still really hard to understand
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009 - 12:32:31 AM »
Send him this link;

http://www.mopar-owners-club.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=89&Itemid=54

He can find folks with the same intrests that already speak the language in his own country that way.

Merci!

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009 - 08:00:39 AM »
The translator programs can be very difficult to use, but will give the main gist of what they are trying to say.  I've used several German ones for my wife, and they take every word in the literal context, so some of the stuff makes no sense.  You can get some pretty funny translations, though, when the words don't match up.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009 - 08:41:32 AM »
To most of us any foeign language is hard to understand. And it isn't just the accent, the sentence structure and verbage and noun/pronoun etc. is the biggest barrier I would think. It is hard enough understanding an "Englishman"   :roflsmiley: And when your a "redneck hillbilly" like me, yous in trouble Willis. Wasn't the new owner of Jasons car from France? Maybe he can help out this young guy.  :2thumbs:  At any rate he sure is welcome here, even I can understand pics, cars and french ladies are fine by me.  :smilielol:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009 - 09:51:46 PM »
To most of us any foeign language is hard to understand. And it isn't just the accent, the sentence structure and verbage and noun/pronoun etc. is the biggest barrier I would think. It is hard enough understanding an "Englishman"   :roflsmiley: And when your a "redneck hillbilly" like me, yous in trouble Willis. Wasn't the new owner of Jasons car from France? Maybe he can help out this young guy.  :2thumbs:  At any rate he sure is welcome here, even I can understand pics, cars and french ladies are fine by me.  :smilielol:
:iagree:  :lol:
Chris, Ohio

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009 - 11:56:52 PM »
they try to force canadiuns to learn it , , I skipped class couldn`t be bothered to learn it

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t