Author Topic: looking for a dead repro or original group 24 battery  (Read 625 times)

Offline resq302

looking for a dead repro or original group 24 battery
« on: August 24, 2009 - 03:25:31 AM »
I am looking for a repro or original Mopar battery that is a Group 24 for a project that I am doing for my garage.  I am fixing my garage up with some cool amenaties that every guy should have with them.  My coffee maker is hidden by an old Castrol 5 gal oil metal pail that I cut in half to cover up the coffee maker when not in use.  I am now looking for a Group 24 battery (either original or repro) that is dead that I can gut and use to cover up my toaster.  My mini fridge is part of my tool box that looks just like another door for the tools.  I will gladly pay for this piece.  Can anyone help me with this quest?

Thanks,

Brian

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
Re: looking for a dead repro or original group 24 battery
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009 - 06:57:40 PM »
very neat and very expensive.  they are oem looking but maintainence free.  200-250 bucks. http://restorationbattery.com/chryslerproducts.html

Offline resq302

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009 - 03:30:45 PM »
Thanks Alphabuck, but I do not want a new one.  I am looking for a dead one that I can gut and cover my toaster with.  I currently have a sealed Group 27 red cap in my 69 charger.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009 - 03:48:48 PM »
  I am looking for a dead one that I can gut and cover my toaster with. 

People like you shouldn't give me ideas.   :grinno:

I LOVE the idea.   :2thumbs:  If you just have a 2 slice toaster, it should fit easily.

Now where can I get a battery?   :naughty:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009 - 03:54:33 PM »
Call the company and see if they will sell you a case - explain what you want to do. When I worked parts, we had display batteries that were empty. Used to toss them at friends and watch em scramble out of the way. Much better that gutting a dead battery and dealing with the lead and acid.
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline resq302

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009 - 01:34:06 PM »
People like you shouldn't give me ideas.   :grinno:

I LOVE the idea.   :2thumbs:  If you just have a 2 slice toaster, it should fit easily.

Now where can I get a battery?   :naughty:

Hey!  No stealing my ideas.  Can I claim copy right infringement? :roflsmiley:

Call the company and see if they will sell you a case - explain what you want to do. When I worked parts, we had display batteries that were empty. Used to toss them at friends and watch em scramble out of the way. Much better that gutting a dead battery and dealing with the lead and acid.

I tried that route.  The companies would not go with that and even refused the idea.  Their suggestion was to buy one and gut it.  Honestly, I am not paying for a $200 toaster cover.  Maybe $50 for a dead battery that I could gut, but nothing over that.