Author Topic: Help me paint my car  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Chlngrcrzy

Help me paint my car
« on: August 26, 2009 - 12:22:47 AM »
Guys i am having a heck of a time deciding on what color to paint my car. Let me tell you where i am, and i figure i should be able to get some interets out of ya all, cause i know how much ya love to see painted cars. I need to choose soon because i want to get the interior and engine bay, door jambs done.
My car is a 73 challenger, and will get fitted with a 440 when finished, and i will probably go with white interior(if that makes any difference).

Colors i am considering are:
Blue; B7, Toyota spectra Blue, Bright Blue Poly
Oranges: Grabber Orange accented with black , Hemi orange
Greens: Sassy grass,
PLum Crazy with white interior and white stripes down the side?

Anyhow, let me know what you think.  :1zhelp:

Offline ashley_j

Re: Help me paint my car
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009 - 01:11:56 AM »
You could say that I am partial to Plum Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!
 :drool:     :bananasmi

Jeff
 :wavingflag:
2009 Dodge Charger 3.5 (Son's Ride)
2008 PT Cruiser Turbo (Mom's Hotrod)
2006 Grand Caravan SXT (you'd be surprised)
1973 Dodge Challenger (383ci w/425HP)

NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dixiedog

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009 - 02:52:03 PM »
The purple looks really good with the white interior.  I am in the same boat, not sure what color to paint mine (red or black).  I will also be at that stage pretty soon.  I saw a 70 chally with a 426 Hemi painted red with white interior and a white top, totally awesome.  In the end what ever color you choose out of those listed will be nice.   :smokin:

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009 - 03:03:03 PM »
Just pic the color you will be most satisfied with for the long run.   :bigsmile:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Fred

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009 - 04:20:59 PM »
I have original Torred and love it.

I like Plum Crazy lots.

Blue (not sure if it's B5 or B7) looks good with white int.

A brownish gold cuda (not sure of the color) would pass my house 15 times a day when I was a kid which makes me partial to that color.

Hope this helps a little.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009 - 04:36:45 PM »
I have had the Plum Crazy and the B5 Blue and also have had the Sublime green and now have the FY1 Barracuda.  They all look good to me. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009 - 04:44:05 PM »
blue or purple with a white interior  :clapping:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009 - 05:16:30 PM »
Sassy rules big time  :ylsuper:

soooo.....
I think that covers them all......    feeling better yet?  :icon16:   :smilielol:
*** Bart ***

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009 - 06:00:43 PM »
It's tough to answer this question without knowing if you are more partial to the original colors back then, or don't mine deviating like what is on my 70. With a white interior I love Plumb-crazy, but... whatever you choose has to be something that sits well with you. Do you want a hi-impact color, or something more toned down like B7 blue, which is awesome too? I know I didn't help much, but I'm just trying to give you food for thought so maybe we can help point you into some direction.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009 - 09:19:58 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys. It sure is tough. I like the high impact colors, but will probably deviate from them a bit. I like a deep solid color, no mettalic or pearl. If i go yellows or oranges i will probably go with the Black interior. But if i go with the blues or purples then white it is. I may deviate a bit from the Plum crazy, but it is high on my list. I do love that grabber orange though. It would look great with some black. There are a lot of blues out there, but it is probably my safest color to work with. :clueless:

Offline 1973chally

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009 - 09:36:49 PM »
I personally choose the color it was before (petty blue) in order to do less work. It was really just an upgrade to the original color. If I had a choise plum crazy is cool as hell. :clapping:

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009 - 08:54:57 PM »
Ok. here is the new B5 challenger. This color looks a bit different from the old B5 in my opinion. But this is what i am leaning towards. I supose it would be easy enough to get the paint code from a dealership, but i wonder if a paint store will have this code yet.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009 - 09:00:24 PM »
It looks a little lighter in color to me  :2cents:  Not sure I might have been thinking of B7 or something like that I know the one I had in the 70's was darker for b5.   :2cents:  But that looks good.   :bigsmile:

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Skeletoil

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009 - 11:40:26 PM »
Charcoal Grey with black hood and stripes.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009 - 11:55:33 PM »
A lot of the colors you are mulling over are metallic. It is definitely hard to pick a color. Are there many Mopars where you are? Sometimes the lack of a cool Mopar color can make the choice easier, for instance if in your town there are no Plum Crazy cars or FJ6. I personally love the blues but actually decided to paint my car the original color because there are not many around. What was the cars color originally? I love a white interior like you also and was lucky enough that my car was white originally, so it will be again. Have  you looked at cars with colors that you like to get a better feel for them?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*