Author Topic: Computer Problems  (Read 363 times)

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Computer Problems
« on: August 26, 2009 - 03:55:10 PM »
I have been trying to get my work computer going for over a week now.  I worked most of the day yesterday on getting it going and almost all of today.  But now it works like it should be and have more features also....... :woo:   :woohoo:   :2thumbs:   :bigsmile:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
Re: Computer Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009 - 07:19:51 PM »
Well done! Hope you wont have to do it again for a while now!  :ylsuper:

I have to reinstall the operative system on my computers from time to time, and it's a chore every time. One of these days I have to remember to buy Norton Ghost (Basically, I can copy a fresh install with it, and when it turns sour later on, I can just overwrite it with the copy of the fresh install and just do the updates since the copy was made).

Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: Computer Problems
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009 - 07:25:14 PM »
The problem I was having was with the company I work for and my user id and password and there was a few other things I had to do to it also.  I had 5 or 6 people working on the problem.  They activated the wrong user id and that it was close to mine,  It was a friend of mine when I was over in Iraq.  It always messed me up because it was so close to my id.  He does not work for our company anymore and They finally got mine corrected and then there tech had to go into my computer and find and fix the problem,  That was the 4th time they did that but it finally works.   :bigsmile:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon