Author Topic: Finally some sense in Washigton on Health Care  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
Re: Finally some sense in Washigton on Health Care
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009 - 11:53:41 PM »
I know we have a lot of members here who already have gov't run healthcare, mind sharing with us what you think of your systems?  I'd like to see what I'm in for.

P.G.

I'm relatively happy with our gov't run health care in Norway. Also very happy to not have to pay a considerate amount of my income to a private insurance company where the bottom line is profit for the shareholders.
From what I've read about your system, it seems like there's some cases of people paying for insurance are denied services. Here's an example: http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE57C40C20090813

We have access to private clinics as well, and in some cases the state may pay for treatment at private clinics. Same if one's got a job with additional (to the public) health care, the private clinics are ready to recieve, with the workplace paying.
After all, in the long run, it benefits the workplace to have their workers at work.

Sure, the state might not be as streamlined as a private corporation, but then again, the private corporation are running a business, not a charity, and as such, I'd expect to be b**tf***ed for the benefit of shareholders if my only health care were from a private insurance company..
I think that the profit for shareholders thing is a certain disadvantage for me as a middle class worker compared to the possible gov't inefficiency. Sure, there's plenty room for improvements, but apart from the looks of Challenger's and 'Cuda's, what haven't got room for improvements?
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline BP23G0B

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009 - 12:55:33 AM »
That would be part of the problem that has infected this country.
People who get the news from a comedy show and think its really news.

I get my news from credible organizations; pacifica and FAIR included.  I place the least amount of credibility on corporate sponsored sources like MSNBC, CNN, and FOX. 

People watch FauxNews and think they're getting real news. :banghead:

You are correct.  The daily show isn't news, but I think Glenn Beck is a hypocrite.  It's OK to change your mind, but to praise an entity which he found out first hand was crap (and whined about on-air) is just plain weak.  If he isn't true to himself, then how can I trust him?
Look, a couple weeks ago I watched his show and he had an hour devoted to "the end of small business".  One of his poor, downtrodden guests was the CEO of overstock.com.  WTF?  Really?  How many local stores do you think online shops, like overstock, have put out of business? It was a sham.  Honestly, I'd really like to know if overstock paid for that spot and if orders spiked the next day as a result of that segment.  Can anyone tell me if overstock advertises on FOX?  It boggles my mind that we as a nation search the web for the best deal on stuff that, that in the end, is a bunch of chinese junk.  Some people bag on those that purchase import vehicles, but have those people ever really examined the labels on their own clothes?

Sure, the state might not be as streamlined as a private corporation, but then again, the private corporation are running a business, not a charity, and as such, I'd expect to be b**tf***ed for the benefit of shareholders if my only health care were from a private insurance company.

Well said. 
'70 Barracuda Gran Coupe
'14 Ram 1500 Express Black Edition

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009 - 02:07:20 AM »
Bottom line is you can't compare America with Norway or England or any other country. They don't have Millions of illegals that will be dumped into the system. If you think that won't change the quality of health care here, you're kidding yourself.

As for News everyone is free to get theirs from whatever source they choose, wheather it be a Comedy Central show, one that thinks illegals shouldn't have to show any documentation at all proving their legality when they are stopped by the Police or the top rated show on Cable news for 8 straight years.   :2thumbs:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline ashley_j

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009 - 02:35:28 AM »
The point that most are missing is that the free market system is what drives innovation. Why do you think all the govt controlled systems in the world come to the US pharma for the best medicines. Their systems can't support the care and research. Their are some medicines available from outside the US but buyer beware.  :)

I have been a diabetic since I was 10 and I have never had insurance. I have worked with doctors and hospitals for all my needs. I have negotiated and made payment plans for all my needs for 30+ years. That is part of the problem and the reason prices continue to rise in the US. Most people have no idea what the service/product cost in healthcare. They pay their deductible and think thats it. I realize this is a simplified explanation and that thier are other factors ie Tort Reform but if we took a closer look at the cost of our healthcare as we are getting it maybe the cost could at least be contained. Shop around. I pay cash and give the doctor a reason to cut me a deal (cut the insurance company for small procedures).

One last thing concerning the news. I will not watch a channel that calls honest descent or disagreement with the govt racist ie CNN, PMSNBC or the small 3.

:villagers:                    :villagers:                       :villagers:

Jeff
 :wavingflag:
2009 Dodge Charger 3.5 (Son's Ride)
2008 PT Cruiser Turbo (Mom's Hotrod)
2006 Grand Caravan SXT (you'd be surprised)
1973 Dodge Challenger (383ci w/425HP)

NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!