Finally some sense in Washigton on Health Care

Author Topic: Finally some sense in Washigton on Health Care  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
Finally some sense in Washigton on Health Care
« on: August 27, 2009 - 06:48:27 PM »
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: Finally some sense in Washigton on Health Care
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009 - 07:27:45 PM »
I watched his statement and he did a bang-up job explaining it in less than 4 minutes!! The democrats are afraid to do the town-hall meetings now because most folks are wising up to this train wreck about to happen. About 85% of americans have insurance. So to help the 15% that don't we are going to punish the 85% who do!! Now that's smart!! NOT :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline TripleT

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009 - 12:30:33 PM »
And that's not to say that the insurance company's hold on the system as it is now doesn't need some overhaulin', but folks, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater and give this to the Federal Government!  As Mike said in the clip, that's not how we got here.
-Tim

1970 Plymouth Barracuda    2000 Dodge Ram 2500

Offline shatar4

• 71 Challenger
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009 - 01:03:47 PM »
That's right. We got here thanks to health care lobbyists! We should have a law against them because we voted politicians in for their veiws, not who gives them the most money or gifts!
1971 Triple black 340 Challenger

Offline grimmey71

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009 - 02:17:19 PM »
it was good to here some one talking about the greatness that is America for once instead our polititions bashing and appologizing for Our country.

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009 - 04:47:11 PM »
That's right. We got here thanks to health care lobbyists! We should have a law against them because we voted politicians in for their veiws, not who gives them the most money or gifts!

Hear, hear!!

$1.5 MILLION is spent daily on medical-related lobbying. Imagine what that money would do if it were spent HELPING sick folks.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009 - 04:49:40 PM by quapman »
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009 - 06:22:30 AM »
Finally!  A pro-America politician.  You don't see that anymore.  As one who will get forced on to the gov't plan if this crap goes through, I'm seriously PO'd.  I have a hard enough time paying for my own insurance, let alone for someone else who's leaching off the system already. 

I know we have a lot of members here who already have gov't run healthcare, mind sharing with us what you think of your systems?  I'd like to see what I'm in for.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009 - 01:27:52 PM »
One of the few newscasters I see on TV who really seems to talk some sense is ABC's John Stossel.  He had an interesting piece on 20/20 last night about the health care debate that is summarized in this column from his website:
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=3580676&page=1
I have followed this issue for years and have agreed that the system is flawed and something must be done, especially to control the rapidly rising costs, but I sure haven't seen many proposals (especially the latest ones!!) that seem to be the answer.
But I sure so think Stossel is on the right track here, to control costs, we must find a way to make patients shop for best values in their health care.  He compared our present system to a food shopping system where your groceries were all paid for by someone else.  We'd all go to the store and buy steaks and other items without regard to the cost.  The cost of our nations food needs would skyrocket because there would be no incentive to shop for value.
To get some sense of order to our system, perhaps the best way to do things would be to make our insurance more of a "catastrophic" type coverage, in other words, something with a high deductible like $5000.  Then people could have health savings accounts to use for routine type medical care.  Perhaps at the end of the year money left in health savings accounts could be refunded, or put in your retirement IRA, something beneficial to people to encourage them to shop around for health care and try to manage the costs?

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009 - 01:57:53 PM »
Obama should worry about what's going on with the economy and the war in Afganistan instead of trying to ram something through the majority doesn't want. If he does he will throw a bunch of Democrats under the bus in the next election, lose his majority and end up being a lame duck one term President.  :grinyes: 
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009 - 04:16:02 PM »
SOLD

Offline BP23G0B

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009 - 10:10:54 PM »
That's 4 minutes I'll never get back. 
He says in the article,
"First you decide that the doctor can have so many patients. They are equally divided among the various doctors by the government. But then the doctors aren’t equally divided geographically, so a doctor decides he wants to practice in one town and the government has to say to him you can’t live in that town, they already have enough doctors. You have to go someplace else. And from here it is only a short step to dictating where he will go."

So where did he get this info?  I haven't seen anything about the gov't telling doctors where they can practice. 

Now this is well worth the 4 minutes,.. :popcorn:
Beck's operation

'70 Barracuda Gran Coupe
'14 Ram 1500 Express Black Edition

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009 - 10:22:56 PM »
That would be part of the problem that has infected this country.
People who get the news from a comedy show and think its really news.
SOLD

Offline farmertan

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009 - 10:53:36 PM »
Just watched the rodgers clip and a bunch more from him, I had givin up hope of there being any real men in washington but now maybe theres a chance for this country. He should replace our governeress and bring this state back around.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009 - 11:46:43 PM »
More hot air from the Repuglicans who haven't done squat for healthcare in the last 100 years.

Same Right-wing jobs who didn't want Social Security, so that Grandma would starve in the streets.

Same Right-wing jobs who didn't want Medicare, so that Grandma would die w/o a doctor.

Y'all think the multi-millionaire CEO insurance oligarchs has our best interests?

I went into the emergency room for a cut on my thumb.  Two stiches.  MY OUT OF POCKET COSTS?  $900.  AND I HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE!

What a crock.

If you don't like government healthcare, then lobby to get rid of Medicare for Seniors and the VA.  If they're doing such a bad job, then let private insurance cover old farts and our veterans. :stirpot:
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009 - 11:49:17 PM »
That would be part of the problem that has infected this country.
People who get the news from a comedy show and think its really news.

People watch FauxNews and think they're getting real news. :banghead:
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO