Author Topic: USPS  (Read 2736 times)

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
USPS
« on: August 27, 2009 - 11:22:27 PM »
Also known as the US Mail. My order from RT Spec from 3 weeks ago is who knows where.  :swear:  Nobodys perfect but at least w FEDEX I can track things.   :banghead: I'd really like to get this project done!  :stomp:

Pardon my rant...
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline ashley_j

Re: USPS
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009 - 11:27:22 PM »
And this is the same group of ORGANIZERS we want to run health care???  :screwy:

:pullinghair:      :banghead:         :swear:

Jeff
 :wavingflag:
2009 Dodge Charger 3.5 (Son's Ride)
2008 PT Cruiser Turbo (Mom's Hotrod)
2006 Grand Caravan SXT (you'd be surprised)
1973 Dodge Challenger (383ci w/425HP)

NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009 - 11:31:10 PM »
Fed Ex sucks here. I have had stuff left at the vacant house next to me, no signature, no phone call no nothing. They told me it had been delivered. It sat in the rain for three days before I noticed a package sitting on the porch of the vacant house next to me.

Fed Ex sucks here.

Oh wait, I already said that.  :bigsmile:

USPS is slow at times, but I have never, ever had a serious problem with them.

UPS sucks too.  :bigsmile:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009 - 11:39:02 PM »
Im sending tags to you by usps

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009 - 11:40:37 PM »
Fed ex and ups puts my stuff in my unlocked vehicle when im not home,good route drivers and likes my cars, but dhl  guys cause me a pain

Offline 1ownr

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009 - 11:47:19 PM »
Tracking is great especially when they deliver the package to the wrong zip code and notation is "left at the front door". My father sent some pics to my sister in FL by UPS. Tracking said it got delivered in FL, but my sister did not get it. Well UPS tried to find the missing package, but ended up issuing a claim #. Yesterday the missing" package shows up by USPS. It was returned to my father from someone in PA who happens to have the same last name as my sister. So off it goes again today... let's see if it makes it this time.
 :grinyes:

judy

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009 - 11:51:03 PM »
I used to use UPS... broke 3 things in 2 weeks... one of which was a cast iron exhaust manifold...  :eek7: The the rep tells me its cause I used recycled packing materials... I said he11 lady I'm in the recycling business.Your done!

Another thing is my wife has lab tests (medical) that need to get sent to Wa, 2, 3 days most its there!   :grinyes:
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009 - 12:11:41 AM »
UPS is known to kick and drag boxes to the delivery address.  They damaged a $500 dash and I had to fight to get insurance reimbursment  :grinno:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009 - 12:38:39 AM »
UPS is still the most reliable form of shipping IMO. Used to use FedEx in the machine shop where I worked and they were a NIGHTMARE. I shipped 20 boxes to PA from NJ and 5 of them were totally lost and the others were returned all busted up with parts missing. They wouldn't even refund the shipping costs. With car parts you HAVE to have adequate packaging if you don't want damage.  I'd never put a NOS '71 Cuda grille in a 1/8" thick cardboard box and expect it not to get damaged.  :grinno:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009 - 01:10:19 AM »
I will never use UPS for anything , the sooner they go out of business the better , they tryed to charge me $75 import fees on a $45 part , I told them to keep the part.
 Never had an issue with canaduh or US post 

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009 - 02:08:00 AM »
Also known as the US Mail. My order from RT Spec from 3 weeks ago is who knows where.  :swear:  Nobodys perfect but at least w FEDEX I can track things.   :banghead: I'd really like to get this project done!  :stomp:

Pardon my rant...

Have you contacted TR Spec to confirm they sent it out?  Have you contacted your local post office and told them of your missing order?  Seems to me that the company you ordered from should have a handle on this.

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?session={9fdfa600-9398-11de-759c-000000000000}&event=1&view()=c%7B9212d4d0-5517-11de-45b0-000000000000%7D&objectId=&eksObjectId=&objectType=Case&isJumpEnabled=false&isContentJumpEnabled=false&vendorKey=&objTitle=&versionId=2402&searchProperties=type:natural&naturalAdvance=false&allStr=&phraseStr=&anyStr=&noneStr=&keywordStr=&tTitle=&topicFromSub=&topicsORSubUrl=&report(0000)=p{0a7a8f70-6974-11dd-e6c4-000000000000}&bcobjectId={409592d0-6974-11dd-e6c4-000000000000}&search=track%20and%20confirm&topicAndSubtopic=Business$ALL

Whom do I contact if I have not received a specific item?

If you have a tracking number for your item and would like assistance, please contact our Track and Confirm customer service at 1-800-222-1811.

A claim for a lost item must be filed by the mailer. If you believe you have not received a specific item in the mail, contact the mailer of the item to track the item or to file a claim.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009 - 02:10:23 AM by hooD »
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009 - 02:43:27 AM »
What r u missing, as maybe i can help :bigsmile:

Offline tx9aarcuda

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009 - 05:08:07 AM »
I have had nothing but good luck with UPS and USPS, I would never use FED X I work with a guy who worked for them in Memphis and the stories he tells about how the people would try to break packages or just steal them would amaze you. He said they had 2 or 3 people had fell asleep in the containers and would end up where ever that container went, some over seas. If you send something overnight with USPS they use FED X
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009 - 11:10:04 AM by tx9aarcuda »
Greg
68 Coronet R/T Convertible 4 spd
70 AAR Auto
97 Ram 1500

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009 - 05:31:06 AM »
I still hate fed ex for breaking my original gull wing on me,sat in a guys attic for over 20 years and within 3 days broke it.The driver wanted me to let him turn it in and they would replace it,I told him you guys are just gonna send me a repop and not an original,he couldn't figure that one out.I of course fixed it.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009 - 08:36:55 AM »
I see we all have our HORROR stories. But MY experience is actually for the BEST service is SPEE-DEE Delivery. But they are a regional carrier only  Wi,Mn, Ia and a little more.  But I will say I've learned allot in 25 years of shipping parts............ packaging is 75% of most problems . (ya an NOS Cuda grill, wooden crate would be my way!!) This also applies to LTL! A crappy route driver  5%  warehouse people  that dont give a crap 20%. But at least w FED (UPS) also. the packege gets scanned at every stop point. USPS... when it leaves the initial post office... thats it. And only if you paid for that.

I've gotten other things from Tom, he sends priority mail. Cheap yes, but if you roll dice, you know sometimes you crap out. Of course I called him. Always a good guy to talk to has beeen my experience. He's gonna check into it.. priority mail... not much to check into, period!  Meanwhile its october here in Wisconsin, oops I mean August just feels like oct. And I'd really like NIKKI out on the streets before the snow flys!

Hemiorange, thanks for the offer but you have already donnated to thjis project! THANKS AGAIN!!!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009 - 08:47:07 AM by BIGSHCLUNK »
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]