Author Topic: USPS  (Read 2740 times)

Offline shatar4

• 71 Challenger
Re: USPS
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009 - 11:50:56 AM »
And this is the same group of ORGANIZERS we want to run health care???  :screwy:

:pullinghair:      :banghead:         :swear:

Jeff
 :wavingflag:

The Feds want to run health care. USPS is not part of the government unless the government wants more money.
1971 Triple black 340 Challenger

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009 - 03:29:50 PM »
YA biggs,we use speedy-delivery here were i work also and they are pretty good now that they have their tracking info up and running.years ago they didn't have this and it was a bear to find out where your package was.no problems now....  :thumbsup:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009 - 04:45:18 PM »
When I first started shipping a lot of auto parts, I set up a FedEx account. It was nice to be able to just drop my packages off at the depot, but nine times out of ten, I'd get back charged for some B.S. or other. If I called and *****ed, they'd reverse the extra charges, but who has time to do THAT once a month?

I ended up closing the account and just paying cash at the counter. They later got weird about "irregular packages" and "wrong tape". (I NEVER used duct tape!).

I now use USPS for items under 2lbs. and UPS with adequate insurance and signature confirmation for the bigger stuff. I bring the packages to work to be picked up. We get UPS deliveries almost every day.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009 - 10:27:49 PM »
I've had good luck with USPS both domestic and international shipping parts. We use USPS at work to send out over 15000 packages quarterly and have very few issues (I used to be responsible for the lost/returned packages). I guess I have been lucky, only times I've had an issue was when stuff was stolen off my porch. (parts of empty box left behind)
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline farmertan

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009 - 10:59:37 PM »
Do not use usps if theres a chance it might go through st paul, that terminal is a joke, sent two boxes of manuals only one made it, then they send all the tags off the box back to me but just cant find the manuals, if I had insurance then I bet they would have found them. Do a search on st paul usps and look at all the pages of complaints on that place. They also sell on ebay so without insurance you will never see your stuff again. It's a scam, get insurance on everything you ship or oops we lost it. UPS at least your covered for the first 100.00.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline priderocks

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009 - 03:15:30 PM »
I must be lucky. I have nearly 900 ebay transactions, mostly with UPS and USPS. I have NEVER had anything I sent by either carrier not arrive, and have never not received anything by either carrier that I purchased on ebay. I have received stuff from sellers that was poorly packaged and damaged, but none of that was carrier-caused.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009 - 07:20:46 PM »

USPS has been good to me, Slotts sends me stuff via USPS all the time, never had an issue. Only thing I dislike is the tracking is non existent. Outside the USA you get none. It just says where it last was. Sometimes it arrives to me, from the USA even though the "update" reads: "Picked up in PA" lol. I've only had one issue with USPS, that was a DVD I think, didn't show up for 2-3 weeks. Thought it was long gone as I paid for 6-10 days. Then it showed up. 4 months later lol. I put that down to a 1 off.

UPS are way too pricey and slack. Fed-Ex are real awesome. They cost but they deliver. 2 days from the USA to NZ is awesome, don't care where you stand, that's insane. DHL are OK as well. I don't really mind how I get things, just as long as I get them. I've said this from day one on this site and will say it again, you guys have it lucky in terms of buying parts for your rides. USA vehicles outside America = PITA sourcing parts + shipping. :eek4:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009 - 07:30:55 PM »

USPS has been good to me, Slotts sends me stuff via USPS all the time, never had an issue. Only thing I dislike is the tracking is non existent. Outside the USA you get none. It just says where it last was. Sometimes it arrives to me, from the USA even though the "update" reads: "Picked up in PA" lol. I've only had one issue with USPS, that was a DVD I think, didn't show up for 2-3 weeks. Thought it was long gone as I paid for 6-10 days. Then it showed up. 4 months later lol. I put that down to a 1 off.

UPS are way too pricey and slack. Fed-Ex are real awesome. They cost but they deliver. 2 days from the USA to NZ is awesome, don't care where you stand, that's insane. DHL are OK as well. I don't really mind how I get things, just as long as I get them. I've said this from day one on this site and will say it again, you guys have it lucky in terms of buying parts for your rides. USA vehicles outside America = PITA sourcing parts + shipping. :eek4:

Carl,

A question I have to ask.... If I send something UPS or FedEx to Canada, the buyer has to pay some kind of fee, which is basically some guy doing paper work. I have bought things from Canada and had to go thru it too. I get my part, and days later I get a bill from UPS or FedEx for the customs fee.  Do you not have to go thru that there??  I basically have to ship out of this country thru the post office using air-mail, or people get mad at me.   :lol:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009 - 08:44:26 PM »

Only thing I dislike is the tracking is non existent.

There it is! Which is Y I dont like it!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009 - 10:23:58 PM »
Carl,

A question I have to ask.... If I send something UPS or FedEx to Canada, the buyer has to pay some kind of fee, which is basically some guy doing paper work. I have bought things from Canada and had to go thru it too. I get my part, and days later I get a bill from UPS or FedEx for the customs fee.  Do you not have to go thru that there??  I basically have to ship out of this country thru the post office using air-mail, or people get mad at me.   :lol:

Mike

Good question Mike. Yes we do but only if the value of the item is over $500 (declared value), it could possibly be $900+, I forget which one. When an item has a declared value over either one of those prices they send out a letter within 1-3 days. On the letter, it shows what has arrived, where it came from (vendor), the declared value and the custom fees owing. There are references #s. You then call it up and pay via CC over the phone. Once paid over the phone it's released and usually arrives within the next 2 days.

For a $500 item you usually pay around $70-$150 depending on the class of goods. To me, it's a load of BS lol. There really is no way of knowing what they do to "earn" this payment. They could just sit on their backside, have lunch and say: "Dave, whaddya think, $120 customs for this one?! "Na, make it $156, I want that new Celine Dion CD". :lol: But, if I want the part(s), I have no choice but to pay. That is why I laugh when I see some of you US guys going: "Man, I'm so PO right now, took 4 days to get my gauge!!!" LMAO.....I'll take 4 days any day, heck, I'll take 10.

:wave:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009 - 10:28:21 PM »
There it is! Which is Y I dont like it!

True but for me, UPS, FedEx and DHL all charge $100-$150 for shipping a small boxed item. They usually only have 2 methods. Fast or REAL fast lol. Then there is USPS. I can get that same item shipped for $30-$50, but it'll take 2-3 days extra "Whoop-a-dee-doo!". So, it's worth it. I shipped lots of some crap like DVDs, CDs etc for a while, once I had 20+ shipments under my belt I felt safe enough using USPS for more expensive items, despite the no tracking issue. Having said all this, in 15% of my orders, if it's something I must have and like HEAPS I will spend extra cash getting it here quickly, safely and with tracking info by using FedEx.

:drunk:

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009 - 05:24:19 PM »
Well , here we are a new week................ and still NO FREAKIN SCREWS!!!!  :swear:
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009 - 10:09:53 AM »
Still nothing AND Tom has not answered his phone this week!!
 :villagers:  :banghead:  :pullinghair:  :stomp:
 :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009 - 01:15:28 PM »
 :screwy: I feel for ya bigs,nothing like waiting for parts when you really need them.  :pullinghair:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2009 - 06:37:38 AM »
Damn, I bought a gas tank grommet Tuesday night and got it yesterday via Priority Mail.

Is Tom at a show this week?

Since it's a holiday weekend, everyone around here "went to the beach". Maybe Tom's there.  :poopoke:
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...