Author Topic: Finally, An office with a view!  (Read 1304 times)

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
Finally, An office with a view!
« on: August 31, 2009 - 04:29:14 PM »
I think this is cool. I had to transfer studios, and I am on  the third floor, again. This time, I face the window!
In the world of cubicles, this one is bigger, badder, and way more open.

I look out, and I see the clouds, the sky, and nothing but trees. :picture:
Wish I could take a pic, but it's a no-no here.... :nono: I'd be canned fer sure...

Thought I would share the good news...

Dan
One E body saved, 7 years and counting.

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
Re: Finally, An office with a view!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009 - 05:15:52 PM »
Sounds like a good deal Dan. I work in the oilfield so I am outdoors most of the time. But I can definitely see why a window spot would be nice. Congratulations.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009 - 05:18:04 PM »
Way to go and nice to have a view!   :2thumbs: :bigsmile:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009 - 05:57:20 PM »
Good for you. A nice view certainly helps, but it sounds like you work in a very secure environment.
I had to give up what I think were the most beautiful views in the world overlooking the ocean and biscayne bay, with floor to ceiling windows, 18 months ago when I closed my real estate office. Now I look out my garage through a 3'x4' window into my front yard!
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009 - 09:05:27 AM »
 :2thumbs:  However the excu's know that "confined cubbys" keeps a guy working, those views can become distracting...................those clouds have all kinds of patterns and shapes,,,,,,,  :smilielol:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009 - 09:17:58 AM »
Good to hear that not only do you still have a cool job, but also a nice spot to do it!
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline wunderless

• But existing is basically all I do!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009 - 01:59:33 PM »
Not that it's any of my business... but where do you work where you can't take a picute of the outside?  Are you a super secret spy?  Should we all be afraid?
But existing is basically all I do!

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009 - 02:10:58 PM »
Very nice!!! :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009 - 02:52:51 PM »
Not that it's any of my business... but where do you work where you can't take a picute of the outside?  Are you a super secret spy?  Should we all be afraid?

I beleive Dan is a Senior Designer at CHRYSLER making all these cool MOPAR'S Come to life.

And not to be Humble, Dan will be in charge of the 2010 Woodward Dream Cruise, Cuda-Challenger event
1973 Dodge Challenger, Warren Michigan.

Offline DMZ73

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009 - 08:55:07 PM »
 :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

thanks Bob!

Yes, I do work for Chrysler, creating some of the new products that will hit the streets in 2011. I work in the design office, as a Sr. designer. I am not allowed to take pics of anything in the office- it's policy. Nor can I talk about future product. It's stricly prohibited.
Even if I could take a pic, I don't think the PR backlash would be good considering we are technically a shoestring budget company..

I guess it's like working for the military/govornment. They just don't want the competition to know what they are up to.

BTW- just after I posted this thread, my co-working comes over (a good friend) and tells me I pimped his spot. I could lose it, but who knows.. It figures..

Dan

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009 - 09:59:33 AM »

BTW- just after I posted this thread, my co-working comes over (a good friend) and tells me I pimped his spot. I could lose it, but who knows.. It figures..

Dan

Challange him to a race, you have that new rebuilt engine/restored challenger, winner takes all, race can take place on Chrysler Drive - yea yea do it.......
1973 Dodge Challenger, Warren Michigan.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009 - 10:11:53 AM »
Chrysler is the only us one that I have yet to work for.  Maybe some day I can in some way.  I always wanted to be a Field Service Rep for them.  Just never worked out as of yet to do that. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline wunderless

• But existing is basically all I do!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009 - 03:25:44 PM »

thanks Bob!

Yes, I do work for Chrysler, creating some of the new products that will hit the streets in 2011. I work in the design office, as a Sr. designer. I am not allowed to take pics of anything in the office- it's policy. Nor can I talk about future product. It's stricly prohibited.
Even if I could take a pic, I don't think the PR backlash would be good considering we are technically a shoestring budget company..

I guess it's like working for the military/govornment. They just don't want the competition to know what they are up to.

Dan

Ohhh!  Cool!  That's pretty neat!  I've never talked to (albeit indirectly, or that I've know of) to someone that does something cool like that! 
Can you do something that shocks people when the car turns and the signals aren't used?  I'd buy you a steak....
But existing is basically all I do!

Offline DMZ73

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009 - 10:03:04 PM »
Can you do something that shocks people when the car turns and the signals aren't used?  I'd buy you a steak....
 :clueless:
Well, I sure can make it look good, and we can now execute a car like a BMW/Lexus. That in itself is shocking enough..
You don't have to buy me a steak.
Drop me a note when you finally see our new products in the dealers.
Dan

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009 - 12:44:11 AM »
Well, I sure can make it look good, and we can now execute a car like a BMW/Lexus. That in itself is shocking enough..

I'm quite looking forward to see that!

"Chrysler will make four versions of the tiny FIAT 500 in Mexico. And it is working to pair the Dodge and Alfa Romeo brands by sharing product development and potentially selling Alfas as Dodges in the United States and putting an Alfa Romeo badge on Dodges for sale in Europe, company officials said."

http://blogs.moparmusclemagazine.com/6546919/mopar-news/chrysler-fiat-future-vehicle-plans-in-the-works/index.html

I liked the Demon roadster with it's blend of Euro-esque styling and bold American rugged look. It's a shame it never got out to the dealers, with a hard top it could've been Dodge's response to Audi TT. 
Now, if Alfa Romeo and Dodge are going to have some common models with badge engineering, it could get interesting.  At least as long as there will be some rear wheel drive Dodges with Hemis and good handling, it's all good.

Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***