Author Topic: Engine n tranny problem. Help! This might be the last straw.  (Read 1918 times)

Offline UKcuda

• Tell them I'm on my way
Re: Engine n tranny problem. Help! This might be the last straw.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009 - 01:53:38 PM »
Well my other option is to find a 360 from a Dakota fi and meanwhile hold on to this one

This isn't a Magnum 360 you've been trying to balance is it ??  because they are different external balance from the LA 360 (front and back).
'72 'cuda

Offline 4THECHALLENGE

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009 - 04:20:32 PM »
I have a 360 la with a balance issue. I think it got resolved but if I'm not happy with it I'll end u using it for about 6 months to a year while I find a 360 fuel injected motor to replace it with.

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009 - 05:36:24 PM »
Well, everyone has their limit. Maybe walk away for a few days/weeks/whatever and come back at it when you remember why you loved it in the firs place. In terms of getting taken advantage of... Sometimes that happens, usually because of ignorance. That's why we're all here. You won't get "taken" when you got backup...lol. Also, a little hint.. ALL mass rebuilder engines are designed to run until the warranty is up and when they go bad, they are total junk due to cheap fixes during the "refurbishment". 4 Years is a decent life. I've installed several ATKs, AutoTek, and Recon. They were all junk after a couple years and less than 10K miles.

Offline 4THECHALLENGE

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009 - 12:28:47 AM »
So would u recommend next time I buy a engine from the manufacturer? Like Mopar   Is the quality  it's more better? That's what I'm considering next time but is it Better and is it worth it because they are pricy
Thanks

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009 - 02:07:36 AM »
I would not buy a crate engine from most builders & especially from Mopar
 you always end up compromizing with a crate build . I would build a custom 360 with the exact parts you want in it from a reputable machinist

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009 - 09:21:30 PM »
I would not buy a crate engine from most builders & especially from Mopar
 you always end up compromizing with a crate build . I would build a custom 360 with the exact parts you want in it from a reputable machinist

What he said... :iagree:

Offline 4THECHALLENGE

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009 - 01:37:36 AM »
 tried that and ended up with a unbalanced 360 or maybe it's just me who is thinking that this car should ride like a new car :(