Author Topic: hood bumper plates  (Read 763 times)

Offline 30below

hood bumper plates
« on: September 14, 2009 - 09:52:46 AM »
Ive noticed a lot of cars have plates attached to the hood that the hood bumper rests on when closed,and a lot of them dont have them or are missing.On my 73 Cuda they are missing.Should it have them?

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
Re: hood bumper plates
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009 - 01:42:39 PM »
Are you talking about the raised washer that is right under the hood bumpers?  If so...yes they came with them from the factory.  The new replacment fenders don't come with these.  They need to be removed from the origonal fenders and installed on the new ones.

Offline 30below

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009 - 08:59:19 PM »
No,i was talking about small plates that are attached to the underside of the hood.But now that you brought it up,are the slots that the raised washer fits into on the repro fenders?

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009 - 09:25:51 PM »
OK...I know what your talking about now.  My Rallye hood does have those plates.(73 Challenger)

As far as the washer is concerned...I was told about the new fender issue by the guys working on my car.  They did a 70 R/T right before going into mine and didn't know about the washer.  They took the car to Norwak last year to be judged and found out that they were missing the washer.

They took my origonals off and put them on the new fenders.  It is hard to get the washers to not look like they have been replaced but atleast they are there.

Offline 30below

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009 - 03:09:44 PM »
One of my fenders is original and has it,the other  a Goodmark.I have the washer off the old fender,but the tangs are broken off.Going to try to screw the bumper into the washer,set the hood height,and put a washer and nut from the bottom and tighten it.Maybe ill post in the Parts Wanted for those plates.

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009 - 04:23:41 PM »
Ive noticed a lot of cars have plates attached to the hood that the hood bumper rests on when closed,and a lot of them dont have them or are missing.On my 73 Cuda they are missing.Should it have them?

I'm curious about this also. My 71 flat hood and 72 rallye hood do NOT have them, but I'd like them on the latter. That area is easily dented without the plates.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...