Author Topic: what a waste  (Read 1284 times)

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
what a waste
« on: September 16, 2009 - 01:28:37 PM »
 :swear:  :pullinghair: as some of you know i sell parts for a car dealership and was just outside,heres all the cash for klunker cars & trucks lined up with the hoods up and of coarse they all have the hoods up and the silicone put in them and running to blow the engines next thing their seizing up one at a time.man what a  :stomp: waste,makes me sick just watching it.our government once agaign at it's finest.most of these vechicles i would love to have as my dalily driver anyday.  :banghead:  :pullinghair:  :swear: man i just had to blow of some steam.  :pullinghair:  :pullinghair:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: what a waste
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009 - 01:33:32 PM »
I agree that it is such a waste to lock up the engines on those.   :banghead:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline grimmey71

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009 - 02:54:16 PM »
what an absolute shame/sham!  i just want the govedrment to leave us alone.  nothing they do runs good and they keep trying to run more things.  Being from Detroit the worset thing is all the imports that were bought with that cash for clunkers money imo

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009 - 03:04:54 PM »
I hate to see that....  :P
all in the name of environment.... BS....     the amount of energy needed to build a car is waaaay more then an old car will consume in decades.   

*** Bart ***

Offline buddydog

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009 - 04:10:46 PM »
I've been trying to come up with a better scam than this one for a while now....

Tax dollars save manufacturers. Tax dollars pay for clunkers. You feel like you got a "good deal" because you got a discount on a new Korean POS without realizing it was at the expense of the rest of the working nation.

I'm starting my own Government within this Government in which I no longer give anything and I no longer expect anything in return (that includes the illusion of help and safety!).

G

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009 - 04:42:52 PM »
wait till the average person goes to try to find a part in a coupl years, good luck  :scared:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009 - 02:02:09 AM by Mentally Challenged »
Chris, Ohio

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009 - 05:38:32 PM »
 :screwy: i have actually gotten calls from the general public asking if they could come on the lot and strip/remove parts from the cars before they go to the salvage yards.  :pullinghair:

ya come on down remove what you like.  :lol2:  :pullinghair:
71 Challenger 340 a/t

wagesofsin

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009 - 08:14:13 PM »
wow, that would suck to see, but...
i kinda woulda liked to be there, do a big stinky burnout, cover em all in smoke and rubber, and then just gas guzzle my azz down the road. :burnout:

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009 - 11:42:42 AM »
I've seen a ton of old Pickups mostly in that program. I can tell you, there's probably quite a few kids that were just getting their licenses that would love to drive that "clunker". But I can understand people wanting a newer car as well.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009 - 12:23:45 PM »
You guys dont want to get me started on this one again! The cars I've seem going to the shredder tons of people would LOVE to have just as a daily driver!!!!  Not to mention  the destroyng of valuable parts (motors) to keep others back on the road!

just wait till the bill on this comes due. its not coming out of your senator or congressmans pocket. you best keep your cheeks clenched!!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009 - 01:32:05 PM »
one example,ya it's a chevy.82 pu motana trk,not a rust spot anywhere.original paint not a dent.2wd short box,would have made one heck of a cruiser lower it and throw some mags and tires on it and  :burnout: what a waste.......................  :pullinghair:
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009 - 01:51:55 AM »
I was at a junkyard last weekend and i saw some very nice cash for clunkers sitting behind a fence and one beautiful dodge ram official pace truck in there i would have gave my left testical for  :swear:  :pullinghair:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009 - 09:57:19 AM »
The thing I think is so funny is I was reading on the web a couple of days ago. The story said that everyone that got that money For CFC's program has to claim it on income tax. What a farce this government has become!!!!!!!!
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline 4drbrnko

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009 - 11:25:25 AM »
How much pollution does one of these "clunkers" release as it's motor is being seized?? Times that by 700000. Realy helped the environment on that one.  :eek4:

I know of several salvage companies that all the did was haul of clunkers from dealer lots, take them to warehouses and have a mass stripping party. Then send what was left to scrap. Tidy little moneymaker.  :money:
<-------<<<  Clickylinks..... My vehicles

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009 - 07:28:43 AM »
I've been trying to come up with a better scam than this one for a while now....

Tax dollars save manufacturers. Tax dollars pay for clunkers. You feel like you got a "good deal" because you got a discount on a new Korean POS without realizing it was at the expense of the rest of the working nation.

I'm starting my own Government within this Government in which I no longer give anything and I no longer expect anything in return (that includes the illusion of help and safety!).

G

I agree that the program was a farce.....all that waste, for what?  The idea of a "ask nothing/get nothing government is a great idea too....I dont feel I get much for my taxes.  Maybe if I go on welfare I would feel differently.  :clueless:

But I have to disagree with the "Korean POS" part.....and not to go onto a tangent here.....

We bought a 2006 Hyundai Sonata brand new for my wife's daily driver a few years back....by far, the BEST car we have bought new.....in terms of features and bang for the buck.....we had a Chevy Malibu before it....looked at Malibus again at the time......drum rear brake, minimal air bags, average performance, average quality.....the Sonata has rear disks, side curtain air bags, lots of pep for a 4-banger, and the initial quality looked better to us....and thousands less money, with a WAAAAAY better warranty.  Over time the car has shown to be extremely reliable and no more "POS" than any other comparitive car in its class....It was rated at the top of its class.....no issues that have left her stranded so far, and that is at like 70k+ miles in 3 years.....just minor trim issues and now a bad rear door lock switch.....Have to say that if this car is a "POS", then I will be glad to own a "POS" in the future.  Inexpensive (so far) to maintain and drive, we love it.  Handles like its on rails.....wish my Barracuda could take corners like that little car does. (Maybe one day, with enough cash! LOL)

I will say though that changing some light bulbs on this car is a huge PITA!