Author Topic: This one is for Cody  (Read 4448 times)

Offline 71ChallengerSE

This one is for Cody
« on: September 16, 2009 - 08:48:56 PM »
There is a local junkyard near me that has a few old cars and a few a-bodies. I have gone quite a few times to rob parts for my Dart Swinger. Before I bought my Swinger I was in the market for an a-body and the first car I went and looked at was a '73 /6 Dart Sport that was sitting behind a funeral home. It was owned by a guy that wanted to restore it so he took it all apart and tried to do metal work on it. A high rise was built next to the funeral home and the gusts complained about "that old car in the back" because they could see it out their windows. Well the city put a sticker on it and the guy had to get rid of it before it was towed away. He put it on Craigslist so I gave him a call. He told me that I could have it for $300 if I went and looked at it right away so I grabbed my tools and went over. When I arrived it was too much of a project eventhough I could have had it for as little as $200, I declined his offer but said I would keep it in mind. A few months later I stopped by to see if it was still there and it was, to my surprise it had not been towed away. Well today I was in the junkyard to get a few things and I noticed a new hood sticking out of the piles of cars. I ran over and there she sat, the same Dart Sport I almost purchased, my heart sank. It was depressing to see her sitting there all picked apart and beat up by the yard guys. I looked it over and realized that I had made the right decision to pass on it as she was going to be alot of work. I took some pics to remember her by....

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
Re: This one is for Cody
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009 - 11:42:30 AM »
Thanks for posting the pictures! :2thumbs: Man, what a shame. What's the story on that Coronet...it looks pretty minty? Also, would you mind writing down the vin numbers and fender tag codes for the Dart Sports when you get the chance for my registry? Thanks!
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline cudazappa

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009 - 10:57:09 PM »
didja grab the hubcaps?  Some people go crazy for the cop car ones...
1971 Challenger - AutoX project
2015 Dart GT - Daily Driver

Offline 71ChallengerSE

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009 - 07:44:05 PM »
didja grab the hubcaps?  Some people go crazy for the cop car ones...

I sure did!

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009 - 10:10:06 PM »
Seein all those a bodys sickins me  :pullinghair: Been searchin everywhere around here and i can't find any and i'm in dire need of power brake booster for my Dart Sport
Dennis,Ohio

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009 - 11:43:22 PM »
I sure did!

Smart guy!  :thumbsup:

I noticed the slotted rims on the other A-body there.  That's a smaller bolt pattern than a E-body, yes?  :clueless:  Those smaller bolt pattern slotted mags might be tough to find...
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 71ChallengerSE

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009 - 06:50:24 PM »
Smart guy!  :thumbsup:

I noticed the slotted rims on the other A-body there.  That's a smaller bolt pattern than a E-body, yes?  :clueless:  Those smaller bolt pattern slotted mags might be tough to find...

The slotted mags on the Duster are small bolt pattern, I would have grabbed those too but one is missing and I really have no use for the small bolt pattern rims, all mine have big bolt pattern

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009 - 09:37:44 PM »
Small bolt pattern on 73+ a bodys? I dont think so???  Might want to scoop them up!

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009 - 09:54:51 PM »
SBP was still available through 75 I believe on drum brake equipped A-bodies only.  I helped part out a 75 Swinger a while back with SBP drum brakes.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009 - 10:15:08 PM »
Ahh yeah...makes sense the only a abodys i bought were disc