Author Topic: What OTHER muscle cars would you want/or do you own?  (Read 7789 times)

Offline DavidSL

What OTHER muscle cars would you want/or do you own?
« on: September 19, 2009 - 12:11:10 PM »
Hey all,

I'm sure this question has been asked too many time, so I apologise for that. I only ask because as a (hopefully!) future buyer of a muscle car, I'm always interested to discover new cars I'd never seen before.

I was watching an old repeat of 'Top Gear' the other day, and James May was driving a Triumph TR6. My dad made a point of saying to me that they are great cars and I 'don't need' to buy a muscle car if I went for one of those. He's not in the habit of trying to put me off my dreams - he is just a practical fellow and usually right, as fathers have an annoying habit of being. But it did get me thinking, and investigating - and after some deliberation, even though it doesn't need to be decided until a long time in the future, I just decided I couldn't NOT get a muscle car. I love them too much. Classic cars are nice and everything, but muscle cars are just pure cool. We don't have them here in the UK very much, but they just excite me. They bring out the rebel in me - and I'm not much of a rebel! :burnout:

So anyway, to the point. I was watching 'Death Proof' again (I'm one of the people that love it) and whilst I'd noticed it before, I found myself paying more attention to Kim's car in it this time. I found out it's a 1972 Mustang Grande, and it's a damn nice car. Now, I'm not going crazy and trying to 'choose' a muscle car just yet, but I do like looking for the fun of it, just to see what I MIGHT be able to afford in the future. Seems these cars are cheaper than your average Challenger or Cuda, more in the range of the Dodge Charger. I'm guessing this is because so many were made.

Anyway, the question stands, really. What do people think of the Mustang Grande, and what muscle cars do you love besides Challengers/Chargers and Cudas?

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
Re: What OTHER muscle cars would you want/or do you own?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009 - 03:02:45 PM »
I love the look of the 1970 Mach 1 especially the medium bright blue metallic cars. Came real close to buying one recently but decided to refinance our mortage instead. Still plan to do it though. 

72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline DavidSL

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009 - 04:34:36 PM »
That 1970 one I like, I don't like the others though - the front spoiler 'scoop' and the huge backside.

What's the general consensus on Mustang Grandes? They seem to be selling so cheaply at the moment - I've seen a couple for no more that $10,000, that's very cheap for here in the UK. I'm thinking if I invested in one of those, did it up how I wanted, interior and exterior - spent a few thousand on it and saved for another year or so, maybe it might make a good investment if I ever came across my dream Challenger R/T or something?

That said, I like the Mustangs anyway, investment or no. I just don't know anything about them.

Offline loco340cuda

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009 - 04:50:54 PM »
I would like to own a 1969 Z/28 Camaro, but I would not sell my 70 Cuda for one!
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed - now stroked to 416ci (SOLD)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009 - 04:57:08 PM »
I used to have a 67 ford galaxy 500 ht. but I`m no ford guy at all, so no stangs for me...
If I wouldn`t have a cuda my next choice would be a 70 superbee.  After that the early B-body`s...  :drool:
does an E12 alpina B7S count too...  :violin:
*** Bart ***

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009 - 05:34:10 PM »
Here's our stable.  The Challenger is ours, the Charger is my Brother-in-law's, and the Super Bee is kind of a comunal family car, but as of next month, they will all 3 be in my garage  :bigsmile:  :bananasmi  :burnout: .
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009 - 05:40:29 PM by 73Chally »

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009 - 06:00:34 PM »
I love Pontiac almost as much as Mopar.  One of my dream cars is a 66 GTO, actually.

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009 - 06:01:38 PM »
I really like the Dusters, and the 71 Roadrunners/Satellites. As far as Mustangs, I love the 70 mustangs. And I really like the late 60's GT500s, but other than that I'm not a huge fan of the stangs. I like the first gen Chevelles also.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009 - 07:40:30 PM »
ditto that, the 69's are ok but all the rest including fox bodys up to current just dont blow my skirt up. I do kind've like the 1967 and 1968 Cougars. Those sequential tail lights and hideaway fronts were cool.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009 - 08:50:04 PM by miketyler »
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline Sean

• My Cuda Restore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009 - 08:25:52 PM »
Money being no object, I'd love to have one of the Corvette Grand Sports - a recreation of course.  They go for about $80,000 and have their own chassis (not a body kit put on a C4 chassis) and a myrid of engine configurations.

My other non-Mopar chioces would be a '69 GTO Judge, DeTomaso Pantera (Ford powered), '69 Mustang Boss 427, or a '78 Pontiac Trans AM in black & gold like the Smokey & the Bandit car.

Sean

Offline snowdog

• Thor-Our Belgian Tervuren-Member since 2006
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009 - 08:41:42 PM »
I love the look of the 1970 Mach 1 especially the medium bright blue metallic cars. Came real close to buying one recently but decided to refinance our mortage instead. Still plan to do it though. 

I agree, 1969 and 1970 mustang (boss 302 or mach I) are my next favorite car muscle car if I couldn't pick another Mopar.  If money and not being a muscle car are no object it would be the Ford GT40 or the recent GT copy by Ford.  That would be at the top of my list.  If it was another Mopar it would be a Viper, 66 Charger or 68 / 69 Charger.

See ya,

Snowdoggie
Scott (aka: snowdoggie) 1970 Challenger - 440 Modified - 4 Spd - White on Black - 1970 Cuda - 383 Magnum - 4 Spd - Drk. Green on Black - Howell, MI
See my "I'm gonna fix'm up someday" story at Cars in Barns.  **Dodge Main 76-78**
http://www.carsinbarns.com/Mopars%20In%20Barns/pg113mopar.htm

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009 - 09:27:58 PM »
My none Mopar muscle cars of choice would have to be a 66 SS 396 4 speed Chevelle, Eleanor from the Nick cage Gone in 60 Seconds, 1965 GTO 389 3 2's and a 4 speed, 69 RS/SS Camaro, 67 Corvette 427 4 speed, to name a few. My Dad is a GM guy so I grew up around GM cars.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009 - 10:13:04 PM »
Used to be a very small list that included a vert 442, maybe a 69 Camaro, 74 SD Trans Am and maybe a 70 Chevelle. Now I would be fine with owning a multitude of non Mopar iron. Anymore it seems I like most anything that has nice lines and made in the right years.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009 - 10:18:26 PM »
69 Mach 1 for me  :drool:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

sleepychallenger

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009 - 10:37:36 PM »
just off the top of my head (other than my chally and in order)