Author Topic: What OTHER muscle cars would you want/or do you own?  (Read 7787 times)

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
Re: What OTHER muscle cars would you want/or do you own?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009 - 10:45:58 AM »
Of course it is Mopar first for me, but my next choice after Mopar would be a '70 Chevelle LS6-454, black on black with a 4 speed....    :burnout:    :burnout:    :cheers:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2009 - 02:13:52 PM »
wow, been having trouble accessing this site, and the uploader tends to not work much anymore, so I guess its photobucket from now on.
Anyways, heres my list of "affordable muscle" that would be the main part of my collection if I could:
70-71 cuda
68 Charger
68 Mustang fastback
69 Camaro
71 Road Runner

72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2009 - 03:07:29 PM »
70-71 cuda
:clueless:  Don't you already have one of those?  :burnout:
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2009 - 03:27:41 PM »
of course I have the 71 cuda already. The start of my collection :bigsmile:
and ps, before anyone notices, that roadrunner pic is actually a '72 satellite clone of a 71' runner, for sale on ebay.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009 - 03:29:30 PM by tommyg29 »
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2009 - 03:41:25 PM »
I have owned my share of muscle cars in the past.  The only one I want right now is my car and get it done.   :bigsmile:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009 - 09:16:17 PM »
I gotta agree with TommyG, the '71 roadrunner rocks! :woohoo:
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2009 - 10:19:46 PM »
Well, I got a '69 Charger, '70 Coronet and '73 Duster so...here's what I'd love to have. :2thumbs:

Plus many more ;D
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2009 - 11:39:26 PM »
Ugggg...so many cars, so little time....and money...   :faint:

The Mustang Grande?  I like that style Mustang but the deal is that the Mustang Grande only came in the coupe version, not the sports roof/fastback design, which IMO looks better as it is more sleek although from what I understand the rear vison through the window is not that good.

Have you a particular Grande in mind you've seen for sale?  What does it have for an engine?  I wouldn't go anything smaller than a 351w.  These mustangs are bigger and need more "umph" behind them.  Investment wise, I dunno.  I think it's more of a buy it because you like it situation with this car...it's no Hemi Cuda...

I don't know if all would classify as "muscle cars", but any hows, would love to have these...

Like the engineers..

427 Shelby Cobra, preferably a kit (Would feel nervous driving an original around Boston!  I want to enjoy the ride!)

1979 Trans Am-has to have 400/4-speed, t-tops, WS6 package, white with gold eagle

Mad Max Interceptor

Patera GTS (I think this guy has my dream garage!!!)

'70 Boss 302 Mustang, I like the '69 but I gotsa have that shakah!  :grinyes:

'71 Boss 351 Mustang, has to be yellow with the blacked out hood.

GS Corvette

1969 Shelby Mustang GT 500, maybe a convertible.  Love the scoops!

I could go on and on.... but I'll save you the grief!!!  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline DavidSL

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2009 - 08:21:40 AM »
Ugggg...so many cars, so little time....and money...   :faint:

The Mustang Grande?  I like that style Mustang but the deal is that the Mustang Grande only came in the coupe version, not the sports roof/fastback design, which IMO looks better as it is more sleek although from what I understand the rear vison through the window is not that good.

Have you a particular Grande in mind you've seen for sale?  What does it have for an engine?  I wouldn't go anything smaller than a 351w.  These mustangs are bigger and need more "umph" behind them.  Investment wise, I dunno.  I think it's more of a buy it because you like it situation with this car...it's no Hemi

It would be less of an investment and more of a 'start' in the muscle car thing for me. It's a lot cheaper - has that great V8 sound, and I could spend money making it into the car I want (looks wise - just paint and interior) without worrying about the numbers matching thing - which doesn't seem to be a big thing with Mustangs?

I've seen a few in the US - just looking for kicks. Average around $10,000. Like you guys, I like a lot of cars. My dream car is the 1970 Challenger R/T with a 440 Magnum, and I love the 71 Cudas, too. But to be sensible, I'm thinking of starting out with a smaller car (the Mustang would be more suited to UK roads) and working my way up by learning from that. It's an option, anyhow.

I still have OVER a year to think about all this - but money wise, it might be a good start if I like the car. However, if situations change and I find that I can afford my dream and find one, then I'd have to decide then and there. I'm only 5'6", too, so I wanna go with a car that fits me, anything too big isn't gonna be an option. I believe the Challenger would be fine, but I've yet to see and sit in one. :burnout:

Offline mcgheejt

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2009 - 08:36:47 AM »
I've always liked the special design of the 69 & 70 Mustang GT350 & GT500.

Give me a GT500 Vert followed by a 69 Charger and a nice little Duster 340.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2009 - 09:31:34 AM »
It would be less of an investment and more of a 'start' in the muscle car thing for me. It's a lot cheaper - has that great V8 sound, and I could spend money making it into the car I want (looks wise - just paint and interior) without worrying about the numbers matching thing - which doesn't seem to be a big thing with Mustangs?

I've seen a few in the US - just looking for kicks. Average around $10,000. Like you guys, I like a lot of cars. My dream car is the 1970 Challenger R/T with a 440 Magnum, and I love the 71 Cudas, too. But to be sensible, I'm thinking of starting out with a smaller car (the Mustang would be more suited to UK roads) and working my way up by learning from that. It's an option, anyhow.

I still have OVER a year to think about all this - but money wise, it might be a good start if I like the car. However, if situations change and I find that I can afford my dream and find one, then I'd have to decide then and there. I'm only 5'6", too, so I wanna go with a car that fits me, anything too big isn't gonna be an option. I believe the Challenger would be fine, but I've yet to see and sit in one. :burnout:

In your first paragraph, you make an excellent point.  It would be a good car to get if you want something not too pricey, V8 sound, and make it what you want.  The parts are more plentiful than a Mopar.  You can get rims/engine/tranny from a late model mustang and they should fit in fairly easily.  You can even get a 5.0l fuel injected engine and pop the whole deal right in and drive it everyday.  That is the beauty of a car that you can "play" with.  That's why sometimes I see the benefit of having a Mustang or a Camaro.  There are lots of parts at cheaper prices than Mopars.  My car is very stock and sometimes I wish it wasn't so I could play with it.  I know I can get bolt ons, and I have some bolt on stuff to play with, but the other makes have cheaper parts/ later cars they can scavenge parts from.  Even a '74 Camaro can be found at a cheap price and you can find a smashed LS1 Camaro and put the drive train in it for a fair price.  Harder to do with a Challenger.  As a starter car, it would be good.  That 2nd generation Mustang is starting to get more valuable as the 60's-70 style Mustang are getting more expensive and out of reach for many people.  A Mustang Coupe did catch my eye years ago.  It was blue, jacked up with fat tires in the back.  Those fat tires make it look really cool.

On a side note, you might want to try sitting in one of these Mustangs.  I'm 5' 10" and I felt like the dash was kind of high and over-enveloping of the interior.  :2cents:  Might even be a good excuse to ask the owner for a ride!  :naughty:  :burnout:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2009 - 10:24:33 AM »
Well, I got a '69 Charger, '70 Coronet and '73 Duster so...here's what I'd love to have. :2thumbs:
Is the Coronet a wagon?  :naughty:
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline DavidSL

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2009 - 11:09:51 AM »
In your first paragraph, you make an excellent point.  It would be a good car to get if you want something not too pricey, V8 sound, and make it what you want.  The parts are more plentiful than a Mopar.  You can get rims/engine/tranny from a late model mustang and they should fit in fairly easily.  You can even get a 5.0l fuel injected engine and pop the whole deal right in and drive it everyday.  That is the beauty of a car that you can "play" with.  That's why sometimes I see the benefit of having a Mustang or a Camaro.  There are lots of parts at cheaper prices than Mopars.  My car is very stock and sometimes I wish it wasn't so I could play with it.  I know I can get bolt ons, and I have some bolt on stuff to play with, but the other makes have cheaper parts/ later cars they can scavenge parts from.  Even a '74 Camaro can be found at a cheap price and you can find a smashed LS1 Camaro and put the drive train in it for a fair price.  Harder to do with a Challenger.  As a starter car, it would be good.  That 2nd generation Mustang is starting to get more valuable as the 60's-70 style Mustang are getting more expensive and out of reach for many people.  A Mustang Coupe did catch my eye years ago.  It was blue, jacked up with fat tires in the back.  Those fat tires make it look really cool.

On a side note, you might want to try sitting in one of these Mustangs.  I'm 5' 10" and I felt like the dash was kind of high and over-enveloping of the interior.  :2cents:  Might even be a good excuse to ask the owner for a ride!  :naughty:  :burnout:

Thanks for the response, I appreciate that :2thumbs:

I'm certainly interested. It's one of those cars that I like, but only in certain colours. It's like the Challenger, I like the car, but when it's in white I LOVE it. The same with these Mustangs - I LOVE the black and yellow colour scheme. It would be excellent to buy a car and be able to get it resprayed to my own desire, and then change the interior. It would also be a great way for me to learn more about engines and do some work myself - I wouldn't be so apprehensive in diving in with a car I can afford. Plus, as I say - the numbers matching thing only worries me with a car I am basing something on - my Challenger dream, for example, would have to be numbers matching. It's just one of those hang-ups I have about that car. Everything would need to be made perfect. I would change stuff, sure - but the original car would need to be numbers matching - like Carlwalski's 'Lucy'.

As for size, I'll have to try it. As I say - my first introduction to this car was through 'Death Proof' (hence the love of the colour scheme) - and those girls seemed to fit just fine - I know for a fact I'm as tall if not taller than them. I know it's a movie, so a dumb way to compare - but it's all I've got to go on at the moment. There's a UK owners club online, so I'll see if I can hook up with them in the future and check things out.

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2009 - 12:52:55 PM »
Is the Coronet a wagon?  :naughty:

Nope, it's a 500.
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline BP23G0B

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009 - 12:30:07 PM »
I'd love a '65 Comet Cyclone with the optional glass hood.  They look sinister.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009 - 07:37:47 PM by BP23G0B »
'70 Barracuda Gran Coupe
'14 Ram 1500 Express Black Edition