Author Topic: Look What I Found!!!  (Read 2036 times)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Look What I Found!!!
« on: September 19, 2009 - 10:07:14 PM »
Hey guys,
I've been busy with my wife and family going thru the mountains (I'm not kidding here) of boxes and boxes of junk that my father-in-law had before he died. As a retirement hobby (and actually before he retired & the last 25 years or so) he was a flea market dealer and NEVER threw anything away. We had already filled a 12,000 lb capacity dumpster. Anyway each box we open is a surprise not knowing what will turn up!! I found a box of old models (airplanes, ships, military and of course cars from the early 60's). One was this really awesome Chrysler Turbine car (complete). I love it!! What do ya thinK? I've got an old Ford Galaxie too but not as cool as the turbine car. The instructions even explain how the turbine worked!! Neat stuff. Who knows what we'll find tomorrow!! :woo: :woo:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline troutstreamnm

Re: Look What I Found!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009 - 10:13:55 PM »
Very cool.  I'm sure that is worth alot to some collector  :grinyes:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

wagesofsin

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009 - 10:40:23 PM »
sorry for the loss    :angelwings:
enlightened/gladdened  by the find.
thats some cool stuff.  :2thumbs:
please, not to be a cad here, keep us posted as to what else he had .   :popcorn:

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009 - 08:13:17 AM »

Sorry for your loss.  Very cool find and no telling what else you might find.   :bigsmile:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009 - 08:57:46 AM »
Thanks guys,
There is definitely more cool stuff. He also used to repair TV's and radio's (tube type) and has several very valuable Fada radios and a Fada TV. Lots of depression glass and some Limoges pottery. Being as I used to own an antique shop is a big help in knowing what to trash and what to save. The majority of stuff will be auctioned off and also a huge portion will be donated to charity!! :2thumbs:I hope to find some more cool Mopar/auto related stuff!! :cooldancing:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline snowdog

• Thor-Our Belgian Tervuren-Member since 2006
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009 - 02:02:43 PM »
Sorry to heard about your loss. Check out the link below for old models and if you want to sell them.

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/

See Ya,

Snowdoggie
Scott (aka: snowdoggie) 1970 Challenger - 440 Modified - 4 Spd - White on Black - 1970 Cuda - 383 Magnum - 4 Spd - Drk. Green on Black - Howell, MI
See my "I'm gonna fix'm up someday" story at Cars in Barns.  **Dodge Main 76-78**
http://www.carsinbarns.com/Mopars%20In%20Barns/pg113mopar.htm

Offline 70cudafan

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009 - 09:19:25 PM »
When I was a kid growing up in Miami, Florida a neighbor had the Chrysler turbine car for short period of time.. If I recall, they had to enter a contest of some sort to be eligible to win the use of the car.  I believe they had the car for about three months.. The car did sound like a turbine driving down the street.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009 - 12:00:18 AM »
Real sorry to hear about your father-in-law, Matt.  :(  It's always hard to go through items left behind by a loved one.

That is a cool model.  I have that model stashed away somewhere.  That actual car was in a movie, but I forget which movie, made in the 60's it competed in a race at the end of the movie.  I thought it was Fireball 500 but I think I'm mistaken...  :dunno:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009 - 09:30:28 AM »
Sorry to hear of your wife's father dying, and going through personal belongings can be difficult, but at the same time can be a good experience, it will renew memories of especially your wife's background and home with her parents. And you are the perfect one to sort through his collection....................keep your eye out for that Log Cabin Syrup tin.  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger