Author Topic: FS: my panther pink, 360/auto 1971 Dodge Challenger in SoCal  (Read 3535 times)

goldengladiator

FS: my panther pink, 360/auto 1971 Dodge Challenger in SoCal
« on: September 24, 2009 - 08:52:16 PM »
I am offering my restored and minor customized 1971 Dodge Challenger for sale. I am not desperate to sell it, just planning on getting out of debt and having some money to start saving for a house.

Here is the rundown:

It was restored a couple of years ago. The car was originally a B5 blue, blue interior, vinyl top, A/C car with a 318/automatic. It is currently FM3 moulin rouge / panther pink with a whiter interior, white vinyl top, and a 360/automatic.

The restoration: It is now a partial R/T clone. It came with an R/T hood when I bought it. I added the rear valence with the dual exhaust cut outs. The car was stripped down entirely. The front driver and trunk floors were replaced. Two other small spots in the floor were patched. The passenger side rear fender was passed and the driver side rear fender was replaced. The trunk is aftermarket, as is the (now paint damaged) passenger side front fender. The bumpers are freshly rechromed. The paint is good, but not great. I did the paint and used the car as a weekend cruiser.

The vinyl top was just redone in May with the correct full-size window (not seen in the pictures). Gauges are repaired rally gauged with a repaired standard dash (A/C controls, as in original). It has the correct floor console. The entire interior was redone with recovered seats, new carpet, and new headliner. All of the gauges work other than the odometer (came broken). The clock works but sticks for some reason. If you tap it, it moves.

The engine is a new (remanufactured, NOT rebuilt) '76 360 small block. It came from Autozone and was warrantied as new. The transmission is a standard small block automatic (forget the number). I recently replaced the gaskets. The engine has a high-rise intake, new water pump, electronic ignition, new starter, new battery, etc. It also has a 4-barrel Holley carb with an air cleaner, from Summit Racing, with air filter on top too. From the Hooker headers back is a duel exhaust from Summit Racing. Most of the suspension is new as well. The car starts with a little bit of gas, runs and drives great. Power steering pump is good. Spark plugs are good with high spark wires and distributor. New radiator and I haven't had any overheating problems.

I also cleaned out the gas tank entirely and cleaned underneath, some touch ups on the undercoating, especially on the replaced metal. And I added front wheel disc brakes (disc are rare on original cars of this age).

This car is pretty darn good. I've been driving it on weekends and to events since the restoration. I haven't had any overheating or stalling problems. I even fixed the windshield wipers. The two things I can think of that don't work: washer fluid (no container) and E-brake.

Since these pictures were taken I had the vinyl top redone, correct rear window installed, and I got the R/T-style racing fuel cap. The car mover also damaged the passenger side fender. If I am selling the car, I won't go through the hassle of having the fender dent fixed and the fender repainted.

If you want a great car to drive, this is it. If you want a great car that you can work on a few weekends and have a show car, this could be it. If you want to pay $30,000 for a restored R/T... this isn't your car.

Check out the pictures. I may consider a partial trade for a car of lower value on THIS LIST ONLY. I am not interested in new cars, cars of the same value (as I said, I want to pay down debt and save for a house), and no ricers. I may consider trades for: 70's - early 90's Camaro/Firebird (t-tops or convertible), early 90's Mustang convertible, 80's Regal/Cutlass/Monte Carl (t-tops), 70's Nova coupe, or Dodge Dart Sport/Dodge Demon/Plymouth Duster.

Please e-mail for my phone number and information. Serious inquiries only. No low ball offers, please. Also, the car still has an Ohio title and plates (valid and up to date) as it was just shipped to California from Ohio as I just moved here for work.

Oh, wait, I may have forgot my asking price. I am asking $16,000 OBO (currently insured value). If I don't get the fender repainted by the time it sells, I'm willing to work on price. Or, I guess in general, I'm willing to work on price.

By hbk440, shot with KODAK EASYSHARE C533 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-04-12

By hbk440, shot with KODAK EASYSHARE C533 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-04-12

By hbk440, shot with KODAK EASYSHARE C533 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-02-23

By hbk440, shot with KODAK EASYSHARE C533 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-02-21

By hbk440, shot with KODAK EASYSHARE C533 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-02-21

goldengladiator

Re: FS: my panther pink, 360/auto 1971 Dodge Challenger in SoCal
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009 - 07:20:12 PM »
I decided to lower my asking price to $14,000 OBO.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009 - 03:14:27 PM »
Did you talk to the guy in Hesperia?
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

goldengladiator

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009 - 06:10:17 PM »
I lowered my asking price again. $12,000. No trades.

Offline RobinJ

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009 - 08:13:45 AM »
Do you have a picture of the damaged passenger side fender? And what's your emailadress?

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009 - 01:33:42 PM »
Do you have a picture of the damaged passenger side fender? And what's your emailadress?

It would appear that he's left the forum, since he now appears as a Guest.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(