Author Topic: When the last time you saw a Running Mopar Untouch/unmodified/Survivor for sale?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline lee01

I'm browsing alot my local ads, and like the title said, when the last time you saw a Mopar unrestored, unmolestered and ready to drive home?

Up here in Canada, unless finding the needle in a hay stack, most of them have been patch, repair, modified.....

I found a very nice 75 Duster that is a drive away home, less then 60000miles on it, come with original tire! Never been taking apart, 318 auto, gold/brown paint with white top and white/brown interior. Not the nicest combo, still all there and in perfect condition. The only thing needed is lower quarter work. Although the picture show aftermarket wheels, the original tires, wheels and mud flap are included.

I like the fact of the ''survivor'' if I may say.

So when the last time you saw that?

Current Project
73 'Cuda 360

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
Nice find. The last survivor that I saw for sale was the 72 Dart I bought. The car had 87k original miles on it. These pictures are after I cleaned it up a little, changed the hubcaps (originals were in great shape just liked these better), installed a dash cap (pad was uv attacked, but not too bad only a couple cracks), replaced the front seat cover (original had 2 small tears less than 1 inch long each), installed the hood scoops, cleaned up the engine bay some and added the rear stripe. Everything else was original including the paint, vinyl top and rest of the interior. I ended up selling the car partly due to the economy, I miss that car.

1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline lee01

Not bad at all. That was a nice find also!
Current Project
73 'Cuda 360

Offline HP2

• Resident
I last saw one this morning when I took the trash out because it is parked in my back driveway. 74 Satellite Custom 9 passenger wagon, 360, 4bbl, automatic. Of course it does have Cragars and wide tires on it now so it isn't completely original. Its for sale at $2200 and I have yet to get a phone call or internet inquiry on it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009 - 07:35:02 AM by HP2 »

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
I last saw one this morning when I took the trash out because it is parked in my back driveway. 74 Satellite Custom 9 passenger wagon, 360, 4bbl, automatic. Of course it does have Caragars and wide tires on it so it isn't completely original. Its for sale at $2200 and I have yet to get a phone call or internet inquiry on it.

I'd buy it if I had somewhere to park it.  :thumbsup:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
Just found this Satellite with a 400 the other day-
http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/1350637104.html
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
I don't see many around Massachusetts but.....

...when I think of old unrestored Mopars, I think of 1 car.  Might be interesting since you're from Canada (Sorry, not sure what part you are from).

About 20 years ago, I used to drive up to Montreal a lot and after going through the border of Canada, I forgot what highway leads to Highway 10, (I think it was 133?), about 5-10 minutes going through the border on the right hand side there used to sit a white 1970 Plymouth Superbird on the side of the road.  I used to see it almost everytime I drove up.  Once, in the next house over was a Grabber Blue I think Boss 302/Mach 1.

Sorry, not a Mopar but.....

Several months ago, I was getting gas, just looking around.  I saw a car carrier with several cars on it.  I thought, "Dodge Caravan, Grand Prix....60's Mustang?"  I looked closer from where I was and it had Shelby tailights and center exit exhaust!  I thought that was weird so I got in the car and caught up next to the car carrier.  The Mustang had faded Acapulco Blue paint with a wide faded yellow stripe, about 6 inches tall going down the side.  The car was on the top level of the carrier so it was hard to see the top.  I followed the stripe and it said "GT500" near the nose.  I then saw "428 Cobra Jet" emblems on the side.  The car looked like it had the original paint but had a little primer on the passenger door.  It had the 70's style side pipes with rust patina on it, looking like it was pulled out of a garage after many years of storage but since it was on the top level of the car carrier, it must be able to move on it's own power.  I pulled forward of the carrier and saw the nose and saw wide chrome trim and concluded that it was a '69/'70 Shelby Mustang GT 500 with the 428 CObra Jet.  SOrry, not a Mopar but it was so cool to see that car on the car carrier in a survivor sort of state.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Marty73

• '73 Challenger
I just got a line on an original 71 318 Challenger that the original owner (older woman - about 60) is thinking about selling

I've been seeing this car for the last 5 years and have always wondered. Wife works at a local pub and the lady who owns it turned out to be a regular

Now - if I can just get first crack at it - from the road, it looks rust free and she still drives it daily
Comin' at ya like a herd of turtles

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Some guy by the name of Ben had a place in Mountain View (Moffett Field hangar nearby) called Dreamcar Garage. It had a bunch of Mopars in various states being worked on.
Went to his shop one day back in 02' or 03' and he had a 340 71 Cuda survivor in Orange. It looked like it had been sitting for 20 years, dust included.

His shop is gone now and I never saw that car again.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline lee01

I found a very nice 75 Duster that is a drive away home, less then 60000miles on it, come with original tire! Never been taking apart, 318 auto, gold/brown paint with white top and white/brown interior. Not the nicest combo, still all there and in perfect condition. The only thing needed is lower quarter work. Although the picture show aftermarket wheels, the original tires, wheels and mud flap are included.

The car belong to a little old lady.
With this picture, I can't argue!
Current Project
73 'Cuda 360

Offline troutstreamnm

:roflsmiley: She must have been small!  I've never seen a pedal block actually installed on a car.   Of course, maybe her industrious 10-yr old grandson installed that  :lol2:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500