Author Topic: I have been sick the last week or so, but im getting better  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
I have been sick the last week or so, but im getting better
« on: September 26, 2009 - 01:20:36 PM »
I didnt take the time to go to the doctor, and went through 2 near death occurances a couple of days ago. I almost didnt make it.  One in particular was I was 50 ft in the air, harnessed up to a 3000 lbs machine, I had asked for a firewatch since there was a 100% chance I would start a fire. Well, they didnt take me serious enough and I was trapped up on my machine encased in a 30 ft flame and had to pass through it to climb down and extinguish the fire myself.  I was already in pain from being sick, feeling knumb when bent over,and could hardly breath as it was. It took me close to 45 minutes. I was sick and very sore, I had a fever of over 102 all day. After the last flame was out, the plant had saw they had left me alone and started giving me more attention and the last few days gave me all the help I needed. But for about 3 minutes of that one particular time, I thought I may be seeing the last of my life in front of me.  I am starting to feel better today now and eating again to. I had been really sick

I am sorry if I have seemed a bit edgy and nippy here. Believe me, it was not intentional. A fever had me delirious and confused and I could not stop to get myself right.  I am known to live on the maximum of endurance. Age is a factor I am learning to deal with as time ticks by

I have some things here I have to ship to you guys that have been waiting for. I have to go out of the country oct 5 for a few days, but if I can find time, I will get these things out to you.  I have been wound tight on my schedule for many weeks in a row, im hoping things slow down to a normal soon.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Re: I have been sick the last week or so, but im getting better
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009 - 01:27:59 PM »
Alan,

Hey man sorry to hear you have been so sick and stressed.  Maybe you should go to the doctor and see about some help with some of the smaller things that have you hindered.  Hang in there bro we love ya!

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009 - 01:53:56 PM »
Glad to hear you came through the fire alright. It is sort of depressing to realize you cannot do all that you could at a younger age. People who say age is a state of mind dont have to do heavy manual labor. Take care of yourself and if the break does not come soon enough, make one for yourself. I know your company needs and values you so they will understand it if you wag that middle finger at them from time to time   :bigsmile:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009 - 02:12:32 PM »
Fire is nothing to fool around with...    :nono:   High fever isn't either...    :grinno:   
Glad you are on the rebound Al....    :grinyes:    :cheers:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009 - 02:18:29 PM »
I am glad you are starting to feel better.  Hope it continues to improve for you.  I agree neither thing is something to ignor or fool around with   :nono:  Please take better care of yourself for all of us. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009 - 02:23:52 PM »
Glad you're Ok Al.

I almost didnt make it.  One in particular was I was 50 ft in the air, harnessed up to a 3000 lbs machine, I had asked for a firewatch since there was a 100% chance I would start a fire. Well, they didnt take me serious enough and I was trapped up on my machine encased in a 30 ft flame and had to pass through it to climb down and extinguish the fire myself.

I would say next time this type of similiar situation somewhere else, is to give the management of what might happen based from this experience. Your life is nothing to take lightly.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009 - 02:38:37 PM »
glad you start feeling better Alan.   You burn your fingers one way or another when working sick...  :2cents:
take care
*** Bart ***

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009 - 05:49:33 PM »
Wow Alan :22yikes:
It seems that you had some similar experiences last summer in regards to safety and near fatal accidents. Weren't you nearly crushed by some falling equipment?? Sounds to me like a call to OSHA. I've seen a few things in my time including a man having his legs severed by a mooring line that snapped. Please be careful. If the company can't meet your safety demands, then I would report it and walk away. Life is too precious and too short! I am glad you are safe and feeling better. Take this near death accident serious and look out for No. 1 as no one else may do it!! Life is job one!! Safety first!! We want you around to run Mopar Alan's parts garage!! We luv ya Alan and I know miss Peggy wants you around much longer!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

sleepychallenger

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009 - 06:19:07 PM »
Alan,

Good to know that you are still up and kicken, but take it easy too.

moparniac

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009 - 06:26:18 PM »
Get well alan......  :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009 - 06:36:11 PM »
Hey Al,
Get well soon bud.

Also, be aware of stubborness, it is a disease that can kill. Know when to back away & say "no", wisdom is the best antidote.   :2cents:

Barry

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009 - 07:19:04 PM »
Wow Alan, this must of been right after i called you the morning before it happened ? Where was your offsider ? it should be mandatory to have someone spotting when you are so high in the air with a high risk evaluation made.  I hope you start to realize that this is real and you only get one shot at life, start demanding that you need at least one person by your side at all times mate, that is the least the company can do.  And hope you are truely feeling better than when we talked my friend. Kenny.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009 - 07:19:29 PM »
Sorry to hear that Alan. Get well soon!!! :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009 - 07:24:08 PM »
I had to work without my helper this trip. Peggy and I just got back in a few mins ago. We went to find the next job around bullitt99's area.  I am thinking about making up a will now. But havent told peggy yet.  Im hoping I feel better by tomorrow. Today wasnt bad and I didnt work either.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009 - 07:26:14 PM »
Alan maybe it's time to wind down a bit? Get your speed shop going and cut back on the old job maybe? :dunno: It's an outside view I have of course but brother ya never see a U-Haul behind a Hearst! TAKE IT EASY!  It ain't worth it! That job is going to kill you! Work to live, not live to work!  Sorry if I'm out of line but sheesh you are stubourn!
God Bless brother!
  Brad
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0