Author Topic: Have you ever seen another e-body with a vin that was close to yours  (Read 435 times)

Offline loco340cuda

I was looking at Cudas today on ebay and I noticed one of them that was just four numbers away from mine (the last 3 digits on the car was 997 and mine is 993).  It was an LA built Cuda just like mine and it was built on the same day as mine, December 5th.  The interesting thing is that the fender tag font was different then mine.  I know the LA plant used a different fonts for the fender tag but I'm wondering why they would be different if they were built on the same day.

Anyone ever found another car that had a vin number with in a few of yours?

1970 Cuda 340 4-speed - now stroked to 416ci (SOLD)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Have you ever seen another e-body with a vin that was close to yours
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009 - 03:56:35 AM »
I know of 3 TA cars within 4 # as in 1,2&4 , we know where #3 is as well but it is an Automatic car not 4 spd like the other 3
 I also know of 2 pairs of sequential cars

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009 - 04:11:56 AM »
...about 25 years ago I owned a Lime T/A 4-spd....a friend of mine a few miles from my house also owned a Lime T/A...they were sequential numbers...there was a magazine article about them once...sold mine, he still has his(owned it for 35 years)...both cars were sold new in the area

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009 - 04:32:19 PM »
LA had more than one person stamping the tags on different machines. It is common to see cars with sequential VINs with the different fonts.

Just because the VIN is close & the SPD is the same does NOT mean that the cars were built the same day.  ;)