Author Topic: I just bought this carb kit. What do you think?  (Read 473 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
I just bought this carb kit. What do you think?
« on: October 04, 2009 - 07:27:00 PM »
My 6pk is completely stock all the way.  I have a bigger cam, more compression, and bigger valves than stock installed.  The carbs work perfect but seem lean. When I cruise at rpms over 3k or so, my stock manifolds turn white in places. The plugs are j10y and look like new. I bought this dirrect connection kit hoping that when I install the 499 6pk in my car this month, this will help it out, since I have even more compression, more cubes, and a bigger cam and headers.  Anyone ever tried this factory kit?  I bought it. Im not planning on track tuning this car either. I just wanted to richen it up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190327137090&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: I just bought this carb kit. What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009 - 01:52:09 AM »
that should work for you or you can buy the Promax plates that allow the use of std threaded Holley jets in the outboard carbs

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: I just bought this carb kit. What do you think?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009 - 07:33:14 AM »
Sounds like an interesting conversion Alan...... Let us know when you do get to install it, i think it may even be good to try it out in your current set up, sounds like you would like it a little richer anyway :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.