Author Topic: Finally starting to restore my '72 Cuda  (Read 5915 times)

wagesofsin

Re: Finally starting to restore my '72 Cuda
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009 - 08:38:23 PM »
ospho is permanent rust treatment... period.
other than actually cutting out the affected area(s), thats the closest ive ever seen to actually stopping it .
its a chemical used in the marine industry and not to be taken lightly, but i use it on all my cars, and all have survived many years with no problems.

just my  :2cents:

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009 - 11:08:47 PM »
^same here, that's the first thing that goes on right after I blast all rust and paint off,next is etching primer, then epoxy,
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline wart1de

• Vivah
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010 - 07:07:43 PM »
POR-15 has failed numerous times on many restorations where people spent alot of money on bodywork and paint, just Google it.If you must have a coating that helps blocking moisture, and actually stays.  where you apply it without peeling,spend money on Silver Bullet.

I painted the entire under body of my cuda with por-15 about 6 years ago and it still looks new. I'm no professional, I just read the instructions and did as was told. For me it wasn't the easiest product i've ever used but atleast in my case, the end result has been great. Maybe those other people didn't bother to read the instructions or prepare the surface area properly.
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda
1980 Ford Falcon XD ESP
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon