Author Topic: '71 Cuda 340 TX9 Black, Billboards, Slapstik Auto!  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Mr.Krook

'71 Cuda 340 TX9 Black, Billboards, Slapstik Auto!
« on: October 23, 2009 - 07:01:34 PM »
'71 Cuda 340 TX9 Black, Billboards, Slapstik Auto!

$52,000 Trades Welcome! Looking for 4spd Big Block '71 Cuda or 1970 Chevelle SS 4spd.

Description:

Those among the Mopar faithful know that THE most desired color for a Cuda isn't pink, or lime, or orange, or yellow- The Cuda shows best in BLACK.  Restored more than 5 years ago, she began as dry, original sheet metal car.  This original-motor 340 automatic car is stands tall as an ultra clean, occasional driver. 

Exterior: Prior to her 2005 restoration, this Cuda started out as a well maintained car with all of her original body panels. As we all know, black is the most unforgiving color, showing most any flaw that was missed in body prep. The most significant flaw on the bodywork is a thumbnail-sized scratch in the drivers-side billboard stripe that does NOT go through to the paint.  Otherwise, this one shows smooth and straight, just as the day she left the paint shop.

Interior: The interior presents just as she did when she first left the assembly line with one exception, the added stereo system and console. The trunk box and console modifications are completely reversible and will be moved without damaging or altering the stock trim upon sale. All other gauges and accessories are in working order. The overall condition is very good with no significant tears, flaws, or blemishes showing only minimal wear on the frequent touch surfaces.

Mechanical: She starts faithfully at the first turn of the key. With a quick throttle response, you know why the 340 cubic inch, 275 horsepower was an option upgrade over the base 383. Acceleration is immediate and linear. This car can be driven coast-to-coast in its present condition. She is turn-key ready, no worries ready for the road.

Engine Bay/Chassis: The engine is the original, numbers matching unit, born with the car. The engine bay presents highly factory original with the original, more desirable, high flow exhaust manifolds. The photo shows an aftermarket Interstate battery, she now has an original style sealed battery. The undercarriage shows just as nice as the top, glossy black paint with all the proper suspension detail.

She is documented by her original build sheet- which confirms that the only added option are the black billboards. Bottom line, if you are looking for a highly original car with correct detail under the hood that you don't need to be afraid to kick in the pants, then this is black fish for you! Trades are welcome, looking for a '71 Big Block 4spd Cuda or 1970 big block Chevelle in similar condition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color:  TX9 Black, Black Interior, Black Billboards A/C: No
Miles:  95,846 Cruise:  No
Doors:  2 Tilt:  No
Engine:  340 CI, 275 hp, Numbers Matching Power Locks:  No
Transmission:  727 Torqueflight Slap Stik Automatic Power Steering:  Yes
Drive Train:  3.23:1 8 3/4 Sure-Grip Rearend Power Seats:  No
Body Type:  Hardtop Power Brakes:  Yes

Power Windows:  No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition: Outstanding 2
Originality Numbers Matching & Correct
Accessories:  Fog Lamps, Spoiler
Stereo:  Custom Stereo Not Included in Sale 

Call Patrick at (847) 838-3749 or  pat@showyourauto.com for more details.

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
Re: '71 Cuda 340 TX9 Black, Billboards, Slapstik Auto!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009 - 07:46:30 PM »
Hey, I know that car. I visited with you at the Spady Mopar show this year. That's one beautiful car for sure. Good luck with the sale.
Dave

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009 - 09:54:03 PM »
Beautiful car.  Good luck!
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009 - 09:48:17 AM »
Thats a great looking car,I own the twin to it :roflsmiley:
I have your car as my screen saver to keep a fire under my butt to finish mine.

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009 - 09:54:50 AM »
Tripple black!  :droolingbounce:

Very nice.
Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio

Offline DavidSL

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009 - 10:54:25 AM »
I've seen this online before - numbers matching, too! If I had the money I'd be straight in with an offer. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure it won't be around long!

That is pretty much my dream Cuda - it looks amazing in black. Ideally I'd love a four-speed, but I'd settle for an automatic for a car like this!  :2thumbs: