Front arm bushings

Author Topic: Front arm bushings  (Read 2256 times)

Offline tomsa

• My cars in swedish
Re: Front arm bushings
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009 - 08:29:08 PM »
I put a full poly-graphite kit from PST in mine, all but the lower control arm bushings are poly. The lowers are rubber. Someone here recomended not using poly for the lower bushings. I'm not sure why not. But I went with that recomendation and used rubber.

Dave :wave:

Ok I think that´s the easiest way for me to do so
The rubber bushing I can find in sweden (I hope) but probebly not the  pins
That means someone (me or a company in sweden) have to order them from US and the shipping is not cheap
I´ts better to order a lot of things at the same time

Thank for all help
 :ylsuper:

bed time for tomsa now  :sleeping:

Offline tomsa

• My cars in swedish
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009 - 07:04:25 PM »
Pressed out the shaft/pin today and found out that one of the bushings where incorrect mounted
The outher ring was damaged,probebly it has "hooked" into the edge when it was pressed so the material from the bottom of the outher ring was outside on the top if you understand how I mean  :clueless:
Bad pic but....

But I´m confused
The lower bushing that came along with the upper bushing fits in the outher ring and on the shaft  :dunno:

unfortunately I discovered that AFTER I hade taken them out of the contril arm :swear:
But one ring was damaged anyway but it should have work anyway
But the question now is if a stock rubber bushing fits           both inner and outher diam

I´m thinking of this :

listings for each type...
poly
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/bebolocoarmp.html
Rubber
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/bebolocoarmp1.html

Dave :wave:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009 - 07:06:45 PM by tomsa »

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009 - 07:42:37 PM »
The poly bushings you have should fit inside the outer LCA bushing sleeve.  The pin should then press into the new poly bushing...that's it.  I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about.

Offline tomsa

• My cars in swedish
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009 - 04:02:51 AM »
The poly bushings you have should fit inside the outer LCA bushing sleeve.  The pin should then press into the new poly bushing...that's it.  I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about.

I mean that there are 2 different pin
one for rubber bushing and one for poly bushing and they have different diam as you can see if you follow the links posted
And mine fits into the the outher LCA bushing AND on my pin that was used for rubberbushing

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009 - 11:36:34 AM »
This thread is the first time I have ever heard that there were two differnent pin sizes.  I thought the inner diameter of the poly bushing was made to accept the standard OE pin.

If your poly bushing fits inside the origonal outer bushing shell...and the pin fits inside the polu bushing...you are good to go. 

Offline tomsa

• My cars in swedish
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009 - 11:39:19 AM »
This thread is the first time I have ever heard that there were two differnent pin sizes.  I thought the inner diameter of the poly bushing was made to accept the standard OE pin.

If your poly bushing fits inside the origonal outer bushing shell...and the pin fits inside the polu bushing...you are good to go.
But I dont have any old outer bushing shell anymorde because one was damaged    :crying:

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009 - 11:42:57 AM »
Then you have two choises.  You can just not use the poly LCA bushings and install the OE rubber ones....or you can install an OE one and then remove the inner sleeve and rubber but leave the outer shell in the LCA.  That would then allow you to install your Poly bushings.

Offline tomsa

• My cars in swedish
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009 - 11:48:50 AM »
Then you have two choises.  You can just not use the poly LCA bushings and install the OE rubber ones....or you can install an OE one and then remove the inner sleeve and rubber but leave the outer shell in the LCA.  That would then allow you to install your Poly bushings.
I understand that but I was just confused about that the inner diam on the bushing fits onto the pin when it´s a smaller diam on the pic of the poly pin
But I will buy rubber bushings and mount them

purple1 had been recomended not to use poly in the LCA
U know the reason of that?

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009 - 11:55:54 AM »
I had also posted that fact but I was just passing along info that I had read years ago.  For some reason, some people don't like the Poly bushings in the LCA because they don't possitivley "lock" the pin in place or something like that.  I don't know where the LCA would go though.  It's held in with the strut rods and the torsion bars.  You can do what ever you want.  Personally I went with the OE bushings in my LCA's and Poly everywhere else.  I've heard that the ride is a little better doing it that way but who really knows for sure. 

Offline tomsa

• My cars in swedish
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009 - 12:00:47 PM »
I had also posted that fact but I was just passing along info that I had read years ago.  For some reason, some people don't like the Poly bushings in the LCA because they don't possitivley "lock" the pin in place or something like that.  I don't know where the LCA would go though.  It's held in with the strut rods and the torsion bars.  You can do what ever you want.  Personally I went with the OE bushings in my LCA's and Poly everywhere else.  I've heard that the ride is a little better doing it that way but who really knows for sure.

Ok thanks
I think I go with the rubber bushings in the power LCA and poly in the upper