Author Topic: Daughters team competing for State this weekend  (Read 1446 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: Daughters team competing for State this weekend
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009 - 10:03:31 PM »
The girls lost 1-0. They held off a very talented and agressive Rio Rancho team. There were a few girls on the Cleveland high team that play extremely dirty though. Think of the UNM Lobo player that just got busted mashing those BYU players on Sportscenter last night. That kind of play has no place on a soccer field. The Lobos are an Albuquerque team lol. Ironic that we lost one girl to a torn ACL and another to a vicious blind hit that sent her into a seizure on the field. I guess thats the way they play in Albuquerque   :clueless:
A girl even tried to leg sweep my daughter which is supposed to be a no-no and an instant red card for violent conduct.  The ref talked to her, not even a yellow  :dunno:
Thanks for all the support guys, maybe next year we can try it again with different results.

P.S. the clip with the violent UNM player is on msn's main page on the sports section.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009 - 10:07:49 PM by bb71challenger »
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009 - 10:07:08 PM »
Bad luck to your daughter Brett :wave: sad that dirtyness is a part of sports, hope she is taking the loss as best she can, there is always next time :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009 - 10:13:11 PM »
Bad luck to your daughter Brett :wave: sad that dirtyness is a part of sports, hope she is taking the loss as best she can, there is always next time :2thumbs:

Thanks Ken. Surprisingly she has shrugged it off and is looking forward to Softball and next years Soccer season. I dont know when she decided to play softball over track but I am elated. I actually think she is a better softball player than soccer and I love watching her racing around the outfield running down line drives. I am excited for Spring now   :bigsmile:
*Brett*

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009 - 10:16:34 PM »
Thanks Ken. Surprisingly she has shrugged it off and is looking forward to Softball and next years Soccer season. I dont know when she decided to play softball over track but I am elated. I actually think she is a better softball player than soccer and I love watching her racing around the outfield running down line drives. I am excited for Spring now   :bigsmile:
Looks like we will be lloking forward to future profress reports on how she is doing then :2thumbs: always seemed strange that the girls had that monster ball in softball to throw around compared to a baseball :clueless:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009 - 10:18:16 PM »
l can tell you one thing for sure, there is nothing soft about that sunuva***** at all. It hurts. Funny thing is with the closeness of the mound, baseball players find it almost impossible to hit a well pitched softball while girls can hit the piss ouf of the baseball   :smilielol:
*Brett*