Stolen Challenger R/T recovered!

Author Topic: Stolen Challenger R/T recovered!  (Read 9458 times)

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: Stolen Challenger R/T recovered!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009 - 06:18:46 PM »
Am I wrong or does the story not render this statement erroneous

He said Govier has an impeccable reputation and any fender tag he produces is legitimate.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009 - 10:54:19 PM »
I always have the local police run a vin on any old car I am looking at buying.......its free service of your locals in black and white :bigsmile:
1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009 - 06:01:49 PM »
Am I wrong or does the story not render this statement erroneous

He said Govier has an impeccable reputation and any fender tag he produces is legitimate.
   Bullitt you dog you beat to it . :clapping:
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009 - 06:16:30 PM »
I have had over 125 mopars and find it odd that when people with extensive mopar records get a brain fart and think they can fill in the voids with new or altered cars sooner or later they mess up .I have added options to many cars and a few have showed up lately with tags that match the changes and i can say im more than just disappointed in the top ring of respected  collectors and a few restoration shops with access . sorry for the rant but i have seen way to much crap and its fueled by blind faith in the almighty leaders of this great hobby .  eyes wide open .:villagers:
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009 - 09:25:45 PM »
 "I have seen way to much crap and its fueled by blind faith in the almighty leaders of this great hobby"

I fully agree, Who said that Mr. G. (or others) is/ are the ultimate authority, In recent years with the sky high prices being commanded for these mopars, who is to say that for the right price or under enough pressure, Mr. G (or others) might be willing to put anything on a fender tag.

Offline challengermaniac

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009 - 10:17:13 PM »
I'm thinking that Christophersen did not know the car was stolen when he laid out $45k for it and once he got enough info from the grandson to support it having being stolen, Christopherson did what I believe "most guys" would do as an "innocent owner" and attempt to recover the $ he had into it------ knowing that once the FBI/Police got involved he would likely loose everything.  There's likely only one crook here and let's hope he is laughing in his grave!

Charlie
70 Challenger
69 Camaro RS       
Charlie
70 Challenger 340/4 Purple
70 Challenger T/A Red
Edmonds, WA

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009 - 04:47:31 PM »
Heres one some of you might remember
Last year a very rare Ferrari(1of36) was found about ten miles from my home that was stolen a long time ago(or claimed to be)I read in the local paper the other day that the gentleman that had bought this car a few years back and owned it when the FBI showed up had the car handed back to him.Sounds like some Insurance fraud was found on the earlier owners.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010 - 01:28:24 AM »
Bumping since the owner just joined the forum.

Offline ek3

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010 - 10:45:13 PM »
I wasn't talking about Christophersen.  They mentioned other people in that story that once owned the car.  There was no need to say their names.
one of them already has a criminal back ground... thought you would like to know that.i will say that cappicino was drawn into this deal and i do not think he had any knowlage whatsoever about the theft .. i did contact him and he reluctantly  helped which may have caused  some issues due to assocaition. there were many others and they did not get named. when i first located the car the people said fred engelhart knew all about that car and that they were curious about the title . fred assured them he would buy the car back if there was any issues down the road! now fred has issues with the feds..

Offline Blue Stone

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010 - 11:04:25 PM »

Those links don't come up anymore but here is a link to a Chevy sit that has the whole story, it was too long for cut and paste,,,,,,,,  http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/429616/an/0/page/0   An amazing story and Congrats to Buddy for the return of his Grandfathers Challenger,,,,,,,

I got to wonder how yoy can trust the biggest Guru in Mopars when he for a fee will make you a false fender tag, there something very wrong with that  :22yikes:.......

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010 - 11:14:35 PM »
Yeah, I wonder if anyone has asked the gumbers nuru what he thinks of this whole mess?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline ek3

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010 - 11:29:03 PM »
i tryed to but ................no reply

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010 - 08:29:15 AM »
i tryed to but ................no reply

Dosen't surprise me, I couldn't even get him to reply and make right an order he did for me, and it was just a typo goof. He's a real tird.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger