Anybody Wonder What Copenhagen Agreement Is

Author Topic: Anybody Wonder What Copenhagen Agreement Is  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Moparpena

• Project Challenger r/t
Re: Anybody Wonder What Copenhagen Agreement Is
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009 - 06:49:07 PM »
Clobal warming, oh how nice excuse to make us all pay.
Pay more tax if your car is old and "non-eco-friendly".
Pay much more to upgrade your houses waste management system to way that new enviroment laws say.
Few examples from Finland.

They say the word of the day is ECO.
I say its  :banghead:
Dodge Challenger r/t 1970, fc7 car. Restoration link below:
http://penasgarage.blogspot.com/

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009 - 08:31:14 PM »
From the Mike Church Show on Sirius Satellite radio's Patriot 144
http://www.mikechurch.com/joomla/daily-tao-of-dude-transcripts/trees-global-warming-and-a-sense-of-humor.html

When the whole carbon malarkey started coming out about the global warming foolishness, first thing I thought of was, okay, so if we have so much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere that it’s causing a greenhouse effect, well, carbon dioxide’s heavier than air.  It would have had to build from the ground up.  So we’d either be asphyxiated by now, or we would have been living in a primordial jungle because of all the plant growth; you know?
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009 - 10:05:38 PM »
People are like sheep...... :walkaway: What happened to the hole in the ozone layer? The sky is falling again Chickenlittle?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009 - 10:07:40 PM by brads70 »
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline 70 383 SE

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009 - 10:07:35 PM »
The ice caps are melting and so are the glacier`s, since the end of the ice age I would suspect  :violin: But no one ever talks about all the new snow that is dropped on the ice caps and glacier`s the other 8 month`s of the year.  :clueless:
70 383 SE Chally,2010 Chevy Silerado LTZ 4x4 crew-cab ,wifes car 2010 Honda Accord coupe......need to save gas somewhere.....hehehe

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009 - 10:14:52 PM »
Or the fact that our bodies are what 98% water and there has never been this many people on the face of the earth! Haven't I heard all the belly aching about the lack of fresh water in the world? The ice caps are melting and it's a problem? :eek7:
It all revolves around power and money! Enabled my ignorant people...
Forest Gump's Mom is a genius....stupid is as stupid does! :clueless:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009 - 10:22:04 PM »
I believe for the amount we produce and manufacture, and the regulations we have in place, we're probably the cleanest country on earth.

At least we're not in first place. China gets 1st.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_top_10_polluting_countries_in_the_world
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009 - 10:26:44 PM by Topcat »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline priderocks

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009 - 12:12:19 AM »
With all of their real time satellite images and computers, scientists still cannot tell me with certainty if it is going to rain in my town tomorrow. They are uncertain if an El Nino will form this year, and if it does how strong it will be. They are equally uncertain about the intensity, direction and time of landfall of a hurricane. Yet scientists, with data in hand taken over a miniscule span of geologic time, are in near-lockstep predicting certain calamity for humanity due to global warming. This is not an inconvenient truth, it is a convenient conspiracy.

This is not about science, but about power, prestige, and grant money. Like sharks at a fish boil, they smell the blood of fame and influence. Tenured, bored, with laptop in the dingy basement of some jerkwater college, they sense an opportunity at last to rise from obscurity and leave their mark on the human race.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009 - 05:07:24 AM »
With all of their real time satellite images and computers, scientists still cannot tell me with certainty if it is going to rain in my town tomorrow. They are uncertain if an El Nino will form this year, and if it does how strong it will be. They are equally uncertain about the intensity, direction and time of landfall of a hurricane. Yet scientists, with data in hand taken over a miniscule span of geologic time, are in near-lockstep predicting certain calamity for humanity due to global warming. This is not an inconvenient truth, it is a convenient conspiracy.

This is not about science, but about power, prestige, and grant money. Like sharks at a fish boil, they smell the blood of fame and influence. Tenured, bored, with laptop in the dingy basement of some jerkwater college, they sense an opportunity at last to rise from obscurity and leave their mark on the human race.

:iagree:   Well written & thought out.    :2thumbs:
Dave

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009 - 06:53:11 AM »
At least we're not in first place. China gets 1st.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_top_10_polluting_countries_in_the_world

Dont believe everything you read, especially a "recent study conducted in England".
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009 - 07:02:46 AM »
they sense an opportunity at last to rise from obscurity and leave their mark on the human race.

Until history proves them very very wrong. :violin:

I just hope that this time, these charlatans are actually held accountable, but I doubt that will happen. Al Gore is a modern day "chicken little", I swear. For flunking out of Divinity school, he reminds me so much of one of those old school fire and brimstone roadside preachers, who doesnt let you leave his tent without a large donation "to the cause"
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009 - 07:46:47 AM »
If we were to stop everything we are doing, go back to the Stone Age, not even use fire, kill off all the cows, the Earth would still produce 99.7% of the greenhouse gasses that are being produced at present.  Yep, we make a whopping .3% of all the greenhouse gasses (actually a bit less).

How the frick does this make any difference ?

Oh, and in the news this morning:  Ozone Al lied again. 
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/copenhagen-climate-change-confe/6815470/Copenhagen-climate-summit-Al-Gore-condemned-over-Arctic-ice-melting-prediction.html

P.G.

O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009 - 01:20:31 PM »
 :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:  :drunk: :popcorn:  :drunk: :popcorn:  :drunk: :popcorn:  :drunk: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

I really think something should be done to save our planet.... It would look so ugly if everyone drives a smart car...
*** Bart ***

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009 - 05:27:06 PM »

I really think something should be done to save our planet....

There would be more oxygen if Al Gore shut up.    :misbehaving:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.