1968 Charger R/T - SOLD!

Author Topic: 1968 Charger R/T - SOLD!  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Troy

Re: 1968 Charger R/T
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010 - 02:33:07 PM »
My parents live in house right next to the golf course, in the older neighborhood.  Their yard backs up to one of the greens.  I work just a couple miles away from there at a company called L-3 Communications.  People at work are always asking me when I'm going to drive one of my cars to work but I'm always just too paranoid to leave them sitting out in the parking lot all day.
I drive through that neighborhood to get Penn Station fairly often.

I leave my cars in the parking lot with no worries (although I leave my car in a lot of places with no worries). I figure if my boss is ok with leaving his Murcielago out there I'll be all right with my pile of junk.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Offline PlumCrazyRTSE

Re: 1968 Charger R/T
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010 - 11:46:02 PM »
I drive through that neighborhood to get Penn Station fairly often.

I leave my cars in the parking lot with no worries (although I leave my car in a lot of places with no worries). I figure if my boss is ok with leaving his Murcielago out there I'll be all right with my pile of junk.

Troy

Not to try to make you as paranoid as me but my guess is that an old Mopar is a lot easier to part out and sell on eBay than a Murcielago would be.

Do you remember the old Van Leunens stores?  Well, I worked at the one in Mason when I was in high school (eons ago) and one of the guys I worked with had just bought a new 1979 Camaro Z28.  One day we were back in the stockroom talking and another coworker walked in and ask the guy with the Z28 why his car was being towed.  The Z28 owner thought he was kidding at first but walked to the front of the store to check anyhow.  To his surprise two guys in a tow truck were just pulling out of the parking lot with his new Z.  He ran out yelling for them to stop but they took off, so he called the cops.  Well, a cop car spotted the tow truck over in Maud about 15 minutes later and pulled them over, so my coworker did eventually get his car back.  He was very lucky in that regard.  The cops told him that they had suspected the two guys in the tow truck of being part of a car thief ring for some time.  However, these two guys did actually have a legitimate towing service and they had told the cops that someone had called them and ask them to pick up the Z and take it back to their shop for some work.  The cops told my coworker that, due to the circumstances, they really couldn’t charge these guys with anything.  I remember all of that like it was yesterday and I think it’s probably the reason I’m so paranoid about leaving my Challengers unattended for any length of time.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010 - 11:49:19 PM by PlumCrazyRTSE »
1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Six Pack, Super Track Pak, FC7 Plum Crazy Purple
1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Six Pack, Super Track Pak, FE5 Bright Red

Offline troutstreamnm

Re: 1968 Charger R/T - SOLD!
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010 - 10:47:31 PM »
Congrats on the sale Troy  :2thumbs:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500