Author Topic: Auto shifter handle options?  (Read 25409 times)

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
Re: Auto shifter handle options?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009 - 05:01:23 PM »
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2009 - 08:29:13 PM »
Hey Steve..........didn't know you made the shifter handles.....they look great.  Didn't know the wife was down either.   I may be up that way next week.  I will stop in................David
Dave or David

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009 - 11:36:45 AM »
OK, I got a minute to check my stock. I have plenty of the 70/74 style which replaces the round ball. These are clear powdercoated over a high polish of the aluminum. Very shiny, but not quite a chrome finish.

I have ONE of the 71-73 T-handle type like Brad just got. This has real chrome plating. Several are in process, but need to be plated and top cap bezels made. I'm having trouble finding a chrome-plater in NC and these may have to go back to NY to get done. "Naked" aluminum is an option if you prefer and I would discount the price for this.

With work, the Carlisle fiasco, a resto in progress and the wife's neck surgery, I've had a hard time getting anything done with Auto-Grip this year.

David, I'll be looking forward to seeing you! Some day, you'll have to come to my place to see the Challengers!

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009 - 01:16:29 PM »
OK, I got a minute to check my stock. I have plenty of the 70/74 style which replaces the round ball. These are clear powdercoated over a high polish of the aluminum. Very shiny, but not quite a chrome finish.

I have ONE of the 71-73 T-handle type like Brad just got. This has real chrome plating. Several are in process, but need to be plated and top cap bezels made. I'm having trouble finding a chrome-plater in NC and these may have to go back to NY to get done. "Naked" aluminum is an option if you prefer and I would discount the price for this.

With work, the Carlisle fiasco, a resto in progress and the wife's neck surgery, I've had a hard time getting anything done with Auto-Grip this year.

David, I'll be looking forward to seeing you! Some day, you'll have to come to my place to see the Challengers!

Just curious why the round-ball versions are not chrome plated.  Do they stand a bit shorter than the t-handle versions (appear to be)?
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009 - 01:21:18 PM »
Steve......don't know if you checked out this guy in Fayetteville,.....http://local.yahoo.com/info-13248563-chromerite-plating-incorporated-fayetteville    I got him to price the tail light trim and I will discuss with you when I come up that way..............
Dave or David

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009 - 01:56:27 PM »
Once installed, the shorties stand exactly the same height and angle as the long version.

I was promised a chrome-like appearance from the powder coater and did the whole batch of more than 100 pieces a few years back. It would cost double to strip, re-polish and chrome them.

Thanks for the info, Dave. I will be interested in speaking with you and them about the job. I'm also considering the "bright dip" process which is how headlight bezels and other exterior parts are done.

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009 - 06:01:49 PM »
-
Easy innstall..???
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009 - 06:13:05 PM »
-
Easy innstall..???

Typical installation takes just a few minutes and new hardware is included. Ask Brad, Chrycho or Bigs...

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2009 - 07:58:40 PM »
if it takes you 3 minutes you are slacking & that includes removing it from the pkg

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2009 - 10:02:15 PM »
if it takes you 3 minutes you are slacking & that includes removing it from the pkg
:iagree:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline challenged72

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2009 - 06:31:59 PM »
my gunslinger auto grip came in a few days ago, Im happy with it except for the trigger piece itself, it looks kind of cheap compared to the rest. I was expecting a polished aluminum kind of look

overall though I like it a lot

and installation, yeah about 10 seconds

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2009 - 07:13:20 PM »
my gunslinger auto grip came in a few days ago, Im happy with it except for the trigger piece itself, it looks kind of cheap compared to the rest. I was expecting a polished aluminum kind of look

overall though I like it a lot

and installation, yeah about 10 seconds

Did you buy a Gunslinger or did I sell you an Auto-Grip? ???

They are two completely different products.

Offline challenged72

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2009 - 01:03:33 AM »
I got the gunslinger, i had ordered it before i saw this post unfortunately, yours looks more like what i wanted

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2009 - 06:32:28 PM »
Brad,

Thank you for the plug on Moparts. I rarely go there, but happened to see the thread. It figures, I'm all out of chrome units and have a bunch "in process". They need finish sanding, polishing and plating.

"Naked" aluminum is an option at a discount in the meantime. Ask John wagesofsin how he likes his.

I like the guy on Moparts who says "An automatic pistol grip is like penis envy". I myself call it "The best of both worlds".  :bananasmi

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2009 - 06:42:00 PM »
Brad,

Thank you for the plug on Moparts. I rarely go there, but happened to see the thread. It figures, I'm all out of chrome units and have a bunch "in process". They need finish sanding, polishing and plating.

"Naked" aluminum is an option at a discount in the meantime. Ask John wagesofsin how he likes his.

I like the guy on Moparts who says "An automatic pistol grip is like penis envy". I myself call it "The best of both worlds".  :bananasmi
Hey no problem! I subscribe to the "support your own" or "keep it in the family" Theory. I think it looks awesome! One of my top 5 parts on my car! :2thumbs:
I figured  with the wife you might have some medical bills to pay too so this makes me feel like I'm helping out somewhat! ;D
I think it's great that you got the tooling together and designed it and made a fantastic product! Us fellow moldmakers got to stick together ya know! ;)
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0