Author Topic: A reason not to bid on this..???  (Read 1866 times)

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
A reason not to bid on this..???
« on: November 10, 2009 - 07:03:41 PM »
-
I really want a Cuda/Barracuda - 4 speed...  :burnout:

Someone knows about this.. ???

You experts, - reasons not to bid.. ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cuda_W0QQitemZ320446995173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item4a9c211ae5
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

wagesofsin

Re: A reason not to bid on this..???
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009 - 07:07:20 PM »
you want it, bid on it, it looks decent.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009 - 07:08:01 PM »
Looks like a nice car.  Wonder what happened to the 340 out of it?  I think I would call him and see if I could see it in person.  Pictures can decive and wonder what the bottom looks like and what suspension work has been done on it. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009 - 07:11:32 PM »
-
I can't just pop by to see it, since I live in Europe..  :bricks1:

What do you guys think it's gonna end at..???

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009 - 07:15:45 PM »
You just never know what it will end at buddy.  Some go high and some low.  It does have a good red paint job on it and they do seem to go high most of the time.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

wagesofsin

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009 - 07:17:05 PM »
i guess id call him, and get some more pics.
maybe some more info too.
looks like a decent car, maybe find someone close to physically view it.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009 - 07:45:51 PM »
If you call him, ask him to email some pics of the vin tag, fender tag, raditor support number and cowel number

As others said, the car looks great, but no underside pictures. The pedals are 70/71. Ask if it was converted to a 4 speed or if it is original.

I noticed the holes for the quarter chrome trim still there. Ask him if he has those 3 pieces. They cost around 350 bucks american money.

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009 - 07:46:57 PM »
-
I'll do that..

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009 - 07:55:09 PM »
Wow Looks great! I'm going to bid too OK? :poopoke:  Just kidding  :smilielol:
 I agree definitely get some pictures of the underside! rear frame rails ,floor boards, etc.
Good luck! "Hunting" is the most exciting part! Be ready for snipper bids!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009 - 07:58:25 PM »
-
Just "copy - paste" Als questions and mailed him..  :grinno:

I don't worry about snippers, if I know what it is..???

I'm not much over 20K , my bank says - - but then there will be others..  :burnout:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009 - 08:00:44 PM »
Yeah, when it said New York, the first pictures I look for are chassis and frame pics.  I saw a perfect paint job on my friends car years ago.  He jacked it up under the front and the car buckled. The frames were so soft, you could push your finger through it. He bought it for 2k and had it less than a week :smilielol:

And the charger that Dutch? bought. It looked good, he had it shipped to austraila, drove it around and was getting a big hemi for it. Now he says it needs 34k in frame work

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009 - 08:09:38 PM »
-

I don't worry about snippers, if I know what it is..???

With seconds to go in the auction a bid goes in and beats yours. That's called snipper bidding. Advantages are that you don't bid early and drive up the price, with seconds top go the other bidder can't get another bid in to bet yours. I used to get nailed by this all the time till I got high speed internet! :icon16:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline priderocks

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009 - 08:15:45 PM »
I would never bid on an item that expensive from someone with such low feedback. Some people establish minimal feedback, then list picture of an item they don't own, collect the paypal deposit, and drop off the earth.

I have purchased two cars (69 Satellite, 68 Barracuda 383 4-speed original fromula S) and regret both purchases. They were simply not as described.

I would never again buy a car on ebay unless I could check it out in person.

Offline 71cudajoe

• 71 Cuda Restoration Project
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009 - 08:23:12 PM »
Definitely check it out -- or have it checked out -- in person. You can NEVER tell what the car is really like from the photos -- no matter how many there are. Descriptions don't mean much either if you don't know the person. Some people's perception of "complete restoration" and "mint" are quite different than others -- I experienced this first hand. I've bought three cars on eBay. The only purchase I was happy with was the one I spent the time to go look at first.
David - '71 HEMI Cuda Retro-mod
FOR PICS VISIT www.71cuda.net

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009 - 08:31:23 PM »
Definitely check it out -- or have it checked out -- in person. You can NEVER tell what the car is really like from the photos -- no matter how many there are. Descriptions don't mean much either if you don't know the person. Some people's perception of "complete restoration" and "mint" are quite different than others -- I experienced this first hand. I've bought three cars on eBay. The only purchase I was happy with was the one I spent the time to go look at first.

I agree for sure have it checked out some way too many take advantage of everyone on e-bay now. 

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon