Author Topic: STEEL pieces needed. (floor and wheel well areas)  (Read 713 times)

Offline Brant

STEEL pieces needed. (floor and wheel well areas)
« on: November 11, 2009 - 09:06:50 PM »
I need the following areas, as I'm redoing my floor and rails. I don't want to spend on new wheel wells, and honestly, I'm a bit overwhelmed when I think about taking them out along with everything else. I'd rather replace the rusty areas. I've attached two images showing the areas I need. Thanks so much.

Offline GCC

Re: STEEL pieces needed. (floor and wheel well areas)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009 - 11:02:42 AM »
Hello Brant:  Here is a sample bracket I made up for my car.  It is the driver's side bracket that fits between the frame rail and the floor.  I cannot say if it is an exact duplicate, as most of mine was rusted away, but I think it is pretty close.  It is formed out of 18-ga. steel.  Would you be able to post another couple pictures of some close-ups of your bracket?  I might be able to sell you this one, or make up another one.  I am considering fabricating & selling these if there is enough demand... I have not seen these in the aftermarket yet.  Thank you!, J-

Offline Brant

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009 - 01:45:04 PM »
I'll post some pics if you really need them. That one looks good to me. I tried to make one but yours looks much better. How much you ant for that one? thanks. Let me know if you need more pics for making other ones.

Offline GCC

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009 - 02:05:14 PM »
If it's not too much of a hassle, a few more close-up pics would be great!  I'm working on that area of my car right now.  I'll figure out a price.  Do you need the passenger side as well, or is that one ok?  Have you found these in reproduction anywhere?  Thank you-

Offline Brant

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009 - 04:55:31 PM »
can't find them anywhere in reproduction. I cut the top piece off mine the other night. yours looks wonderful, the only thing I'd be worried about getting right would be the height. My floor is supposed to come in this weekend. If it does, i may be forced to make my own as well, so I can move forward.

Offline Brant

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009 - 05:05:26 PM »
anyone have wheelwell area? gonna have to try and find something around here maybe. thanks

Offline E-Body Products

• E-Body Products
  • American Jobs Are Our Children's Future!
    • E-BODY PRODUCTS
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009 - 10:39:00 PM »
I have really competitive pricing on the inner wheel tubs.  You could replace the entire inner tub with these or you could cut and patch if your would rather do it that way.

E-mail me for pricing if you are interested.  Remember, CC.com members get great discounts.

PS: I see that the picture of the inner wheel tub is from my cuda.  I actually patched these and had to make the bottoms of the trunk hinge supports (both sides) by hand.  It took me about 2 full weekends to do this.  I was very pleased with the results though.  I am glad that the pictures can help everyone.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009 - 10:52:27 PM by E-Body Products »