Author Topic: magnumforce k member  (Read 1174 times)

Offline PowerD

magnumforce k member
« on: November 12, 2009 - 12:17:25 PM »
whats everyones opinion on these? applications? functionality? going on a 72 cuda

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
Re: magnumforce k member
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009 - 02:29:51 PM »
Don't have any hands on experience with it, but I don't like how all the weight rests in the inner fenders.
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009 - 12:12:22 AM »
not a fan , they are more of a race piece + they were using a welded spindle which scares the crap out of me for street use

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline PowerD

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009 - 07:05:19 AM »
whats wrong with welded spindles? Sorry im just not familiar with custom front ends

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009 - 11:28:12 AM »
Virtually all spindles are 1 piece cast steel , by welding the spindle the metal can crack beside the weld  , I would not feel safe with the pounding a spindle takes that it would not fail

Offline PowerD

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009 - 02:58:14 PM »
Virtually all spindles are 1 piece cast steel , by welding the spindle the metal can crack beside the weld  , I would not feel safe with the pounding a spindle takes that it would not fail

This car is mostly going to be on the track, but still street legal.  Sorry to keep asking dumb questions, but why would welded spindles be good for race apps?

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009 - 03:26:43 PM »
Welded spindles are ok for drag racing because a dragstip has a nice smooth surface (generally) and you are only going (for the most part) in a straight line and of course only a quarter mile at a time, compared to normal street driving, with bad road conditions like pot holes, lots of turns, and usually a lot more driving then a quarter mile at a time. Welded spindles also help keep the weight down which is beneficial in a dragracing setting. So to sum it up spindles on the street see a lot more abuse and more forces exerted on them compared to drag racing.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline cudasteve72

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009 - 03:33:21 PM »
Are there any complete front end kits such as this or the alterkation that would be more aplicable for for a street/ strip car or is the general concensses to upgrade stock pieces?
1972 Cuda Custom 70 clone  416 stroker 481/531 hp/
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8 (daily)
1970 Challenger convertible 340 (Dad's)
1967 Dart gt slant six all original 40,000 miles driver but needs restoration (Brother's)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife's)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009 - 04:28:31 PM »
The Alter-K-Tion uses Mustang II spindles so it is fine , it also incorperates a sway bar which the Magnum Force doesn`t have either

Offline GreenFish

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009 - 07:41:17 AM »
From what I can tell there are three or four main players in the after market front end business that includes a new tubular K member, Magnum force, XV, AlterKtion, and one other, I think it was on a Mr. Norms car (Cap auto) or something like that. From what I could tell the CAP set up was more straight line track purpose built ( i could be wrong). The XV is big money but probably the best one out there, (if you can afford it) The Magnum Force requires you to reinforce your shock towers and is pretty expensive as well. They have different set ups for street/strip.  The AlterK seems like the best all purpose easy to install bang for your buck complete front end kit.

However

I was going to go with an AlterKtion front end but then watched the Jay Leno piece for Hotchkis challenger. Its on the Hotchkis site and Jay Leno's garage. You can save a ton of cash by combining Hotchkis parts with Firm Feel parts and have a real nice front end.  You can also do the rear included for a few grand less.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009 - 12:13:28 PM by GreenFish »
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI