Author Topic: Well, here is the finished result!  (Read 11740 times)

Offline resq302

Re: Well, here is the finished result!
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2009 - 09:41:18 PM »
Like you requested I did find one minor incorrect installation detail - the plastic splash shields that fasten to the underside of the subframe next to the front strut bars are pop riveted in place, not bolted. They are very large diameter pop rivets (normal shank size) and you can buy them although I can't remember where I got them. If you need me to research that let me know.

Already have them and just have to wait till the next time I am at my parents house to install them.

Offline 472 R/T SE

« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2009 - 11:15:02 PM »
Is the brushed on red paint on the drums for road wheels/ralleys only a B body thing?

Awesome that your folks drive such a finely restored vert.  :thumbsup:
HELP SUPPORT THE REGISTRIES because all cars matter.

I like to sleep For I'm walking in my dreams.
Live life like every DAY is your last!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2009 - 12:04:41 AM »
The dual snorkleless air cleaner was a 1970 340 thing only to my knowledge.

I am fairly sure it was offered on 71's as well. My brother in law is 2nd owner of a 71 340 'Cuda. He bought it in 1983 from the original owner, it was bone stock down to the 14" rallye wheels. He changed out the 71 Thermoquad carb but kept the air cleaner with the pie tin. It is identical to the one on your car. Man the detail on the car is phenominal, something to really be proud of.   :2thumbs:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline resq302

« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2009 - 08:56:17 AM »
If memory serves me right, for 1971 the air cleaner was pretty much the same except it had the snorkles on it.  I could be wrong though.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2009 - 08:28:09 AM »
I am not knowledgable about the details of these cars to find things wrong.    :grinno:   But I know enough to know that is one fine Chally....     :2thumbs:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline resq302

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2009 - 07:20:08 PM »
I am not knowledgable about the details of these cars to find things wrong.    :grinno:   But I know enough to know that is one fine Chally....     :2thumbs:

Thank you Ken, you are too kind. :bigsmile:

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2009 - 08:22:04 PM »
The car looks sweet. Great pics! Thanks for showing  :thinkerg:

Lunchbox

Offline brianz426

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2010 - 01:28:37 PM »
Sorry I'm a little late to this party. I have to say you did an awesome job. I think your car looks great, I'd even keep the white top. They are a pain to keep clean, but I think a white car and a white soft top look great together. I have a '70 Lemans Sport Convertible, white, white top & red interior. It's been 15 years since I restored the car and the top has held up well (although it's been a lot of work). Now that it has lost some of it's brightness in contrast to the paint I find myself enjoying the car more with the top down and I don't worry about putting it up and down so much. I've thought about going to black at replacement time but I think I would miss that all white look. I love the all white look on your Challenger, thanks for sharing the pics.