Author Topic: Killer_Mopar's progress thread  (Read 13846 times)

Offline Killer_Mopar

Re: Killer_Mopar's progress thread
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009 - 08:43:02 PM »
My baby comes home in 1 week..... :bigsmile: :woo: :woohoo: :cooldancing:

For once I'm glad I have finals week and work ahead of me....because if I didnt have that to keep me busy, I would be anxious to get this thing home. Good news is that work looks like it is going to slow down and I graduate after next week.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

wagesofsin

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009 - 08:54:19 PM »
very nice!!!    :wow: :droolingbounce: :2thumbs:

Offline Travis72

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009 - 11:07:05 PM »
Looks great.  Can't wait to see pictures of it out in the sun.  Congrats on graduating too!!

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009 - 01:31:41 PM »
Well I got her home over the weekend....now the fun begins :icon16: These pics dont show the gold pearl all that well, when he sun hits the pearl it really lights up.....Sorry I dont have pictures of it out in the sun yet.....I'll try to get some the next sunny day we have in ohio.

Offline Cuda1971

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009 - 01:47:09 PM »
WOW really nice :clapping:
Keep on the good work.
Roger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009 - 03:55:22 PM »
That thing is going to look awesome in the sun.     :wow:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009 - 04:01:22 PM »
Lookin' great! :ylsuper:
I see you have a stove in the garage - you could spend days in there and never leave :roflsmiley:
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009 - 04:14:18 PM »
Great Color......Could we call that Killer Orange?
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009 - 04:30:03 PM »
looks great...  :bananasmi   
*** Bart ***

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009 - 05:03:04 PM »
 :2thumbs: Looks great! :clapping:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009 - 05:08:26 PM »
That is an awesome color. You going with a black top or a different color?  Sweet car :2thumbs:

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009 - 09:11:06 PM »
Thanks everyone for the comments. I am really happy to see it back home....it seems everything is coming together well for me. Just finished college, just got my car back, and it looks like work is going to slow back down...so I will have time to work on it ;D
Going to start with cleaning up the floor pans, they were partially POR-15'd but I have to do the underside of the dash area still and add a little sounds deadener. After that, I will move onto the under body, then work the front suspension, then the engine, then....then....then....then...the list goes on forever :lol: But I dont mind :thumbsup:

That is an awesome color. You going with a black top or a different color?  Sweet car :2thumbs:

Black top, black interior. Only 3 colors on my car.....black, orange, and chrome :roflsmiley: Its an SE, so there is lots of shiny stuff; plus I am going to run 17' cragar S/S' all the way around.

Lookin' great! :ylsuper:
I see you have a stove in the garage - you could spend days in there and never leave :roflsmiley:

Stove is for powder coating....something that I just recently took up. You are right about staying in there for days though. I told my father that if he paid for the skeleton of the building that I would help build it and buy the garage tools. I think we both made off pretty good in the deal :lol: I use to do construction for years and built several of these buildings, my father has a long history of building and is an electrician by trade, and we have several family members that do construction or construction related fields.....so it wasnt so bad. Just need to tie up the loose ends and it will be done (insulation, drywall, etc). The garage delayed my car for about a year, but I wouldnt have it any other way...I love that garage almost as much as I love my car.

Its funny because Im 23 and still live at home....when people that first meet me and find that out, they ask me "why?"......then they see how nice I have it and they understand. I couldnt afford to have this car or wouldnt have a place to work on it if I didnt stay at home, but then again....somehow I became the family mechanic because of it :roflsmiley: Anyhow, more pictures to come as I make progress :2thumbs:

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009 - 01:05:46 PM »
Love that color.  I'm looking forward to seeing some  :picture: in the sunlight.  :2thumbs:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009 - 09:02:46 PM »
Your car looks great love the color too  :2thumbs:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010 - 04:40:33 PM »
Well time for a LONG needed update. I have been swamped with work and other projects since I got the car back (funny how it seems I had more time before :stomp:) The car sat in December because of the holidays. Flash forward to mid January when I started working on the interior. For some reason, my father decided to tar the interior back in the 70s to prevent rust. Although it wasn't going to be seen, I wanted it gone. So it had to be scraped, then wire brushed, then scraped again, then wire brushed again, then solvent was applied, and finally I Eastwood' rust encapsulated the whole thing. (BTW, kudos to Eastwood for a superb product). It doesnt sound like a lot of work, but something like 80 hrs later :pullinghair:, it was done. I know, I know - :useless: So see below.....more to come on the next post.....