Author Topic: Killer_Mopar's progress thread  (Read 13845 times)

Offline Killer_Mopar

Re: Killer_Mopar's progress thread
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010 - 04:51:34 PM »
After the floor pans were done, the car was pushed in the corner so I could do mechanic work on other people's cars. However, in the last couple weeks I had been working on the suspension and engine when I had a chance. I dropped the whole front suspension (k-member and all), media blasted it, and then powder coated what I could. The LCAs were reinforced and the torsion bars were upgraded. The engine was pretty much brand new, so I scuffed it down and painted it. Which leads me to last weekend when I dropped the car on top of it all ;D I didnt have time to rebuild the 833 O/D I have for it, but no biggie because I had a rebuilt regular 833 sitting in the corner....having to put the O/D 833 in just gives me something to do later....plus with a lift now, its ridiculous easy to put in...speaking of which, I love installing engines from the bottom - not a single scratch or chip to the paint :cooldancing: Anyhow.... a couple pictures below :icon16:

*POOF* magic.....engine instantly appears

I also took the time to install something that has been sitting on my shelf for 4 years :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:drool:

and finally....what it looks like with my 17x8 cragars thrown on
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010 - 05:01:34 PM »
schweet!!!  :cheers: you will be riding in no time!
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline 70shaker6pk

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010 - 10:59:30 AM »
Looking GREAT!!
'JS23V0B'  1970 Challenger R/T N96 440 Six Pack

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010 - 02:13:27 PM »
nice work   :thumbsup:    those brake calipers look superb... I`d consider mounting them to the hood, where you can see em...  :bigsmile:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010 - 02:49:19 AM by dutch »
*** Bart ***

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010 - 08:33:33 PM »
Nice work....Lookin Good, Killer  :thumbsup:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 71gogreen

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010 - 08:59:34 PM »
very nice work,i,m considering a 2 column lift also.i,m checking on different manufactures,any recommendations?thank you :cooldancing:
71challenger-millcreek park\71challenger-millcreek

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010 - 10:22:05 PM »
very nice work,i,m considering a 2 column lift also.i,m checking on different manufactures,any recommendations?thank you :cooldancing:

I went with an Atlas 9 from Greg Smith equipment and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. I have only positive things to say about it. It showed up in less than a week and went up in a day. Just make sure you have a good hammer drill and a new bit. When it was all said and done, I had like 2100 in it. Also make sure to add an oil drain ($150-250) and a couple tall jackstands (40 bucks at harbor freight) because those are necessities. If you have money left over then make sure to pick up a transmission jack (surprisingly used quite often). I trust the thing enough to let my car sit on it for weeks at a time....

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-NINE-Two-Post-Overhead-Above-Ground-Lift-p/at-atlas-nine.htm

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2010 - 02:48:04 AM »
oh, crap....  :22yikes:    just saw I clicked the wrong smiley.....  sorry bro,  I really like your build   :ylsuper:
*** Bart ***

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2010 - 11:40:12 AM »
Looking really good!  :2thumbs:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010 - 10:59:28 PM »
Been a few weeks and figured I would post a couple pics. Although physically it doesn't look much different from last time....I redid the rear of the car and started in on the dash. For the rear I went with a Dr. Diff 1" relocation and a B-body rear. I ended up blasting the axle housing and powder coated it. I also to replace the axle bearings and redo all the other rear hardware (springs, brakes, backing plates, etc). The biggest problem I ran into was the same tar on the floorboards that I had to take off the rest of the car....it basically slowed me down a good week. I wasnt going to bother with it...but since the whole rear was out I figured it would be the easiest to do at this time. Also with the taking out of the rear end, I have officially taken EVERY bolt off the car at some point during my resto-modification :icon16:

Also ordered my rear wheels/tires and cant wait for them to get here......a small hint - they are Cragars :bigsmile: I will definitely get pictures up when they arrive....

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010 - 12:24:06 PM »
Your car is looking very nice, K_M! :grinyes: :cheers:  Those new front calipers look stellar & probably work just as well, too. :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline ambitions2

• ..we gunna make it to the finish line...
    • 72 Challenger EV-2 Project
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010 - 05:14:16 PM »
Great looking car, I like the accent the gold pearl has on the paint.  Beautiful color choice
Project: 1972 Challenger - 340 AT 8 3/4 3.23 gears
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtitan2220

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010 - 09:34:16 PM »
Looks great,  :cheers: When do we get to see some pics in the sun  :hyper:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2010 - 12:37:40 PM »
Looks great,  :cheers: When do we get to see some pics in the sun  :hyper:

Soon enough. I've been dieing to get it in the sun, however I live in Ohio.....so sunny days are rarer than Hemi cars. The wheels should be arriving thursday and Im planning on getting the top on this weekend; then all I have to do is wait for a Sunny day and I'll snag some pictures of the gold pearl :bigsmile:

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010 - 09:56:57 AM »
 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
So...the rear wheels came in :icon16: and im getting pretty anxious now - I want this thing done! I ended up going with 18x10 Cragar 612 series S/S wheels. They are basically the same wheel as the standard S/S wheels except they are all aluminum and polished instead of chromed. They are MUCH lighter than the hybrid design. The fronts are the hybrid design and are 17x8 (38lbs a piece) with 255/45/r17s. The rears are 18x10 (24lbs a piece) with 285/40/r18. I went with a 68 B-body rear end with Dr. Diff's 1" offset kit. The tires are Nitto 555s and without the relocation kit - they would definitely rub. As it sits right now, they have a little less than 1" clearance between the wheel and the springs and ~.5" between the wheel and the lips. I also lowered the car 1" in the rear via Dr. Diff's relocation kit.....anyhow check out a couple sneak peak pictures below. Sorry I couldnt get pics while it was sunny....but at least there is more light on it  ;)