Author Topic: Killer_Mopar's progress thread  (Read 13840 times)

Offline Killer_Mopar

Re: Killer_Mopar's progress thread
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010 - 10:02:58 PM »
Vinyl top is on :woohoo: - will get pictures soon.

Threw on my new tail light bezels & sill plates (thanks Dave @ Roseville) and mounted the bumper and valance - which took damn near 5 hours. Apparently someone had hit the bumper and bent the brackets. I new it was off, but after fitting it I found it to be over an inch off (at max movement). Had to do a lot of work to get it to look decent.....

The car is really starting to come together, definitely not as far as I hoped it would be at this point - but I cant complain. I'll get pictures soon  :bigsmile:
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010 - 09:36:18 PM »
Installed the front and rear glass today. Also installed all the stuff I spent the better part of the weekend buffing - it sure do look shiny :icon16: Also put in the most important piece of the interior - my pistol grip :rofl:

Anyhow, couldnt push the car out in the sun - so this pic will have to suffice.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010 - 10:16:22 PM »
Killer  :drool:   
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2010 - 10:17:15 PM »
NICE! :drool:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2010 - 10:36:35 PM »
Excellent!  :drool:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010 - 10:07:39 AM »
hmmmmmmm......    :drool:
*** Bart ***

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010 - 05:45:20 PM »
 :woohoo: MORE PICS! :picture:
Geoff
70 Cuda 440-4, auto, 8 3/4 sure-grip

Offline ajantics

• Yeah......Im a drummer!
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010 - 06:07:59 PM »
 :wow: The car is looking great! What leaf springs are you using with the Dr diff kit? I love the stance of your car! :2thumbs:
70 Barracuda
73 'Cuda
2003 Dodge Ram 3/4ton
2009 G37s

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010 - 10:01:56 PM »
Looks great but you might want to fix that rear spring shackle thats locked out!!

[/quote]

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2010 - 12:09:13 AM »
Looks great but you might want to fix that rear spring shackle thats locked out!!

I think its an illusion with the offset shackles, they aren't locked out - I'll check again to make sure though :thumbsup:

:wow: The car is looking great! What leaf springs are you using with the Dr diff kit? I love the stance of your car! :2thumbs:

The springs are actually the original springs. I was going to upgrade them, but figured it would be a waste as I have plans for the rear end in the future ;), so all I did was add poly bushings. Keep in mind that I lowered it 1" with the dr. diff offset kit. The tires are 27" tall in case you were wondering. Also, the front is sitting a little high - I figured with the fluids, battery, bumper, etc that it would drop it down to where I want it.....

Offline Sean

• My Cuda Restore
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2010 - 10:46:35 AM »
Looks great!  Good to see her out and rolling around!   :2thumbs:

Sean

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2010 - 10:29:25 AM »
Well I managed to get her fired up on Sunday after a day of frustration. On the initial try, I wasn't getting fuel to the carb. After bleeding the system to the fuel pump, I managed to get fuel - except the fuel was coming out the side of the carb instead of into the engine :pullinghair: Took it apart, resealed it and put it back on - same thing :banghead: So I just stole the carb of my dads car and got her running. Found oil leaks from the valve covers and possible from the rear main (I really really really hope not :swear:) Anyhow, other than the leaks - she ran great.

This is where things take a turn for the worse - I needed to move the car off the lift and since it was running, I decided to reverse the car out. All went well until I had to put the car is 1st. The transmission decided to lock up again (A problem I thought I had remedied). Turns out the trans is still a POS and will need to be gone through (Im pretty sure I know the problem). So although I planned on installing my 833 OD in a few months, it looks like its going in early and this is where I lucked out a little bit. The reason I hadn't put the 833 OD in from the beginning was because I bought it off a guy who said it was a junkyard piece and would need a rebuild. I opened it up yesterday and the thing looks BRAND NEW. The synchros look new, there isn't a single worn tooth, and everything looks 100% :clapping: So although I delayed the maiden voyage by a couple of days, it actually worked out in my favor. What I thought was going to be time and money to rebuild a trans, ended up being next to nothing. Score one for getting a perfect 833 for 125 bucks :woohoo:

Anyhow, trans should be in today and hopefully the leaks/misc crap will be taken care of by this weekend :ylsuper:

So close....yet so far........

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2010 - 11:28:24 AM »
Well shes on the road. Have a million little loose ends to tie - but shes on the road. Ran into a couple major leaks after I installed the 833 OD that kept delaying progress....plus I bought a new (to me) car that has been sucking up a little of my time. Anyhow, still need to get the demon carb on and fine tune the timing, but its driveable as is....albeit with a million rattles :lol: Hope to have the exhaust on within the next week (just driving with header mufflers now), then going to move onto the interior and all those rattles :thumbsup:

I basically have two months to get the car 100% done (Im hoping to place in the Mopar Nat's Young gun show)

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010 - 12:35:34 PM »
 :burnout: VERY VERY nice chally,you did one heck of a job on it and imo you should place very very well in the young guns catergory,i would love to own your chally.one awesome car.  :2thumbs:

Dave........... MOPAR FANATIC
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2010 - 02:34:50 PM »
Car looks great! awesome job.  :2thumbs:
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe