Author Topic: Football tidbits...............  (Read 535 times)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Football tidbits...............
« on: December 07, 2009 - 03:11:33 PM »
And other questionable stuff.

Brian Kelly is having a talk with Notre Dame people tomorrow.

Personally I feel the NCAA out to set rules about this, such as no school can interview a prospective coach until that coach's teams' season is over, unless that coach has already either quit or been fired. This is not fair to Kelly or his Cincy team, wait until their bowl games is played.

And "good old Charlie" is already politicing for an NFL job. He has publically said he would take the offensive Cord. job at Chicago, oh, providing the job was available. Well Charlie why don't just have the onions to say, "I think the Bears oughtt to fire their OC, I'd be interested."

Charlie also said in retalition to some pointed questions at a news conference concerning his firing at Notre Dame, he said why (not a quote here) is everyone being so critical of me? I don't live with a graduate student out in Calif., I still live with my wife. That kind of stuff isn't even in the news, but everyone wants to talk about me being fired. Evidently Charlie has some inside info on Pete Carroll of USC,................well Charlie the contry knows about it now true or not, you just told the country about your fellow buddy coach's extra time adventures.

On a little lighter note, Urban Meyer was dismissed from a Flordia hospital after suffering from dehydration, this is true. But how does a coach get dehydrated on the sideline. Personally I wouldn't think crying any amount could cause dehydration. But I guess maybe. But was it tears from losing the game or the thought of not having "super man" Tebow around him?  :roflsmiley: BTW, an after game shot showed Tebow crying so hard his lower lip was quivering, I bet the two of them really had a pity party afterward. Obviously I'm not too fond of either of those esteemed gentlemen. Sorry, that coach/player relationship just didn't seem normal.  :dunno:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
Re: Football tidbits...............
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009 - 03:19:44 PM »
Of course with me being a "Dawg" fan, Urban and Teee- Boow ain't my favorites either. Tebow is a good player, but the sports media have done their best to elevate him to football god status. I was pulling for Bama to get the upset and they did. The Gator boys couldn't handle getting beat. They didn't have a problem beating everyone else. A little humility will do them good.
Great post Jim  --  and tell us how you really feel about ole Charlie....     :stirpot:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009 - 03:30:41 PM »
Great post Jim  --  and tell us how you really feel about ole Charlie....     :stirpot:   

:roflsmiley: I can't, this is a family type site.  :smilielol:  And what do you mean an "upset", no upset seriously !  It on the other hand was an old fashioned "come upins" and or a beat down. Hard to imagine a gator draggin his tale any lower.  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :cheers: The higher the pedistal you put yourself on the farther the fall back to earth.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009 - 03:37:55 PM »

And what do you mean an "upset", no upset seriously !  It on the other hand was an old fashioned "come upins" and or a beat down. Hard to imagine a gator draggin his tale any lower.  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :cheers: The higher the pedistal you put yourself on the farther the fall back to earth.

I felt like Bama would take 'em to the woodshed, but the Gators were ranked #1 all season leading up to the game.  Nick Saban is a great coach and he had the Crimson Tide ready.  Tebow crying was a classic. Where was Urban to console him on the sidelines? Oh yeah, he was de-hydrated...  lol   :smilielol:   I guess the Gators now know that the higher up the ladder you go, the more folks can see your butt....     :bigsmile:
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"