Author Topic: Anyone see Musclecars Ultimate Street Fighter?  (Read 2613 times)

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
Anyone see Musclecars Ultimate Street Fighter?
« on: December 09, 2009 - 07:50:24 PM »
Sorry if this is old or posted before, but my dvr came across a build for a 71 cuda for the UFC president. It recorded several episodes of it, and the most interesting one was where they basically had to cut some brand new Hooker headers all up in pieces to make them fit!! They practically had to reroute and remake every tube, especially on the left side. Gee...go figure  :roflsmiley:
With all the headaches theyve given people here I got a huge laugh out of it all!
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Anyone see Musclecars Ultimate Street Fighter?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009 - 07:52:18 PM »
 :roflsmiley:     

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009 - 07:58:43 PM »
I'm curious, do you know if it was a big or small block by chance?  I always wondered which engine gets the dirty end of it as far as bad fitting headers.  I only know about big blocks and the oh so fun with headers there.   :pullinghair:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline rallye73

• Model cars for the big boys!!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009 - 08:05:46 PM »
Sad thing is they pulled the 8 3/4 and put a 9inch ford axle in it's place. Like the sorry excuse for a 440 that the horsepower crew built would be enough to hurt anything.
John Moorman
1971 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed (waiting it's turn)
1973 Challenger Rallye 340 4 speed (undergoing full resto)
2003 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 turbo daily driver-been as fast as 11.97et
1995 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe DOHC 5 speed Nitro-yellow-green (one of 527 built)

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009 - 09:35:51 PM »
yeah, I didnt see the engine build but it was a 440-6pak with a shaker, and all the usual restomod upgrades.
Also got a kick out of the guy claiming he had a 5 or 6 car collection and this was his favorite. In fact he said seeing the car built was making him happier than he had ever been over anything. Wow. All I could think was get a life already. But I could certainly understand his excitment, cause Ive been there.
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline cudazappa

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009 - 10:03:59 AM »
Sad thing is they pulled the 8 3/4 and put a 9inch ford axle in it's place. Like the sorry excuse for a 440 that the horsepower crew built would be enough to hurt anything.

yeah, during that episode they called it an 8 1/4!!!  That was the most disappointing Mopar build yet.  And they couldn't buy better headers to fit?  Oh wait, those header makers aren't sponsors!!  Shopheaders.com my arse!
1971 Challenger - AutoX project
2015 Dart GT - Daily Driver

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009 - 09:01:32 PM »
There was ALOT that doesn't make sense on that show.  Also some stuff went on behind the scenes I guess....

Example... the Custom "UFC" billboards are replaced by stock 440 billboards from the second to last episode to the final episode of the buildup.  I guess Dana wasn't too happy with some of it.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009 - 10:03:58 PM »
Those d-bags don't know the first thing about a Mopar.  I was really confused with the statement "With this engine combination, you can't just go buy an off-the-shelf set of headers".

What kind of crazy maniac has ever heard of a 440 in a 'Cuda?  :clueless:

Next best thing...all of their f^&ing with the motor mounts means that they had to cut over a 1/4" of height out of the shaker bubble.  They were making excuses about the Edelbrock 6-Pack manifold being too tall???

If I was Dana, I'd send a couple of his MMA champs to fix the geniuses on Musclecar TV.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.