Author Topic: I', FED UP with mice!!!  (Read 5301 times)

Offline JayBee

• Resident
Re: I', FED UP with mice!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009 - 05:36:48 PM »
Play this. And take your frustrations out.
http://www.flashrolls.com/shooting-games/Mouse-Kill-Flash-Game.htm

Well, I did and it was more frustrating  :faint: , but thanks for trying  :thumbsup:
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009 - 05:49:29 PM »
How are they getting into the car? Is there a body plug missing or something  :dunno: I had nests on both sides of the inside back seat quarter trim panels, that way they could get to the trunk easy enough.

Lunch

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009 - 06:08:20 PM »
Lunch, I have no idea how they're getting in. All the body plugs are there and there's no rust holes, that I can see anyway. Apparently they don't need much of a hole to squeeze through if they really want in. Maybe they're still there from the summer when I used to park the car in the garage with the top down, could that be possible  :dunno:
John

2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009 - 06:25:17 PM »
John, mice can get thru a hole no bigger than the size of a nickle (american) and they can drop from up in rafters too (top down?).  Some body drain holes could be big enuff is suppose.  :dunno: I hope they haven't been chewing on your seat foam!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009 - 11:23:03 PM »
John,

I guess now thinking about they can get in some small holes. This is how my 340 was when I pulled it out of my car. The left side of the engine was full of wheat and the right side of the engine was full of mice crap. They got in through a missing carb into the intake and through holes in the exhaust into the engine.

I guess a multiple prong of attack would be best, like the bouce, soap, close the top, and check for holes.

I also found this which may be worth reading http://www.hagerty.com/lifestyle/hobby_article.aspx?id=61110

Lunch

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009 - 11:56:00 PM »
Since you are storing the car, try one of the inflatable storage bubbles. 
They are relatively inexpensive and would at least trap them. 
Load up the traps and get them all while it is in storage.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009 - 07:51:55 AM »
John,

I guess now thinking about they can get in some small holes. This is how my 340 was when I pulled it out of my car. The left side of the engine was full of wheat and the right side of the engine was full of mice crap. They got in through a missing carb into the intake and through holes in the exhaust into the engine.

I guess a multiple prong of attack would be best, like the bouce, soap, close the top, and check for holes.

I also found this which may be worth reading http://www.hagerty.com/lifestyle/hobby_article.aspx?id=61110

Lunch

:wow: :stomp: :banghead:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009 - 08:57:59 AM »
There is some great advise here...   :2thumbs: 

I am with ya though, I might be able to put up with a few irritating things in life, but a mouse running up my leg while cruising would trip my trigger....    :22yikes:     :bigsmile:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009 - 09:24:48 AM »
The article through Hagerty mentions a brand called Top Cat, that is what I've always used in recent years. When I had both this brand and Decon they leave the Decon alone.........? Just may be the part of the country?  :roflsmiley: But I've never put the bait it's self in the cars, but the idea of a full sealed packet does make sense. I've also been told not to get too allarmed about the bait being gone in a short period of time. The mice hoard it thinking it is food, and they take it back to nestings, storing up for the winter months. Yes they do seek out water after eating, the water causes internal bloating to the point of rupturing the internals of the mice, killing them. These products are also supposed to then absorb the mice's body fluids, lowering the oder factor after death.? Rodents cannot pass gas. So if you have problems
farting.........................  :smilielol:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009 - 11:38:07 AM »
Its also been suggested to stick steel wool in the exhaust tips to keep mice out. It has happened to me once before when I started the car up in the spring and blew sunflower seeds out the pipes.  :pullinghair:
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009 - 06:05:28 PM »
Well that's my plan..."a multiple prong of attack". Hope there's no surprises when I pull the back seat. Many thanks again, you guys are the best. Lunch, I'm saving your 340 pictures.  :22yikes:
John

2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline Moparpena

• Project Challenger r/t
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009 - 06:12:24 PM »
This is my mice-eating-machine. Works well.

Thats a quarter panel box and the name of the beast is Manne.
Dodge Challenger r/t 1970, fc7 car. Restoration link below:
http://penasgarage.blogspot.com/

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009 - 08:23:06 PM »
Must be that time of year. Slippers (our cat) has gotten four of the little buggers just in the last week.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline 74ralley

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009 - 10:29:29 PM »
You can also try moth balls as the smell is supposed to burn their noses. might work if you can stand the smell
The Only Easy Day, Was Yesterday.

Pennsylvania

Offline Kelly B.A.

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009 - 10:59:58 PM »
Mouse chewed through air filter in 2002 f-450 at work and made nest in intake.
No one aware of this,send a kid at work to start the truck up to move it,it ran rough ??? and smoked like hell,(I guess mice are not a good motor fuel)$1200 worth of parts,turbo,2 injectors,cleaning nasty intercooler.
One second everything is fine in mouseville,next second you and your mouse buddy are sucked in to a vortex of a 7.3 powerstroke,and the destination,my mouse friend in not good.
When you shred mice up with a turbo and try to pass whats left through an engine,there is alot of caramel like crap to be cleaned up after .Having gone throught this once in life,I find that I would not recommend it to anyone,mouse,or man.
"If it was easy,then women and children would be doing it"