Author Topic: Challenger Grill Question  (Read 890 times)

Offline Brewster_440

Challenger Grill Question
« on: December 13, 2009 - 07:04:52 PM »
I have a 1970 Challenger project and am not new to forums, but new to this forum.

This was a beat up car when i got it, but had potential, so i went with it. The car was a 318 automatic, came to me with a 440. I have back-halved it with a 4-link and narrowed dana, stock rebuilt front suspension, 4-spd, full NHRA 12 point cage, tied frame rails, reinforced front framerails with 1/8" plate steel. I have fiberglass doors, trunk lid rear valance and rear bumper. I have the front fenders, hood, bumper, headlight bucket panel, and valance all fiberglass, and i have been glassing it all together with the nose set up to tilt on a 1 inch square metal frame. I have questions about how the grill/headlight bezels/bumper should fit. I have no radiator support or inner fenders so the grill needs to hang off the fenders/hood as reference.

right now i need to get the grill correctly in place and then i can glass in the headlight panel. I have the headlight buckets and headlights installed in the bucket panel with all the adjuster hardware and they will be positioned and then glassed in place. Any thoughts/ideas would be helpful.
1968 GTX 426 Hemi - gone
1967,65,72 Darts - gone
1970 Challenger - current project
First time behind the wheel of a car was in a 1973 Chrysler Town & Country w/440 on Daytona Beach

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Challenger Grill Question
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009 - 07:52:42 PM »
we made a steel Bucket from sheet metal & attached the bucket to the inner frame work inside the nose on my friends car which is almost identical , I think we used one pop rivet int he fiberglass for a mount tab

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t