Author Topic: T-Cap and Floor pan replacement...  (Read 848 times)

Offline mapandjlp

T-Cap and Floor pan replacement...
« on: December 17, 2009 - 07:37:05 AM »
Need some quick opinions, Guys.  What do you think it should cost me to have a driver's floor pan installed and a passenger side T-Cap replaced on my '70 Challenger? 

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
Re: T-Cap and Floor pan replacement...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009 - 08:36:35 AM »
Guess I don't know body jargon, what's a T-Cap?  ???
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline mapandjlp

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009 - 01:52:34 PM »
Yeah, I had to look that one up too.  It's the point where the front frame rail meets the torsion bar crossmember.  It's sorta shaped like a " T ".

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009 - 02:02:07 PM »
It's the point where the front frame rail meets the torsion bar crossmember.  It's sorta shaped like a " T ".
Oh, OK. Makes sense. Thanks. Sorry I can't give you any $ estimate, I did my panel replacement at home and just farmed out the paint so I have no idea how much it would cost.
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline A R T

• Looks like some one needs to be frisked....
    • Auto Rust Technicians/Safe-T-Cap
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009 - 03:53:39 PM »
As usual, its difficult to guess whats needed when it comes to replacing the floor. These are my typical questions for blind quotes.
Has it been fixed before? Is the surrounding areas in excellent shape? Is the rest of the frame ok? Is it the short front floor, or the long front floor? What are the labor rates in your area. Are the body guys fabricators with experience doing this stuff?

If it was in my shop, and I was putting in one of our T-caps, and a simple front floor? I would guess your looking at 8-10 hours labor, plus shop supplies, so your in the $6-900 range here.
Nothing to see here folks, Its just a Bluesmobile.

Offline mapandjlp

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009 - 06:55:59 PM »
As usual, its difficult to guess whats needed when it comes to replacing the floor. These are my typical questions for blind quotes.
Has it been fixed before? Is the surrounding areas in excellent shape? Is the rest of the frame ok? Is it the short front floor, or the long front floor? What are the labor rates in your area. Are the body guys fabricators with experience doing this stuff?

If it was in my shop, and I was putting in one of our T-caps, and a simple front floor? I would guess your looking at 8-10 hours labor, plus shop supplies, so your in the $6-900 range here.

Thanks for the guess.  I know it's tough to figure without actually seeing the project.  About the car though, it's really odd just how solid everything else is.  The T-cap is rusted between the union and the rocker but the crossmember and the front rail are mint.  The driver's floorpan is rotted under the feet but the other floorpans are nice.  It's weird...